Let us choose any Alignment power

Wavicle

I agree that locking powers behind alignments is a bad idea, but I dont think the powers themselves are the issue.

Personally, I think it's more to do with map access. If characters of any alignment, not just Rogues and Vigilantes, could travel where they pleased, I think this would resolve the issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Tyrannical said:

I agree that locking powers behind alignments is a bad idea, but I dont think the powers themselves are the issue.

Personally, I think it's more to do with map access. If characters of any alignment, not just Rogues and Vigilantes, could travel where they pleased, I think this would resolve the issue.

not really. I want to be able to be any alignment for roleplay reasons while simultaneously being able to take any of the powers for gameplay reasons.

Travel restrictions are a separate issue.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

I feel that removing travel restrictions allows players to choose any alignment and its power without any major downside.

As far as I'm aware only the player can see their own alignment, so it shouldn't affect roleplay too much I imagine.

I don't know if others can see your alignment, but the issue is that it changes what contacts you get and what missions you can take. It also changes the names of Badges and Titles that you get. THAT has a big impact on roleplay.

Edited by Wavicle

Just now, Tyrannical said:

That's a fair point actually.

Though I agree with @Rudra that alignments should have incentive to play them, and if it's not powers, are badges and titles enough?

to me the incentive has always been the content and the badges and titles. I don’t see what other incentive I need.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

to me the incentive has always been the content and the badges and titles. I don’t see what other incentive I need.

That's fair.

Though, that would make map access an issue again. Since Heroes/Vigilantes and Villains/Rogues share the same contacts, badges and titles, what would incentivise playing Hero/Villain?

24 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

That's fair.

Though, that would make map access an issue again. Since Heroes/Vigilantes and Villains/Rogues share the same contacts, badges and titles, what would incentivise playing Hero/Villain?

The Star or Spider next to my health bars.

I don’t object to ALSO giving everyone access to all the maps.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Paragon Studios tried to set the alignments so that Heroes and Villains would be essentially what Vigilantes and Rogues are today... can only do their side's story arcs, but can go to any zone and start any TF/SF.  Vigilantes and Rogues would be able to start story arcs on both sides.  But they couldn't get it to work, so we have what we have.

Of course, it's twelve years later with different developers, so who knows.

I also disagree with separating alignment powers from alignments.  Homecoming already gives away far too much, people need some incentive to play the Villain alignment and the Villain alignment power is a fine incentive.  It's not just Dominators that use it, but Brutes as well.  Instant Fury is a beauty.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

The Star or Spider next to my health bars.

I don’t object to ALSO giving everyone access to all the maps.

I'd say if map access and powers are no longer tied to alignment, one way of incentivising playing Rogue or Vigilante would be to give Rogues villain contacts, but hero titles/badges, and vice versa for Vigilantes.

This would at least give each of them a little more of their own identity, but I do feel more could be done to give alignments more impact beyond this.

Edited by Tyrannical

10 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Let us choose, probably at the P2W, any of the 4 alignment powers, regardless of which alignment we actually are!

Only the hero and villain alignment powers are worth a damn. The vigilante and rogue powers are utter crap. So either give us the ability to choose or replace the vigilante and rogue powers with something useful.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

From the previous time this was brought up, it seems like it is a desire to have the Frenzy power regardless of alignment. Just my perception of this from the last thread that covered this.

that’s exactly right. and there’s no good reason why I shouldn’t be able to.

What I WOULD support is NOT adding these powers to P2W but instead require they be UNLOCKED on the appropriate side, just like Patron Powers. As long as AFTER we unlock them we can use whichever of the 4 we choose.

Heck let us use ALL OF THEM, but have them share cooldowns.

• Like 2

Just now, Rudra said:

Think it was done to encourage more players to play red side. And seeing the ghost town red side often is while I am playing, I can see the point of doing that.

What you can see is that it didn’t work. People play where they want to play, regardless of “incentives”. So it doesn’t really serve anything to restrict a power to one alignment.