Additional Ignore option - Topics

Uun

When you ignore someone, you have the option to ignore that person's Posts, Messages, Mentions and Signature. Would like to see an additional option that allows you to ignore Topics started by that person.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I haven't used the ignore function on this forum, but I'm all for anything that allows people to curate their online experience more efficiently.

I would add that quotations should also be ignored (a common blind spot of forum software), and there should be no trace of their presence anywhere - some platforms, like Discord, still show notices such as "2 ignored messages". An ignored person should vanish from your experience entirely.

• Thumbs Up 1

The other thing that slips through the net is reactions by people you've ignored. If you've ignored a serial thumbs-downer you still see all their petty little sneers. Then again I'd prefer to remove negative reactions altogether for the good of forum harmony.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:07 AM, Uun said:

When you ignore someone, you have the option to ignore that person's Posts, Messages, Mentions and Signature. Would like to see an additional option that allows you to ignore Topics started by that person.

I haven't ignored anybody in the game, so I was unaware of these options. Everything you mentioned should just be part of ignore, especially topics. If somebody can't stand your opinions to the extent that they're going to block them, that person shouldn't be able to chime in on discussions that you started. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/27/2022 at 11:07 AM, Uun said:

All for this and would prefer to have them not see any posts we've made by anyone we've chosen to ignore.  If I'm ignoring them, I don't really care for their opinion on my opinion. 

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

• 6 months later
  • 2 months later
47 minutes ago, Panache said:

How exactly do you ignore folks on the forums? I feel like I'm missing something (or maybe it's a little counter-intuitive?)

Move your mouse over someone's name and in the lower right of the popup is Ignore. Click on it and then you can choose how extensively you want to ignore them.

12 minutes ago, Herotu said:

With all this ignoring, we might as well not have chat at all!

If people didn't constantly post idiotic gibberish and/or act like 5-year olds we wouldn't need an extensive ignore feature. But they do, so here we are. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1