50 Mastermind dies 30 times on Master ITF team.

Omega9

Mercs/Traps/Field Mastery, 50 (52). Team of eight, 2+ levels x8 players. So moderate challenge Master ITF. Traps only gives you the Force Field Drone for mitigation, the rest is heals and debuffing. Anyway 30 plus defeats. normally I get through a TF with 2 or 3 defeats maximum. Buff the Force Field Drone maybe? I guess I should have waited to buy the Rez power from P2WN because it is free now.

Edited by Omega9

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

Why you do a Master run at +2?  and how did....nvm.  gl

Don't know. I just joined and saw most minions were orange. Checked and saw most boss levels were 53. Maybe it was plus 3 for those in the team who were under 50? Let's see we got the two Goliath AV's, Romulus resurrects a fourth time and goes into a temple and starts casting black hole bombs. That's the Master ITF right?

My only character to receive the "Exalted" badge.

Edited by Omega9

1 hour ago, Omega9 said:

Don't know. I just joined and saw most minions were orange. Checked and saw most boss levels were 53. Maybe it was plus 3 for those in the team who were under 50? Let's see we got the two Goliath AV's, Romulus resurrects a fourth time and goes into a temple and starts casting black hole bombs. That's the Master ITF right?

sounds like a hard mode run rather than a standard MoITF run mate (no deaths, no temps)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Omega9 said:

Now it makes sense.  New hard mode ITF.  I am guessing 1 star (out of 4!)

11 hours ago, Omega9 said:

Let's see we got the two Goliath AV's, Romulus resurrects a fourth time and goes into a temple and starts casting black hole bombs. That's the Master ITF right?

Ah, now it's all clear.  That was a Hard Mode task force.  Compared to that, Master runs are (typically) much easier.

Most characters should expect to die repeatedly on a PUG hard mode run, which is what this sounds like.  With people who play together often and have discussed what character each person is bringing, you can do the hard mode runs with just a handful of deaths.  I've done 1 and 2 star runs with less than 10 deaths and I was on a 4 star run where I died about 8 or 9 times and the entire team had 30-something deaths.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Yes. My MM was relying on Force Field Generator and Triage Beacon and inspirations which ran out fast. Always wanted the 'Exalted' badge. I switched to Scorpion Shield and added Maneuvers since then. You get hit pretty hard though when you do get hit. but...... with Cryonite Armor and the day job defense power I get to 90% defense on Smash/Lethal so I have a temporary emergency power....... now.