Power Pool/Epic Pool/Anything to Speed Up MM Minions.

Zeraphia

On 11/11/2022 at 4:46 AM, srmalloy said:

I'm not sure how complicated it would be to code -- my gut feeling is that it would be annoying to make work, and there are a number of situations where you wouldn't want to have it work that way, but having MM pets 'inherit' any movement effects that the MM has active would address most of the problem.

Yes, including Swift, which would at least help pets keep up on the ground.  I'd be concerned that it would break the pathing AI (Bot's pathing is completely daft) but it would at least be worth a shot I think.

Since everybody has Swift now, it could just be added to the Pet's movement.  The next trick would be to get the Pets to copy your slotting...

On 11/11/2022 at 11:08 AM, Greycat said:

Sprint - they get left behind. Running down the road in Atlas from the wall behind the tram (that drops down) until that road's turn (stopping at the wall at the end,) they took several seconds to catch up just with that.

This is due to Swift, which not everyone had by default back on live, and also most of us "run" now at the speed of Athletic Run or Ninja Run or whatever.  We're all much faster than we used to be.

2 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

This is due to Swift, which not everyone had by default back on live, and also most of us "run" now at the speed of Athletic Run or Ninja Run or whatever.  We're all much faster than we used to be.

I want to say this is not true, but I can't remember when swift went inherent as opposed to MMs becoming available. Regardless, as @Luminara pointed out, the pets are also handicapped by their lower movement caps.

14 hours ago, Rudra said:

I want to say this is not true, but I can't remember when swift went inherent as opposed to MMs becoming available. Regardless, as @Luminara pointed out, the pets are also handicapped by their lower movement caps.

The Fitness pool went inherent after COV came out. I still had one at shutdown with the Fitness pool I never respecced out of.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

21 hours ago, Rudra said:

I think Fitness pool became inherent along with Free To Play, which was basically the last year the game was live. Basically they were trying to make the game easier to play rather than new players needing to know that this obscure looking tertiary power is *SO* important to game play. This is well after both Inventions and VEATs, iirc.  I should look this up but I think that's the gist of it.

11 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

I think Fitness pool became inherent along with Free To Play, which was basically the last year the game was live. Basically they were trying to make the game easier to play rather than new players needing to know that this obscure looking tertiary power is *SO* important to game play. This is well after both Inventions and VEATs, iirc.  I should look this up but I think that's the gist of it.

My point was that MM pets always had problems keeping up, and I was relatively sure it wasn't because of inherent Swift. However, I couldn't remember when Swift and the rest of the Fitness pool went inherent, so I couldn't say for sure.

12 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

I think Fitness pool became inherent along with Free To Play, which was basically the last year the game was live.

Fitness became inherent in issue 19, F2P was 21. (Honestly, I thought inherent fitness was earlier than that. Go figure.)

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 hours ago, Greycat said:

Fitness became inherent in issue 19, F2P was 21. (Honestly, I thought inherent fitness was earlier than that. Go figure.)

Yeah, just two issues before FTP.  I'm guessing they were already well into planning FTP by then, so I think they were getting ready by making parts of the game easier.

Issue 19 looks like mainly the introduction of the Alpha slot and incarnate system.  I wonder if that had anything to do with making Fitness inherent.  (Seriously thanks for looking that up since I couldn't be arsed to do it.)

23 hours ago, Rudra said:

My point was that MM pets always had problems keeping up, and I was relatively sure it wasn't because of inherent Swift. However, I couldn't remember when Swift and the rest of the Fitness pool went inherent, so I couldn't say for sure.

My point was that Swift makes things much worse.  The bots and some other minions were always kinda slow, but the difference was increased by quite a bit late in the game, making the problem much more pronounced, and pets were never updated. They all do kinda need an "activate the same travel power as the MM" power.  Including Swift in that list of powers to add to pets would help a lot, I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Greycat said:

Yeah, my search of the patch notes for inherent fitness started with issue 12, went back to issue 7, and then forward until 19.