Blaster consume DOT? DOES NOT SHOW DAM

Drionawk

I am doing my electric/fire/flame blaster i am blapping. I love spring attack short circuit ball lighting fire sword circle was using combustion(too long of animation) then burn. But consume damage so low rewards great but recharge mehh. And cauterizing aura(dot???) 

16 hours ago, Drionawk said:

And cauterizing aura(dot???) 

So, if you right click on a power in your tray, such as Cauterizing Aura, you'll see a small drop down menu with an option to select More Info. 

CA is all about regen and recovery. The minor damage is just a bit of lagniappe. Some folks call it a "sustain". Each blaster has it's own version of the Sustain. Some have a few more benefits, with some trade-offs. 

Consume on a blaster is a bit of an outdated power that was quite useful after Inferno. A blaster used to suffer a huge end crash after a nuke, and then be unable to recover endurance for a short time - 10-15 seconds. Consume would help refill the bar after the nuke. Then, at some point in time when I wasn't paying attention - either during live, fairly close to before shutdown, or maybe in the "secret server" time, the crash was removed. So, it's pretty unusual for a blaster to need consume, if they've used the usual IO methods to increase recovery. 
One accuracy and one end mod would be all I'd put in that. Or maybe some procs if the math checks out. I can't recall if I've taken it on HC, so I can't speak to proc-effectiveness as a strategy. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cauterizing Aura is likely the same as the Elec blaster's Sustain field, can't recall what it's named now, but it replaced Lightning Field which used to be just a melee-range DoT.  It increases the blaster's regen and recovery rates, and does a minor bit of End Drain on mobs along with trivial damage.

Consume = Power Sink (a PBAoE that sucks endurance from nearby mobs to replenish the caster's End bar).  The more mobs it hits, the more End gets recovered. 

I'm sure other blaster primaries also have variants of these.  

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

On 11/15/2022 at 3:16 PM, Ukase said:

The minor damage is just a bit of lagniappe

I had two phenomenal English teachers in high school who steeped me in vocabulary and gave me a love for it.  It is somewhat rare, therefore, that I encounter a word new to me that isn't some disposable pop-culture term.  Today I learned "lagniappe" and I love it.  Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/17/2022 at 8:40 AM, Techwright said:

I had two phenomenal English teachers in high school who steeped me in vocabulary and gave me a love for it.  It is somewhat rare, therefore, that I encounter a word new to me that isn't some disposable pop-culture term.  Today I learned "lagniappe" and I love it.  Thank you!

Here in the Gulf Coast area, there is actually a weekly paper that makes the rounds by the same title. And in Louisiana, you might see the Lagniappe magazine. It's a fairly common term in New Orleans; you might see it in certain restaurants. Back when I was eating them, I'd order a dozen donuts, and the guy would give me a dozen donut holes as a bit of "lagniappe". A little bit extra, kind of like when the clocks turn back an hour every year. 

Or, you might see my water/time corruptor by the same name every so often. 

On 11/17/2022 at 8:40 AM, Techwright said:

Here in the Gulf Coast area, there is actually a weekly paper that makes the rounds by the same title. And in Louisiana, you might see the Lagniappe magazine. It's a fairly common term in New Orleans; you might see it in certain restaurants. Back when I was eating them, I'd order a dozen donuts, and the guy would give me a dozen donut holes as a bit of "lagniappe". A little bit extra, kind of like when the clocks turn back an hour every year. 

Or, you might see my water/time corruptor by the same name every so often. 

On 11/14/2022 at 10:21 PM, Drionawk said:

I am doing my electric/fire/flame blaster i am blapping. I love spring attack short circuit ball lighting fire sword circle was using combustion(too long of animation) then burn. But consume damage so low rewards great but recharge mehh. And cauterizing aura(dot???) 

Yeah, Combustion is horrible for the animation time.  However, they did just reduce it by 0.6 secs with the recent update.  

As mentioned above, Cauterizing Aura should be slotted for endurance (and regen, if you want) - NOT for damage.  3 slot endmod in it and you do not need to slot Stamina (just put a Performance Shifter proc in it).  

Consume - as mentioned above, not entirely needed anymore.  However, I DO take it and slot it for Damage - I'll take any AOE i can get (except Combustion).  😄  Even though the recharge on Consume is long, it can be used every other mob, at least.  It is also useful for when Sappers, Super Stunners, or other mobs that instantly drain your end bar and reduce your Recovery to 0.  Fire off the Consume (even slotted for damage) and you're back in the action until the recovery debuff wears off.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Cauterizing Aura's primary function is regen and recovery, but the base damage is actually not bad. The damage can be worth enhancing depending on your playstyle. Like Death Shroud and World of Confusion, it has an 8 ft radius, unlike Hot Feet and Dynamo holding a 20 ft radius. Even playing a very melee oriented blapping blaster you will find the 8 ft radius limiting. However the damage is far from negligible and when it is safe to be within 8 ft, the damage can make it a bit more worthwhile. It is damage output that exists outside of your attack chain and animations. It will hurt foes when you're attacking something else, it will hurt them while you are casting self buffs like BU/Aim, it can proc almost twice during long animations like FSC/Short Circuit/Thunderous Blast, and it costs zero endurance to run. The damage you get from cauterizing aura stacks nicely with Hot Feet, boasting the rare double damage aura title that fire manipulation has access to, and is boosted by BU, Aim, Red Insps, and a very large damage cap. There are many ways to enhance all 3 (regen/recov/dmg) aspects to respectable levels, especially with help from your alpha incarnate choice such as musculature or intuition radial, and new sets like Synapse's Shock and Power Transfer.

Fire Manipulation is quite playable without Consume. Cauterizing Aura no longer has an endurance cost and Nukes no longer crash. I usually skip Consume, which is not to say it is a bad power at all, just that when builds get tight and you're trying to squeeze the most in, Consume usually gets cut. Consume's best selling point is the 2 min duration 50% debuff protection to endurance drains, which is perma with just 50% global recharge and no hasten. It refills your endurance and also provides a 15 second recovery buff. It is great with procs, my favorite is Superior Avalanche: Chance for Knockdown, which turns Consume into a pseudo-Foot Stomp with a 20 ft radius.

4 slots proc bomb, add recharge to taste, it wont affect your proc chances.
Level 28: Consume -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), Erd-%Dam(29), Obl-%Dam(29), ScrDrv-Dam%(31)

6 slots with eradication set bonus for energy/neg/ranged def.
Level 28: Consume -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), Erd-%Dam(29), Obl-%Dam(29), ScrDrv-Dam%(31), Erd-Acc/Rchg(31), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(31)

Edited by DreadShinobi

Currently on fire.

6 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

It is great with procs, my favorite is Superior Avalanche: Chance for Knockdown, which turns Consume into a pseudo-Foot Stomp with a 20 ft radius.

Indeed, this.  Proc for stun, or knockdown, or even a hold, it's extra PBAoE crowd control in a can.

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!