Supermassive: Human Warshade (Updated for Page 5)

SableShrike

Mucking about with the reordering of HEAT powers in Mids and figured I'd post this if anyone was interested in it.

It's kind of a hybrid of things I've done in the past; Hover and Shadow Step are your main travel.  Eclipse is on a 3 second cooldown, and Shadow Slip + Quasar let you annihilate a room every 45 seconds.  Gravitic and Inky will stun-lock entire groups before you shred them.  Shadow Blast and Detonation give you some flexibility, allowing you to deal with runners.  Detonation is actually highly efficient damage against ten targets.

Oh yeah, and this has completely soft-capped Melee Defense.  Which is pretty handy.  I don't actually run Tactics or Maneuvers; but all other toggles I'm using.

Only Incarnate power that I consider a "must have" for this is Spiritual Core Paragon for your Alpha.  Rest are completely up to yourselves.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Sable Shrike: Level 50 Science Warshade
Primary Power Set: Umbral Blast
Secondary Power Set: Umbral Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt -- SprKhlGrc-Rchg/FormBuff(A)
Level 1: Absorption -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(5), GldArm-3defTpProc(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 2: Gravity Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Orbiting Death -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(11), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(13)
Level 6: Shadow Blast -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(15), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Apc-Dam%(17), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 8: Hover -- HypSnc-Fly(A), HypSnc-End/Fly(33), HypSnc-End(43), HypSnc-+Special(43), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 10: Penumbral Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-ResDam(19), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 12: Dark Detonation -- SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg(21), SprKhlGrc-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprKhlGrc-Dmg/Rchg(23), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 14: Shadow Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 16: Gravity Well -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(39), UnbCns-Dam%(39)
Level 18: Sunless Mire -- Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Rchg(34), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg(45), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 20: Gravitic Emanation -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(31), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(33), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(43)
Level 22: Stygian Circle -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(A)
Level 24: Dark Extraction -- SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg(25), SprEssTrn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprEssTrn-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprEssTrn-Rchg/Global Heal(48)
Level 26: Quasar -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Arm-Dam%(29), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(48)
Level 28: Inky Aspect -- Acc-I(A)
Level 30: Shadow Slip -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(48), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 32: Eclipse -- EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), UnbGrd-ResDam(42)
Level 35: Twilight Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Stygian Return -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Dark Sustenance 
Level 1: Shadow Step -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(3)
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
------------
------------

Edited by SableShrike

Just to add some feedback on leveling this (which I’m doing now from a blank start):  having Gravitic for even exemplared Positron TFs is nuts.

And having Dark Extraction for Synapse is crazy.

From Yin on, you have Quasar, Shadow Slip, and Inky Aspect.

Human Shades are much easier to level on Live now, and they bring a lot more firepower at the lower levels.

I recently respec'd my Triform WS and can confirm, hopping into lower level content is much more fun with so many abilities available sooner. The conundrum I found was that you are able to choose between anywhere from 2 to 6 different clutch powers in the 20's now! The new range of choices we now have to make can almost be worse than our hands being tied by the level gate.

Anyways, I always appreciate when Kheld players share their builds and enthusiasm for these classes, so thank you for that. That said, your style of build isn't the sort I, nor most WS players I've chatted with, would typically use. Rather than outline my opinion on your choices, I'd rather hear your reasoning behind things like the lack of Hasten, taking every Umbral Aura shield, and the notable lack of procs for supplemental damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

Hi gang, there is a method to the madness.

I don’t bother with Hasten as I prefer to just autofire Clarion instead.  I have tried it with.

As for single-target chains, I don’t see a reason to build a Shade for single-target?

Pretty much everything we do is to siphon entire groups, nuke, and raise Essences.  Doing so eats up enough time you won’t be bothering with singletarget in most soloing/teams.  You have at least two Essences at all times, who are more efficient singletarget DPS than a Human Shade is.  (They also stack Slows and can floor a Cyclops or Minotaur’s movement speed).

Essence Drain was a hard one to skip, I’ll admit.  But in in-game testing, for 5+ enemies in a group Detonation let me clear spawns much faster.  One long-activation singletarget vs something that hits the whole group.

That’s also why Melee Defense is desirable.  You wanna be stunning the entire x8 spawn with Gravitic and Inky, and Melee Defense makes that stupidly safe.  Even at levels where you could catch mez soloing without Clarion (many mobs have a stun component to their melee hits, ie Tsoo).

Exemping is also why I take every shield. Ever try to face-tank on a Shade without Eclipse and you’ll get why.  Sustenance and a shield are enough to let you play melee in Positron, say.  I never build anything to only function around a single power; doing so locks out too much solo content.

So yeah, there are some reasons!  This solos most stuff at x8 just fine; I’ve had a fully tricked out 50 set up very similarly.  Just restarted for the Page 5 stuff.

x8 Arachnos can be a bit of a pain, as the abundance of Slow they have can mess with cooldowns.

But they still die!  Cannot stress enough how good Gravitic and Inky to lock every single group is.

Edited by SableShrike

13 hours ago, Dungeoness said:

I recently respec'd my Triform WS and can confirm, hopping into lower level content is much more fun with so many abilities available sooner. The conundrum I found was that you are able to choose between anywhere from 2 to 6 different clutch powers in the 20's now! The new range of choices we now have to make can almost be worse than our hands being tied by the level gate.

this has been a real struggle on my PB (my main toon) and now my WS. I think I’ve got the juggle right. They really shine as exemp toons that Swiss-army knife, more than before. 

However, it has been part of the reason I’ve been less keen on hitting 50 with my WS. Partly because I’ve been doing redside arcs and want to do the ones I’ve not done in ages. But also because I have every power I want? My last few are gonna be mules, so i kind of have no excitement to get the others. It’s exaggerated the “kheldians are finished by about the mid 30s” feeling.

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later

Hi gang,

Yeah, this works just fine fully tricked out.  With Clarion on Autofire you can faceroll most enemy groups as easily as any "overpowered" AT can.

Was thinking the other day that the reason I tend to like Human Khelds is they "progress" in terms of tricks and power.  Yeah, your IO sets and global bonuses will help Forms, but they're a very static ride if you're playing only Forms for 50+ levels.

The easy way to test this build out is to just hop on the Beta server and spend a bit of time there to "finish" this with IOs.  Then see how far you can crank it up in terms of Notoriety.  I can generally run +4x8 when maxed, but as mentioned certain groups can really hose you now and then.  Arachnos, for example.  Council are a complete stomp, however.

I'm still debating fitting Essence Drain in, but the thinking is this:  it's good versus a single target, but for any group with 5+ enemies Detonation is better damage and mitigation.  Incoming fire from multiple minions will quickly overwhelm the healing from Drain, whereas Detonation will let you sweep the trash faster and mitigate that incoming fire with AoE knockdown.

This is not the case with Black Dwarf Drain, where the heal is substantially bigger due to your HP increase.  Dwarf Drain lets you fight perpetually in safety, whereas on Human I found I could be overwhelmed by enemy numbers if I wasn't defeating the groups fast enough.

My favorite slotting for either Drain is:

Touch of the Nictus: Acc/Heal

Touch of the Nictus: Acc/End/Heal

Touch of the Nictus: Chance for Negative

Theft of Essence: Acc/End/Heal

Theft of Essence: Chance for +Endurance

Touch of Death: Chance for Negative

Here's what I'm currently building towards on Live; just did a respec after hitting 50.

Dropped Hover, but picked up Starless Step for more Warshade fun.  It's tight to fit everything in when you "should" take it, but I've tried to do this logically.  It ought to have offense and defense in reliable levels at nearly any level.

This exemplars really well, and is quite fun on a full team for a Positron, say.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Sable Shrike: Level 50 Science Warshade
Primary Power Set: Umbral Blast
Secondary Power Set: Umbral Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt

• (A) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Recharge/Form Empowerment

Level 1: Gravity Shield

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (3) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (27) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (27) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (29) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (29) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 2: Absorption

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (31) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (31) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance
  • (31) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 4: Orbiting Death

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (5) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (5) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
  • (25) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
  • (25) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 6: Shadow Blast

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (7) Apocalypse - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (7) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (9) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (9) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (11) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 8: Starless Step

• (A) Rectified Reticle - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (39) Rectified Reticle - To Hit Buff

Level 10: Sunless Mire

• (A) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (21) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (21) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
  • (23) Obliteration - Damage
  • (23) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 12: Dark Detonation

• (A) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (13) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (19) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Recharge
  • (19) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 14: Shadow Cloak

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (15) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (15) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (17) Red Fortune - Endurance
  • (50) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 16: Gravity Well

• (A) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (33) Hecatomb - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (33) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (34) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 18: Penumbral Shield

• (34) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (36) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (36) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 20: Gravitic Emanation

• (A) Stupefy - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge
  • (37) Stupefy - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (40) Stupefy - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (45) Stupefy - Endurance/Stun
  • (45) Stupefy - Stun/Range
  • (48) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 22: Stygian Circle

• (A) Preemptive Optimization - EndMod/Endurance/Recharge

Level 24: Dark Extraction

• (A) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (40) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (40) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (50) Superior Essence Transfer - RechargeTime/Global Heal

Level 26: Quasar

• (A) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (42) Armageddon - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (43) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (45) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 28: Inky Aspect

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 30: Shadow Slip

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (39) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (39) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 32: Eclipse

• (A) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge
  • (46) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance
  • (46) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (46) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (48) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance

Level 35: Twilight Shield

• (36) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (37) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (37) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 38: Combat Jumping

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 41: Maneuvers

Level 44: Tactics

• (A) Rectified Reticle - Increased Perception
  • (48) Rectified Reticle - To Hit Buff

Level 47: Vengeance

Level 49: Grant Invisibility

Level 1: Dark Sustenance 

Level 1: Brawl
  • Thanks 1

Yup, runs pretty smooth alright. Got him all kitted out. Only thing I changed, and don't smack me lol, is I removed shadow slip for hasten. Threw the extra slot into Stygian circle for a little more end.

I don't know if the recharge speed change was worth it but I do like having eclipse overlap a safe amount.

Edited by HachiMan2015