Thanks to the Devs, GMs, and all the volunteers I do not know the titles of

Snarky

I have started leading TFs.  Nothing difficult, +0/x team size for 1-45 TFs.  I do this as part of my new strange obsession to take a toon through every TF/SF in the game in level order.  So that means if the TF I want is not running I start one

I was leading a Synapse and we got the bug of repeated “Defeat Long Tom”.  After the second run through I put in a petition. In almost no time, less than 2 min definitely, there was someone on scene to help.  ( they told us to everyone log off for two minutes, which works)

On a Holiday weekend this all volunteer staff is willing and able to keep Paragon city lights going.  Thank you. Thank you all!  

Now I am headed back Redside.  Big Meeting in Grandville. Something about blowing up power plants and shutting the lights off in Paragon city.

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

So that means if the TF I want is not running I start one

I thought you were allergic to the star...excellent and praiseworthy. 
It's such a simple thing to do, recruit. I know why some folks avoid it, but if you're not a new player, it makes perfect sense to lead the content you want to do, instead of tagging along with someone else. 

And you're quite right about the speedy assistance. On the weekly crawls, we've needed them a couple of times, and within a couple of minutes, there they are to keep things moving along. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah.  I have many a starless night to my credit.  I have developed a pretty smooth recruiting pattern.  I watch the team build for people alting and take great care to let people side switch if they want in.  I load the team by the first seven tells and exercise patience 

Does make me irritated when other team leaders do not do this. A lot.  If i ask a team leader for a spot and they say yes, then i reply side switching only to find my spot is gone.  Grrrrrr

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2022 at 6:59 AM, Snarky said:

Yeah.  I have many a starless night to my credit.  I have developed a pretty smooth recruiting pattern.  I watch the team build for people alting and take great care to let people side switch if they want in.  I load the team by the first seven tells and exercise patience 

Does make me irritated when other team leaders do not do this. A lot.  If i ask a team leader for a spot and they say yes, then i reply side switching only to find my spot is gone.  Grrrrrr

Honestly, the worst issue I have with forming teams is I ask people to send me a tell if they want a spot. They don't send a tell, but then show up in zone asking for a spot that I gave to someone who directly asked for it. Or the ones who send a tell after we're 5 minutes into the mission or TF/Trial. But I also think that team leaders need to be better about saying when their team is full so people know to stop asking. 

• Thumbs Up 1

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!