PVP zone instanced missions

KC4800

Im not sure most players even remember they still exist. I do run them, mostly to test how my hero does against Arachnos or my vigilante can beat up some dirty hero corp. The rewards are about the same as regular missions as far as I can tell, so why not run them occasionally? Anyway thats my perspective.

Anyway my suggestion is:

Implement a few instanced missions in Recluse's Victory, that those players who made an instant lvl 50 PvP zone only character could access, as well as any normal player, like myself, who enjoys the thrill of entering a PvP zone, just to race to a door while invisible, could enjoy. My thought being it would be a good area to test your PvP only build since I do not believe they can access an AE anywhere. And it would give me, a non PvPer a reason to enter Recluse's Victory and poke fun at Castle.

Edited by KC4800
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

The lack of use, at least as far as PvE players goes, is likely a holdover from when PvP players were more prevalent in the game. Why go to a zone where you will be attacked by other players when you have no interest in PvP? Especially since a good PvP build and a good PvE build are built in completely different ways with different foci. Just to do a mission that gives a PvP zone buff? No reason to to bother with that in my opinion. The addition of more instance missions in the PvP zones is fine, provided there is nothing that would require player to go do them. So as long as they aren't made part of a badge arc or required by a PvE contact for completion towards something, I don't care if the devs want to devote the time to making more PvP zone instance missions.

12 hours ago, KC4800 said:

Implement a few instanced missions in Recluse's Victory, that those players who made an instant lvl 50 PvP zone only character could access, as well as any normal player, like myself, who enjoys the thrill of entering a PvP zone, just to race to a door while invisible, could enjoy. My thought being it would be a good area to test your PvP only build since I do not believe they can access an AE anywhere. And it would give me, a non PvPer a reason to enter Recluse's Victory and poke fun at Castle.

I'd have to double check, but I *think* it considers the environment PVE inside of those missions, since you're not actually in the zone.

(And there are so few PVPers, and even fewer in the zones, that PVEers can typically wander in, grab badges, get a heavy, etc. without worrying about it.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

There is some small incentive to run instanced missions in PVP zones, once an hour you get a 25% bonus for mission completion.  Also there's a badge or two involved.

The insta-50 PVP characters can't do those missions.  They can get around to other PVP zones but once there can't do the instanced missions.  I tried that when I first found out about the insta-50s.

11 hours ago, Hedgefund2 said:

There is some small incentive to run instanced missions in PVP zones, once an hour you get a 25% bonus for mission completion.  Also there's a badge or two involved.

The insta-50 PVP characters can't do those missions.  They can get around to other PVP zones but once there can't do the instanced missions.  I tried that when I first found out about the insta-50s.

Yes I do remember there are two badges. And although I have yet to create an insta lvl 50 PvP only character, it is good to know they can get to, say Bloody Bay, but disappointed they can not do the zone instanced missions. I guess they can only street sweep and kill each other.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

22 hours ago, Hedgefund2 said:

... well if you're paying attention to your buff bar in the PVP zones, they do also affect your side and the other side. Run the missions to work off the debuffs the other side might put on  you (and push to damage and resist buffs.) 🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 2 weeks later
On 12/4/2022 at 5:06 PM, Greycat said:

... well if you're paying attention to your buff bar in the PVP zones, they do also affect your side and the other side. Run the missions to work off the debuffs the other side might put on  you (and push to damage and resist buffs.) 🙂

It's what, like 1 or 2% buff/debuff? In an environment where DR already reduces buff/debuff values, they're essentially meaningless.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube