Gaming Laptop GPU insight

SeraphimKensai

Haven't had a laptop in a while, but I highly doubt that (aside from driver related issues) you'll notice any real difference for CoX. So long as they still support the OpenGL / DirectX (?) versions the game is coded to, then you'll be good I'm sure.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

35 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Haven't had a laptop in a while, but I highly doubt that (aside from driver related issues) you'll notice any real difference for CoX. So long as they still support the OpenGL / DirectX (?) versions the game is coded to, then you'll be good I'm sure.

Oh I'm sure CoX won't get any noticable improvement as I get on average about 200 fps on max settings with the existing system. 

There's a few games like Cyberpunk 2077 that use some heavy ray tracing, and although it works with the 2070 I can't run it on max settings. I don't know maybe I wait on the 40 series.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:44 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

Oh I'm sure CoX won't get any noticable improvement as I get on average about 200 fps on max settings with the existing system. 

There's a few games like Cyberpunk 2077 that use some heavy ray tracing, and although it works with the 2070 I can't run it on max settings. I don't know maybe I wait on the 40 series.

Heh, IF you get a good deal on it. Otherwise, I wouldn't sink that much into a GPU.

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later