Influence/Infamy

Squeakerbox

10 hours ago, SaintD said:

The "I don't want to think about this" solution to cash in Homecoming is to spend every last one of your Merits on enhancement converters and list them on the Auction House for 1 inf. They will sell immediately.

Most efficient? No. Pile of money with zero thought or effort? Yes.

Doing so also makes the people who spend their time meticulously crafting recipes and converting them into more valuable rare enhancements very happy. You will then be buying those enhancements later, so the happier those people are, the more they poop rare enhancements into the market for us to buy with lower prices.

Smells like pyramid scheme...

18 minutes ago, Mjolnerd said:

And it's worth mentioning that while money/business is no longer the motivation to insert systems into the game which keep players feeling like they need to come back and try again tomorrow, there's still a reason for Homecoming to cultivate that "maintain your subscription" mentality, and for us as players to want them cultivating that mentality -- because it keeps the servers populated. If too many players ever feel like they're "finished," they'll play something else instead because there's nothing more for them to do here. And that means fewer teams for the rest of us to join, fewer Incarnate trials, fewer people selling things on the market, fewer people in the chat, less activity on the forums and Discord and social media, and generally just a drop in player investment across the board. Which only leads to more people leaving due to that lack of interaction, whether it's a deliberate decision ("this game is dying, I'm going to look for something else") or just a general, passive lack of interest ("there's nothing I need right now, I don't think I'll bother logging on today"). And that, in turn, leads to more people leaving, and so on, and so on, and eventually you end up with Ghost Town of Heroes.

The idea is to provide players with goals. Games like this are a delicate balancing act between too much and too little -- an exercise in giving players enough that they always feel like they're accomplishing something, but never letting them feel like they've accomplished everything.

Is it time for the moon base zone??

On 12/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, Squeakerbox said:

The amount of influence/infamy never matches the levels when you level up.  Like doing missions and you get to lvl 30 and your money is only around 100k even from selling items.  That does not make since.  You can barely buy the enhancements you need for the lvl your at.  No wonder players farm.  I believe Homecoming should put back the influence/infamy they had before.  This is crazy.  I can't even slot my lvl 50's yet because the game does not let you make enough money while you level from missions and task forces.  I really think this needs a fixing.  Also, the endurance and recovery ratio's are terrible.  It like one of the biggest problems with this game besides the money.

I beg to differ.
As an experiment, I ran a character to 50 with no double xp, never did WST, only did each tf once, soloed missions.
At 50 I was fully slotted, albeit no purples, and had 242 million by converting merits to converters and selling them. No crafting, because I'm lazy, just sold all drops for 1 inf.
I regularly run Praetorian content, and converting and selling merits I usually have around 20 million by lvl 20.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:52 AM, Rishidian said:

Why does the OP sound like he's trolling?

I think the better question should be how did a dozen of the forums well-rounded denizens not recognize this too and instead post long diatribes in response... repeatedly.

7 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I think the better question should be how did a dozen of the forums well-rounded denizens not recognize this too and instead post long diatribes in response... repeatedly.

Because someone is wrong on the internet, that's why!