Gravity Control AoE Immob doesn't convert KB?

In a recent patch Controller/Dominator Immobilize primaries were tweaked to convert all KB to KD instead. I'm noticing in Gravity Control this doesn't occur and KB will still fully impact foes, only the holds seem to suppress KB. I think before the update grav never had KB suppression on it's immobilize unlike some other sets like Earth. Just wanted to check if this is all by design or if Grav should get the KB2KD as well.

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

Earth and Ice only get the KB suppression because their immobs were actively nullifying powers in the same set (Earthquake and Ice Slick). Gravity doesn't have any powers that its immobs were rendering ineffective.

More than just Earth and Ice got that suppression change. *Every* set except for Gravity and Elec got it. And Gravity could actually use it, because it would make Propel work better.

In a recent patch Controller/Dominator Immobilize primaries were tweaked to convert all KB to KD instead. I'm noticing in Gravity Control this doesn't occur and KB will still fully impact foes, only the holds seem to suppress KB. I think before the update grav never had KB suppression on it's immobilize unlike some other sets like Earth. Just wanted to check if this is all by design or if Grav should get the KB2KD as well.

Like you said, Gravity's (and Elec's) Immobilizes never had this -KB effect to begin with (to prevent Elec's Jolting Chain and Gremlins, and Gravity's Lift, Propel, Wormhole and Singularity from working as intended), so there was nothing to change in regard to the issue that was being addressed.

The intent wasn't for all Immobilizes to convert KB to KD, but rather any Immobilize that previously caused KB to stop working to instead reduce it to a very low amount. That was done because the -KB effect actively worked against other powers in those sets (Bonfire, Ice Slick, Earthquake, Carrion Creepers).

Edit: Reworded for clarity.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"