Costume: Glow effects

I was trying to get an effect in a visor - a glow, like there's some kind of light behind a robotic mask.

I was obviously unsuccessful, but given we have the Spectrum effects (which I believe are painted on layers that glow) I wonder if it would be possible to give some costume parts a similar glow/luminescence effect. 

I think it would definitely add to things such as eyeware, weapons, auras etc  - but obviously I have no idea how achievable it would be. What I'd like to see is to be able to add a checkbox per colour with "add glow effect" etc.

It might be a wish too far but would certainly add to the costume creator

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

This already exists. Select an aura, then select "eyes only". I think you can have hands only and head only, but not sure weapons is an option.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

They're not asking for auras, they're asking for existing costume options like the Cyclops Visor to have an alternate option with a paint swatch that works the same way Spectrum and the Cyborg eyes do.

I'm all for that. That's a fun idea to proliferate that adds options but doesn't require making actually new models.

There're a lot of parts that could use the Spectrum treatment. I'm sure there's a technical limitation taht prevents it or something, but the 'circuitry' texture pattern could use a "glowing" version too.

1 hour ago, PoptartsNinja said:

I'm all for that. That's a fun idea to proliferate that adds options but doesn't require making actually new models.

There're a lot of parts that could use the Spectrum treatment.

I'd love to see the jeweled chest piece and jeweled belt have the Spectrum treatment, with the jewel glowing not the belt or ring on the chest detail.

This is how I've done it.

image.png.11269785b8d57bcbd3801cb1f4872670.pngimage.png.294d5852966d25d78f938e0242fe315f.png

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

7 hours ago, biostem said:

I think it's fade from darkness affinity that imparts all those affected with this really cool contoured glowing eye effect - that would be awesome as an aura option!

my point is that I don't want the effect to be from an aura but rather a "full bright" effect of the eye/glass/shield itself - so that the surface material appears to either glow or reflect or be backlit. In the same way that we can cover our skin in the bright fluorescent Spectrum layer on our costumes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.