Improve Ninja running

captainstar

The first 2 don't make sense. The first one is a purely cinematic landing stance. The second one you aren't even in a position to run, jump, or strike. If that is what you want though? As long as they are options? Go for it. Doesn't affect me.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add "purely cinematic".
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 1/26/2023 at 11:14 PM, Rudra said:

The first one is a purely cinematic landing stance.

This IS a comic book influenced game, being cool-looking is its own "make sense."  😃

• Like 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Show me any comic that has their characters do that simply after running. (Edit: I've seen that stance or similar at the end of a jump or when hiding on rooftops to scan an area, but not just because the character stopped walking or running.) Regardless, as I said earlier, it's fine as long as it is an option. And the best option for that is an emote. Whether it be a stance emote or a new category of emotes.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

Show me any comic that has their characters do that simply after running.

It's just anecdotal, but I remember watching an episode of an anime many years ago where the mooks employed by the Big Bad were some kind of ninja, and would sweep after the hero in masses when he wasn't looking, freezing in place when he looked back -- in whatever odd pose they were in at the time -- with some supposed ninja ability to be unseen if they were immobile preventing them from being noticed. They suffered from Conservation of Ninjutsu, though, so they weren't much of a threat.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1