Can't move room

Sarsaparilla

So I joined my friends' supergroup and they already had a couple of rooms furnished, but told me I could do what I like with the rest of the base.

After hours of head-scratching and scribbling on graph paper I think I've worked out how to make their room part of a really beautiful floorplan. There's just one hitch: I need to rotate their room so it has the best angle of view and can be seen right away as players enter the base.

Normally I can rotate rooms with the right mouse button but this room...just won't. It can't be moved either. I can highlight a new location in blue but when I click on the new location the room stays where it is. It's not the entrance. I can leave the room where it is, and move the entrance and all the other rooms around it but then, because the entrance always points south, players will come in facing the wrong direction.

I've had quite a few rooms get "stuck" like this already. Usually I can get them to move again by taking everything off the walls but no luck this time. Any other ideas?

I know I should report a bug for this (and I will) but I'm hoping others have seen this problem and have a work-around for it.

See the reply on the other posting, but you also have to remember that every wall can be a door (if you know what I mean). That could be part of what you're dealing with.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Moving decorated rooms is a PITA. 

It can be done… you just have to make sure that absolutely nothing is touching the walls.  Even anything on the floor must be moved away from the walls. 

Also, there needs to be an absolutely clear space for a connecting door at the place you intend to move the room to.  The tiniest vent or cable touching a wall will prevent the room from either moving or attaching to the new spot.

Thank you both!

In this particular case, I found that the problem was a set of stairs buried in a wall that used to be a door, as Aries implied.

I'll keep Kat's pointers in mind for next time, since every room seems to get stuck in its own special way :)

Moving decorated rooms is a PITA. 

It can be done… you just have to make sure that absolutely nothing is touching the walls.  Even anything on the floor must be moved away from the walls. 

Also, there needs to be an absolutely clear space for a connecting door at the place you intend to move the room to.  The tiniest vent or cable touching a wall will prevent the room from either moving or attaching to the new spot.

THIS, this is exactly what I was thinking of. Thanks for the chime-in. ^.^

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)