Martial's Envenomed Blades Question

SenkanYamato

So if it doesn't affect summons...Dark, Plant, and Fire...probably the 3 strongest sets...are less impacted...

If true, that makes two powers out of Plant that it doesn't affect. That's not that horrid considering the raw amount of damage Plant already does.

The only powers it affects from Plant are Entangle, Strangler, and Roots.

So if it doesn't affect summons...Dark, Plant, and Fire...probably the 3 strongest sets...are less impacted...

If true, that makes two powers out of Plant that it doesn't affect. That's not that horrid considering the raw amount of damage Plant already does.

Correct. Out of plant powers, only five have damage portions, and two are pet/summons. So it may not be the best pairing, but overall MA works really well with plant IME.

Also fair to point out that Roots has very good damage for aoe immob, so it affecting that is a good thing.

Correct. Out of plant powers, only five have damage portions, and two are pet/summons. So it may not be the best pairing, but overall MA works really well with plant IME.

Also fair to point out that Roots has very good damage for aoe immob, so it affecting that is a good thing.

Purpose for my post is to find out what primary Martial will help the most. Plant doesn't even need a secondary to be OP.

Purpose for my post is to find out what primary Martial will help the most. Plant doesn't even need a secondary to be OP.

That makes sense. I had no clue what your purpose was, being unstated. You'll definitely want to skip those three, although I'd probably skip Elec too by the same token. Some of the better powers in it don't do damage, or negligible amounts.

Does anyone know if the toxic damage is a standard DoT for all powers or a % buff to damage? If it buffs the damage this chart comes into play.  It's an analysis of controller sets and single target damage.  The calculations for Dominators are old and didn't include pet damage.

ST:                 ST Dam    Pet Dam    Buffable Damage

Darkness Control 101.56 69.05%    31.43

Fire Control         100.72 39.01%    71.50

Gravity Control    86.93 24.94%    65.25

Plant Control           81.61 59.04%    33.43

Electric Control           66.35 56.33%    28.98

Ice Control           66.35 50.31%    32.97

Earth Control           59.29 49.72%    29.81

Mind Control           41.35 no pet      41.35

Source https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19VuZ9zJ_8eKN11JytgaK9mt9Fy-8pjANopb-FGh68Uw/edit#gid=185019737

Gravity and Fire would win doing twice as much non pet single target damage as other sets. Propel and Hot Feet probably the difference. This would apply to any secondaries that have a build up/ Aim. They benefit Gravity and Fire more than the other sets.

I was curious myself about the interactions of Envenomed Blade and having asked it in several places none could answer me. Bless the devs and Justin.

So, a quick and dirty test showed Envenomed Blade adding 1 point of toxic damage to an unenhanced skill. Bonfire, despite being a pseudopet, worked fine. Addin two damage IOs made the ticks go up to 2 points of damage.. It also worked on Caltrops.

I was curious myself about the interactions of Envenomed Blade and having asked it in several places none could answer me. Bless the devs and Justin.

So, a quick and dirty test showed Envenomed Blade adding 1 point of toxic damage to an unenhanced skill. Bonfire, despite being a pseudopet, worked fine. Addin two damage IOs made the ticks go up to 2 points of damage.. It also worked on Caltrops.

Thanks!