Keep it cool, it's just a simple question.

twozerofoxtrot

I've somehow convinced myself to roll an Ice Melee Scrapper. 

Scrapperminded people, where is my spot for CS proc?

Freezing Touch seems like the Proc Cannon. I dont want to sully it with recharge.

GIS seems like a good candidate but still worried the proc rate will be kind of low. 

Honestly thinking about slotting the whole set into Frost and letting the law of averages do the work for me, but this breaks down when I want to pump single hard targets. 

Give up and go with GIS?

For my Ice/Stone scrap, I dropped it in GIS. It has a medium proc rate and sets up for Freezing Touch to hit like a truck on top of another truck. Most things are dead before I start seeing any kind of diminishing return on the proc.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Ice is a great set.  Personally, I don't take either Ice Sword or GIS because I hate the look of it, but Frozen Fists works just fine.

I like to look at the probability of the proc going off, based on the number of mobs I think will be hit by the attack.  So I tend towards something like Frost since I expect that for most of the time that attack will be hitting three or more mobs and the odds of the proc NOT activating across those three or more is generally going to be pretty high.  Then again, you want to make sure that the proc will be active for the big hitters you want to follow up with.  If I put it in Frost, then there is 1.575 seconds of active time left out of the 3.25 seconds the proc effects are active.  That's enough time for the proc to be active on any other attack, but not enough for two (it's close, but Freezing Touch takes 1.18 seconds Arcanatime, and the shortest animation time before effect is Frozen fists at 0.500 seconds).  If I put it in Frozen Aura, and I am fighting three or more mobs, then the proc goes off almost all the time, and with 1.739 seconds left you can get off Freezing touch and then either Frozen fists or Ice Sword.

If it goes in GIS, then your active time left is 1.975 which is just enough for Freezing touch and then Frozen Aura (but not Frost).

In general, all I care about is the next attack, but there are some chains where you can get off two.

Who run Bartertown?

11 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Crosspunch is better than GIS. Downside is it can't take ATOs.

Looking at my mids build Crit Strikes went into Frost. So Frost opener into Freezing or Frozen Aura.

What Carnifax said, with the addition that frost will hit way more targets increasing the chances of it proccing and crosspunch is just great on any toon for the extra recharge it brings. Frost with CS proc-Frozen aura is just a dead mob.