Notoriety/Difficulty and teams

DragonAlpha

I've searched the forums, scoured ParagonWiki and still can't find an answer to this so I'm turning to the Hive Mind....

Can anyone tell me definitively how the Notoriety/Difficulty settings work when you're setting the mission for a team?  For example:

I have my Notoriety set to +1 level x3 team size.  If I solo a mission, I encounter spawns as if I was one level higher and in a team of three.  I get that.  But what happens if I form a team of 8 and leave the notoriety setting the same?  Does the game automatically ignore the "x3" team size setting and set the spawns for the larger team size?  Or do I need to manually adjust the notoriety setting to the higher value so we don't end up with undersized spawns (so to speak).

I've tried experimenting in game but it feels a bit indulgent to try and waste seven other peoples' time just to explore a theory...

Thanks (and sorry if this has been answered somewhere else and I just missed it).

Also always good to keep in mind that if people on your team are lower level than you (or the TF), they will be one level below you and so that +1 to you is +2 to them.

Usually not a problem, but if you form an ITF team and run at level 50 +4 and half the team is below level 50, don't expect much from them.  :P

Thanks all.

It's what I had assumed but I've encountered some weirdly small spawn sizes in missions recently when leading a full team and wondered if the diff setting might be to blame.  Probably just put it down to general weirdness (whoever he is).

... aw and here I thought maybe setting it on a x8 for a 8 person team would mean enough baddies for 8 teams of 8 :)

God I wish. Though there wouldn't be room for anyone and the game would chug.  ;D

Guess you could get a team of 8 Thugs MMs to simulate the experience.

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

Thanks all.

It's what I had assumed but I've encountered some weirdly small spawn sizes in missions recently when leading a full team and wondered if the diff setting might be to blame.  Probably just put it down to general weirdness (whoever he is).

Some mission maps like to spread out a single group of enemy's over a wide area or throughout a single room, this can make it seem like less enemies.

The newer maps in the game and some of the unique maps seem to do this more often, particularly the praetorian and some of the maps in DA.

Also groups of enemies assigned to a mission objective are smaller most of the time, so you may be getting that.

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker