Option to disable transparency on Stealth powers?

Random Robot

The addition of a No FX version of Cloak of Darkness from Dark Armor was a game changer in regards to the sorts of character concepts you could make work with the power set and I'd love to see that sort of option extended to other stealth powers. Transparency in City of Heroes can be a little janky with costumes that have a lot of details, so it would be nice if powers like Steamy Mist or Shadow Fall had an option to only have the cloud FX without turning characters transparent. Stalkers that didn't have to plan their costume around spending half the time transparent would also be a nice way of opening up more costume concepts. I'm not asking for transparency to be removed but powers like Cloak of Darkness and Super Speed show that stealth doesn't necessarily -have- to include transparency, and more options are always a good thing. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

This has been requested and suggested often. Generally the idea for a transparency slider or adjuster is well received by players. It looks like the HC team has been fiddling with stealth/invis for a while. 1st they removed the movement penalty from stealth and then they removed stealth stacking or allowed stealth stacking depending on who you ask but I digress. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope the next adjustment they make to the transparent powers will be aesthetic in nature. 

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope the next adjustment they make to the transparent powers will be aesthetic in nature. 

This would be great.

I've more than one concept that wants to be translucent that does not involve being stealthy. Maybe there is a good way to do this in the CC, but I've not found it. 🤣

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Going along with this theme and not to try and hijack the thread, it would be cool to see the granite armor player model encased in granite that you could leave at standard granite, the volcanic look, or crystal and then have a translucency ider on the crystal version to see your player's body trapped inside the armor.

Otherwise I have no problem with the original request to allow a no fx version of stealth that would allow you to be visible as it wouldn't have any functional advantage and would be merely cosmetic in nature.