Stun, Worth a Power Slot ??

smnolimits43

I forget what its magnitude is offhand, but it can stack nicely with the other energy melee attacks, and if combined with power boost or boost range, it gains additional utility.  How do you have the power slotted, and what level of enemies are you going up against?

Like other attacks, it greatly benefits from slotting.  It may not need much, certainly Accuracy... and if you begin to leverage it, Recharge and Stun duration.

Stuns are a bit of an odd duck: by themselves they don't speed up collecting XP (and/or Inf), yet if used appropriately against an enemy that would otherwise do something to keep you from defeating it (Fake Nemesis, Paragon Protectors, Carnies, Tsoo Sorcerers etc.) it can "speed up" collection of XP (and/or Inf). It is possible to adjust playstyles such that a player would never see the benefits of Stun (e.g. the spawn sizes are so large that they can "wait around" for certain enemies to "come back"), or the spawn sizes are so small that DPS defeats enemies before Stun would be needed.

I find Stuns to be oddly satisfying when stacking enough Magnitude on certain enemies, but I won't fault anyone for not using them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tidge said:

Stuns are a bit of an odd duck: by themselves they don't speed up collecting XP (and/or Inf), yet if used appropriately against an enemy that would otherwise do something to keep you from defeating it (Fake Nemesis, Paragon Protectors, Carnies, Tsoo Sorcerers etc.) it can "speed up" collection of XP (and/or Inf).

There is a joy to stunning Master Illusionists and finishing them off before they can go ghostie.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/1/2023 at 1:19 AM, smnolimits43 said:

So i picked up Stun from Energy Manipulation.  I wanted to see what it was like.  I feel like it whiffs alots, and when it does land, it feels mediocre.  So, should i keep it or pick up something else ??

Maybe you could proc bomb it? If not dump it.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

There will always be some value to mezzing troublesome mobs, but blasters can also be successful without them.

On 3/1/2023 at 4:51 PM, biostem said:

I forget what its magnitude is offhand, but it can stack nicely with the other energy melee attacks, and if combined with power boost or boost range, it gains additional utility.

the game talks up the possibility of making it a ranged aoe stun by comboing it with powerboost/boost range, but what it doesn't tell you is that doing so severely reduces the duration of the mag 3 portion of the stun.

Edited by Zect
  • Thumbs Up 1