Theorycrafting: Stun-heavy DP/Traps

BazookaTwo

So I have an idea, and I'm working up the character for it. But I want to get the community take on it before I go all in on incarnates and stuff. 

He's a DP/traps/dark corr. With Oppressive Gloom, Suppressive Fire and Stun grenades, I have access to stacking stuns. Dark Embrace can also take a disorient end mod proc. I also took stealth pool and Misdirection, which has a placate ability plus a -def res. And I took provoke because taunting a mob into your minefield is fun.

From a trapper perspective, a stunned mob is a playground for trip mines, poison trap, and caltrops. 

If I grab the right Incarnate powers, how hard can I stack stuns? I have a 3x stun bonus from Stupify*4 in three powers. 

Is this a viable approach? 

Where I realized it would play well was during zombie event and Katie Hannon. I'd drop device stuff while I waited for the next spawn to pop. 

I'll post the build after some advice here. 

Edited by BazookaTwo

My first thought with this is that Suppressive Fire is Single Target.  My strategy with Dark^3 is to get a mag 4 stun on a whole spawn and then Nuke. For ST I have to hit debuff toggle and can wing it.  Stuns last 10sec? and with enhancement almost 20.  Figure some mobs have res back down to 10.  10 is long enough for me to drop tar patch, soul drain, and blackstar.  barely.  A full strategy to mess with a spawn. stun is wearing off but now whatever is left has blackstars massive to hit debuff on. I jump back and hit the spawn with Fearsome stare to hit debuff and drop the debuff toggle on the hard target left.  

Yes you can stack stuns.  Mag 4+ tends to be magic.  Until it is not.  EBs can sometimes ignore certain mezzes and AVs and GMS?  heh. My stun strategy is centered around the army of trash mobs mostly. 

Without being meticulous eyeball your cast times and the stun duration and look at what you can do with the time it bought you.  In your dream scenarion what would be the best options.  Then test that on a +4 ITF.  Does it work?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've given this a whirl on Brainstorm, seems like fun, but I haven't really kicked the tires outside of Moth Cemetary in DA. 

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Shells Silverstun: Level 50 Natural Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Presence
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Pistols -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(17)
Level 1: Caltrops -- PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(3), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(7), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(7), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(9)
Level 2: Dual Wield -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(3), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 4: Infiltration -- Thrst-+Special(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(5), Ksm-ToHit+(5)
Level 6: Swap Ammo 
Level 8: Bullet Rain -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(9), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 10: Acid Mortar -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Apc-Dam%(11), Dvs-Hold%(13)
Level 12: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13)
Level 14: Misdirection -- TrmIns-Stun%(A), RechRdx-I(17), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(43), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(19), RedFrt-EndRdx(19), RedFrt-Def(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 18: Suppressive Fire -- GldNet-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(36), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(37), Stp-KB%(37), Stp-Stun/Rng(37), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(39)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(23), BslGaz-Slow%(29), Lck-%Hold(29), NrnSht-Dam%(31)
Level 22: Provoke -- PrfZng-Taunt(A)
Level 24: Seeker Drones -- Dcm-Build%(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(25), SphIns-%ToHit(27)
Level 26: Executioner's Shot -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Acc/Rchg(34), Apc-Dmg(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(36)
Level 28: Trip Mine -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(42), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(42), Erd-Dmg(42), Erd-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Hail of Bullets -- Arm-Dmg(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 32: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- Stp-Stun/Rng(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(47), Stp-Acc/Rchg(47), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(48)
Level 38: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(49), UnbGrd-Max HP%(49)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- EnrMnp-EndMod(A), EnrMnp-EndMod/Rchg(48), EnrMnp-Stun%(48)
Level 44: Piercing Rounds -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(33), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dam%(33)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Soul Transfer -- Stp-Stun/Rng(A), Stp-Acc/Rchg(50), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(50), Stp-KB%(50)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(27)
Level 50: Control Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Resilient Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Rebirth Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Clockwork Radial Superior Ally 
Level 6: Chemical Ammunition 
Level 6: Cryo Ammunition 
Level 6: Incendiary Ammunition 
------------

Edited by BazookaTwo
  • Like 1

I have played with friends (really high end players) who swear by Dual Pistols, especially over AR.  To the point everytime I mentioned AR they steered the convo to DP.  

I have only one level 1 DP.  Based on a charicture of Danny De Vito in Its Always Sunny.  “So I just started blastin”

So the powersets are relatively solid.  I will look at the build.  You went Oppressive Gloom to layer with Suppressive Fire.  Nice.  How far into content does that work efficiently.  I can stun into BAF and Lambda warworks but things get too hairy in even a speed Aeon.  Too many mobs for it to be more than swatting flies at a picnic. It does work for me in a +4 Kill Most ITF due to the tactical nature of the team just rolling into the next group and killing.  In Aeon they keep rolling into us.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't play heavy end-game, incarnate level stuff TOO often, but I hear you. A Speed Aeon sounds like a nightmare to me. But I hate speed runs in general. I had a Danny Devito "Always Sunny" Thugs MM called 'Gunther's Guns' but I never played it and ended up deleting it. 🤣

• Like 1

Similarly, I have a Street Justice/Energy Armor Stalker I'm playing and slotting Disrupt the same way as I've slotted Oppressive Gloom. It's fun because it's suppressed while hidden, so you get your first strike in, then everyone is stumbling around. My test server build does the same thing. It definitely buys you time while solo. 

• Like 1

This is an interesting build. 🙂 

My own DP/Traps is a bit of the opposite, and I leverage the Hold aspect in Suppressive Fire when soloing in coordination with Poison Trap. Yeah, I have to pick a target I wanna hold in the field. I don't always have to do this, but I enjoy the option. 

Anyway, I have a few suggestions you may want to think over. I dunno how it would work out for you, but they are just ideas: 

1) Bullet Rain with 5 pc Positron's Blast + Force Feedback Chance for Recharge. The only native recharge in the Posi set is Damage/Recharge, and you don't want it slotted in this power. You could still keep the same slotting in Hail of Bullets if you like and use that as another means to refresh the proc. Bullet Rain is pretty decent at triggering this too given its target cap and size. 
2) Other than using Pistols as a mule, it doesn't look like it does much for the build. Is that power choice and 1 slot worth the HP gain? What else could be done with that? The 5pc Superior Malice set in Dual Wield would get you a +5% ranged boost which could be nice since you're not really soft capped (Hail of Bullets is active and its effect isn't perma). [Side note: At a global recharge of 56% there would be a lot of gaps in time where Pistols is useful. However, if you can raise the global recharge a bit more I doubt you'd need the power at all; unless you like the debuff with standard ammo.]

That's really it without fundamentally changing a bunch of set choices to my own preference. The way I went with my build was to go for high recharge (180%) in order to double up on Acid Mortars and other goodies. Force Feedback in Bullet Rain is just icing on that cake which pushes my recharge even higher which gets kinda silly. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @oldskool, you saying it's interesting means I actually am getting somewhere with my pistol builds!

I will take that advice on Hail of Bullets. I use 2 FF +recharge in my Time/Pistols defender and they go off like popcorn - Bullet Rain being the other.

I can't say pistols is especially important. I could drop Pistols and Provoke, honestly, as I just use it for pulling.  Misdirection but also stacks a disorient proc, and I'm not sure how often that reliably fires.

That would give me room for Hasten, but I'm hard pressed to drop Stealth pool in this build. That leaves me eyeballing either losing an attack or Maneuvers. Maybe Piercing rounds can go.

Good stuff, I'll revise my build and repost tomorrow. 

Edited by BazookaTwo

Drop pistols and misdirection and invest in intimidate and invoke panic which can both take a disorient proc. The latter is a very good and very underrated alpha breaker in and of itself to boot. Invoke panic also has a base 60 second recharge vs 240 with misdirection which means you can actually use that every fight. Both powers have long enough base recharge that you should fire off the disorient proc reliably every cast. Provoke can also take a disorient proc but it'll have low chance of firing, but it's something.

If I were to approach this I'd pick a primary where a blast that has a guaranteed mag 3 stun is baked into a damage dealing power such as those found in Rad blast, sonic blast, beam rifle and to some extent, seismic blast. At least that way you are also dealing damage AND stunning foes with a bread and butter attack. Having said that, you could also stand to dump 2 more damage procs into suppressive fire and leave the last 2 slots with acc/stun to make the duration longer. Losing 3% global stun duration isn't going to be game changing.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

@Nemu

I'm not interested in a different primary on this build, though I get where you're coming from about it. I also know Suppressive Fire is one of the most proc friendly ST damage dealers in the set, so I get that, but this is a build that's prioritizing stun.  I'm stacking stun bonus at 9% in my build now, you're saying cutting that in half is going to not be noticable? I feel like 6% vs 9% changes the reliability of suppressive fire stunning lts and bosses. I know Oppressive Gloom is pretty solid by itself. I'm also wanting those disorient procs to benefit from that 6%. I will check out the difference on Brainstorm, and see.

Your advice on the provoke pool is great. I'll check that out for sure. Misdirection also does a -Res Def debuff, which I've found useful during AV fights as well as just softening up mobs before an AOE cycle. I think it's only 10 seconds, but it's definitely functional. 

Edited by BazookaTwo

Will post a build but so far...

• Dropped pistols and piercing rounds
  • Dropped Seeker Drones
  • Dropped Misdirection and Maneuvers
  • Picked up Intimidate, Invoke Panic, Hasten, and Empty Clips.
  • Shuffled power orders around. 
  • Put Force Feedback +rech in Empty, Rain, and kept it in Hail
  • Filled out Empty Clips with 3* Touch of Frost, and an Explosive Strike proc. 
  • 2 slotted Intimidate for the fear bonus and disorient proc
  • 3 slotted Invoke Panic for the fear bonus, and disorient proc, plus some Fear/Range. 

Gonna respec on Brainstorm and try it out. I may hate swapping Empty Clips for Piercing Rounds, and put that back. 

Edited by BazookaTwo

Those changes just made my build worse. 

• Mids says my positionals are capped, but it's just not so in game. Not sure why. 
  • Invoke Panic still allows for the mob to fire an attack before kicking in. Probably cause it's a lower level mag? Anyway it sucks out loud. 
  • Oppressive Gloom + Invoke Panic gives me a few seconds to do something before the mob snaps out of it. But not really enough. I can toss 2/3 of Poison trap/Caltrops/Acid Mortar before I get hammered again. 
  • Dark consumption needs WAY more recharge, or I need to do more end related stuff. It's bad enough that even with hasten it recharges in about half the time I need it. 

That said, I'm adding Maneuvers and Misdirection back in, and losing the Provoke Pool entirely. I will likely slot Maneuvers, Combat Jumping, Stealth and Dark EMbrace for more Defense. My attack chain was seamless before I made changes and that's without Hasten, so hmm. I'm not sure I need it really? I can't get a read on my recharge once I've slotted Force Feedback in mids, so I've no way to tell what my recharge really is. 

Overall, I guess you have to play this build to grok it, because the original build felt much stronger testing in Moth Cemetery than this version did. 

Edited by BazookaTwo

7 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:
  • Mids says my positionals are capped, but it's just not so in game. Not sure why. 

Is Hail of Bullets turned off in MIDs? Even your original build didn't actually have capped ranged defense. It would show 45% if you load it up, but if you turn off Hail of Bullets it goes down to 35%. 

Besides Hail of Bullets being left on, your defenses might be lower still in game because when you are attacked infiltration loses all of its defense bonus. In mids go to options - configuration - effects and maths and check the "attacked" box to the right.

image.png.45dae4a16949494bcbbfe75f5d978c5e.png

11 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

I'm stacking stun bonus at 9% in my build now, you're saying cutting that in half is going to not be noticable?

Half sounds like a lot but let's put it against actual numbers:

Base stun duration of Supp. Fire is a bit over 9 seconds, let's just call it 10. So 1% increased duration = .1 second which means you are losing .3 seconds. Meanwhile a standard level 50 crafted stun IO gives 42.4% increase stun duration. Now if you look at Oppressive gloom, base stun duration is just a little over 7 seconds. So the value you get out of those stun duration bonuses is even less.

Also the stun bonuses do not work on procs.

As someone that has built gimmick builds that focus on stun

I can tell you the key is not stun duration but density and frequency of powers that stun/proc stun and how quickly you can cycle them. And even then from EXPERIENCE I can also tell you that you should temper your expectations about how reliably and how complete your coverage is on stunning stuff around you. The last thing I will tell you is that you should not rely on this gimmick as your only means for survival. At best it's to supplement your survival and at worst it's just for giggles. You should make sure that your build has survival covered by other means as well.

Dropping seeker is unexpected as the power STUNS and your concept greatly benefits from multiple AoE powers that can stun or proc stun. Supp. Fire being single target can only do so much. I can tell you something else from experience. When you are invested in such a concept where stun is the primary goal you will be cycling all your powers that can stun/proc stun with little room to fit in actual attacks, which is why it's more conducive to have an attack that also stuns so you can include that in your chain to do some actual damage.

I'm going to say something that you don't want to hear but this is more for the general public reading this and trying to get ideas on this topic, but I'll come back to your build in a moment.

If I were to build for stun then I'd look for synergies, that means multiple AoE powers that can stun/proc stun in my toolkit, preferably ones that also deal damage. Bonus points for single target stuns that I can squeeze in the build as well, preferably ones that also do damage. As I scour through the combinations a few things stand out: Rad Blast, Dual Pistols, Beam Rifle, Force Field, and Storm Summoning. I'd probably do DP/Force Field. DP has more force feedback opportunities and Force field has a quick recharge AoE Stun/Knockdown in force bomb AND offers survival comparable to traps. Storm is just OP and can quickly warp into focusing on tornado/lightning storm instead of building towards stun.

Back to your build: Here's my vision of how to maximize the gimmick. The goal is to stuff it with as many aoe powers that stun/proc stun as I can and make sure I have good recharge to cycle them consistently and have decent defenses. I made this a budget build with no purples or winter IOs, and I shot for 1 luck short of softcap on most positions. I can also tell you right now this is not a build for the unseasoned. Oppressive gloom demands that you stand in the danger zone and you are still a squishy. Looking at the enhanced recharge on seeker and invoke panic they are still not enough to form a seamless stun chain that you can sustain forever and ever. If you are not quick with insp usage and know how to use the tools in your kit, you will have a harder time finding success.

Maximizing Stun with DP Traps: Level 49 Technology Corruptor
Power Pool: Speed

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Pistols

• (A) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (3) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (3) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 1: Caltrops

• (A) Ice Mistral's Torment - Endurance/Slow
  • (13) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Slow
  • (15) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (19) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (21) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 2: Web Grenade

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Combat Jumping

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (5) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 6: Super Speed

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (7) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • (7) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 8: Bullet Rain

• (A) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (9) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (9) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Slow
  • (11) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (11) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 10: Acid Mortar

• (A) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 12: Suppressive Fire

• (A) Rope A Dope - Accuracy/Stun
  • (21) Stupefy - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge
  • (25) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (27) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (27) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (29) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 14: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (37) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 16: Force Field Generator

• (17) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (17) Shield Wall - Defense
  • (19) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 18: Executioner's Shot

• (40) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Scourging Blast - RechargeTime/PBAoE +End

Level 20: Poison Trap

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold
  • (37) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 22: Maneuvers

• (23) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (23) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (25) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 24: Seeker Drones

• (A) Stupefy - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (29) Stupefy - Endurance/Stun
  • (31) Stupefy - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (31) Stupefy - Stun/Range
  • (31) Stupefy - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge

Level 26: Hail of Bullets

• (34) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (36) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 28: Provoke

• (A) Empty

Level 30: Intimidate

• (A) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (40) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (40) Glimpse of the Abyss - Fear/Range
  • (47) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Fear/Recharge
  • (47) Glimpse of the Abyss - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (48) Unspeakable Terror - Disorient Bonus

Level 32: Invoke Panic

• (33) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (33) Glimpse of the Abyss - Endurance/Fear
  • (33) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Fear/Recharge
  • (34) Glimpse of the Abyss - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (34) Unspeakable Terror - Disorient Bonus

Level 35: Oppressive Gloom

• (45) Stupefy - Endurance/Stun
  • (45) Stupefy - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (46) Stupefy - Stun/Range
  • (46) Stupefy - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge

Level 38: Dark Embrace

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (39) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (46) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (49) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (49) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (49) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 41: Piercing Rounds

• (A) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Recharge/Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 44: Tactics

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 47: Triage Beacon

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 49: Soul Transfer

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1651;729;1458;HEX;|
|78DA75945B4F135110C7677BB622A5B554EE02D272BF948A7E0223C544A54923BC3|
|71BBAC0C6D2DDECB6117C10D1F85D7CF0FA197CD5C4078C46F0F6010013351105D6|
|E9CE193924F624DBFCCE9C993973FE737A72ABD9E8EB57B397418B4F970CCF2B4CD|
|BAE5B752AB61B99371796CB76C95E5A1300D09B3356AD15EB8E555E4ACE55AAE5E4|
|6DABB29CCCE693F3AEE1780D358F7FA1859B4679C92C66B255A354C85B5EC52E79A|
|DC7AB57AA8B8B99200CA279DB2E65664DC3C1BC916032E7986631CEF6A2E97ACB96|
|9308E639A36C39D59251B1EC7262C6B1163259C3BD55C8195EC574D73AB18601FC8|
|69AF147031E7E084D3AC0451D4230CC3042F05B3BE91B06680C072B5188109C8126|
|8628C1598811B4C219827D4DCD023E4E7C1CD08EBA0825BD26A04D0B227438AC49A|
|6C300BA84D56AC3F02114B89C822D866D82313C59C3F1467EB8011ED2CA69F82A24|
|C86A235C6D84AB8D72B50798A151ADAA11DE509A0B204450D538EED4A4EAD204773|
|579E607049D30435B9E83154D82A105D13D90A6A57E3C5C4CDD29061310AC0C321C|
|E2725C71117196A819AE0A09D78514FE06C1049697D08E85100916620406A9B3633|
|0CA30467084FE2D4A93440B6C86827A07E12DC130BC63784F90C013B4A9E5B57179|
|EDB02B24EC09A9C877021F3D3A9420BD03D629A807EE119C870D86FB0C52D8493C5|
|C97DAE52E3E5C0A0E0806E090E188C10F496141B6052BEF56EF6437DDC96EB4F72A|
|DA857B614B93DA7D64F8449081CF0C5F34794336658F314D9F7A43FA384D92D3246|
|19B41A649719A14A759C762FB55A9FA59AA344B9566A92659AA49966A03A387D422|
|8602DD83065E12D2F707C114FC64F8C5B04F9046C547D534A3F058C8CBF384601C9|
|E323C63782EA3E105410B4A32A1A4C12B9EA24BFE07AD19A5A538D9A19847318029|
|35668AFF183D3AA8C3AF7DB5FE5DD38327ABC8767FB68E635EFFFFA3B41339F9E6B|
|1FF5E1DFB6E1DFBB73A76FFE478398E0F9C5286FF175102FC03|

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

2 hours ago, Nemu said:

Besides Hail of Bullets being left on, your defenses might be lower still in game because when you are attacked infiltration loses all of its defense bonus. In mids go to options - configuration - effects and maths and check the "attacked" box to the right.

image.png.45dae4a16949494bcbbfe75f5d978c5e.png

Half sounds like a lot but let's put it against actual numbers:

Base stun duration of Supp. Fire is a bit over 9 seconds, let's just call it 10. So 1% increased duration = .1 second which means you are losing .3 seconds. Meanwhile a standard level 50 crafted stun IO gives 42.4% increase stun duration. Now if you look at Oppressive gloom, base stun duration is just a little over 7 seconds. So the value you get out of those stun duration bonuses is even less.

Also the stun bonuses do not work on procs.

As someone that has built gimmick builds that focus on stun

I can tell you the key is not stun duration but density and frequency of powers that stun/proc stun and how quickly you can cycle them. And even then from EXPERIENCE I can also tell you that you should temper your expectations about how reliably and how complete your coverage is on stunning stuff around you. The last thing I will tell you is that you should not rely on this gimmick as your only means for survival. At best it's to supplement your survival and at worst it's just for giggles. You should make sure that your build has survival covered by other means as well.

Dropping seeker is unexpected as the power STUNS and your concept greatly benefits from multiple AoE powers that can stun or proc stun. Supp. Fire being single target can only do so much. I can tell you something else from experience. When you are invested in such a concept where stun is the primary goal you will be cycling all your powers that can stun/proc stun with little room to fit in actual attacks, which is why it's more conducive to have an attack that also stuns so you can include that in your chain to do some actual damage.

I'm going to say something that you don't want to hear but this is more for the general public reading this and trying to get ideas on this topic, but I'll come back to your build in a moment.

If I were to build for stun then I'd look for synergies, that means multiple AoE powers that can stun/proc stun in my toolkit, preferably ones that also deal damage. Bonus points for single target stuns that I can squeeze in the build as well, preferably ones that also do damage. As I scour through the combinations a few things stand out: Rad Blast, Dual Pistols, Beam Rifle, Force Field, and Storm Summoning. I'd probably do DP/Force Field. DP has more force feedback opportunities and Force field has a quick recharge AoE Stun/Knockdown in force bomb AND offers survival comparable to traps. Storm is just OP and can quickly warp into focusing on tornado/lightning storm instead of building towards stun.

Back to your build: Here's my vision of how to maximize the gimmick. The goal is to stuff it with as many aoe powers that stun/proc stun as I can and make sure I have good recharge to cycle them consistently and have decent defenses. I made this a budget build with no purples or winter IOs, and I shot for 1 luck short of softcap on most positions. I can also tell you right now this is not a build for the unseasoned. Oppressive gloom demands that you stand in the danger zone and you are still a squishy. Looking at the enhanced recharge on seeker and invoke panic they are still not enough to form a seamless stun chain that you can sustain forever and ever. If you are not quick with insp usage and know how to use the tools in your kit, you will have a harder time finding success.

Maximizing Stun with DP Traps: Level 49 Technology Corruptor
Power Pool: Speed

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Pistols

• (A) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (3) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (3) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 1: Caltrops

• (A) Ice Mistral's Torment - Endurance/Slow
  • (13) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Slow
  • (15) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (19) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (21) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 2: Web Grenade

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Combat Jumping

• (5) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 6: Super Speed

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (7) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • (7) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 8: Bullet Rain

• (9) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (9) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Slow
  • (11) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (11) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 10: Acid Mortar

• (A) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 12: Suppressive Fire

• (A) Rope A Dope - Accuracy/Stun
  • (21) Stupefy - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge
  • (25) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (27) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (27) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (29) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 14: Hasten

• (37) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 16: Force Field Generator

• (17) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (17) Shield Wall - Defense
  • (19) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 18: Executioner's Shot

• (40) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Scourging Blast - RechargeTime/PBAoE +End

Level 20: Poison Trap

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold
  • (37) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 22: Maneuvers

• (23) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (23) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (25) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 24: Seeker Drones

• (29) Stupefy - Endurance/Stun
  • (31) Stupefy - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (31) Stupefy - Stun/Range
  • (31) Stupefy - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge

Level 26: Hail of Bullets

• (34) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (36) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 28: Provoke

• (A) Empty

Level 30: Intimidate

• (40) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (40) Glimpse of the Abyss - Fear/Range
  • (47) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Fear/Recharge
  • (47) Glimpse of the Abyss - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (48) Unspeakable Terror - Disorient Bonus

Level 32: Invoke Panic

• (33) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (33) Glimpse of the Abyss - Endurance/Fear
  • (33) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Fear/Recharge
  • (34) Glimpse of the Abyss - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (34) Unspeakable Terror - Disorient Bonus

Level 35: Oppressive Gloom

• (45) Stupefy - Endurance/Stun
  • (45) Stupefy - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (46) Stupefy - Stun/Range
  • (46) Stupefy - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge

Level 38: Dark Embrace

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (39) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (46) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (49) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (49) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (49) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 41: Piercing Rounds

• (A) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Recharge/Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 44: Tactics

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 47: Triage Beacon

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 49: Soul Transfer

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1651;729;1458;HEX;|
|78DA75945B4F135110C7677BB622A5B554EE02D272BF948A7E0223C544A54923BC3|
|71BBAC0C6D2DDECB6117C10D1F85D7CF0FA197CD5C4078C46F0F6010013351105D6|
|E9CE193924F624DBFCCE9C993973FE737A72ABD9E8EB57B397418B4F970CCF2B4CD|
|BAE5B752AB61B99371796CB76C95E5A1300D09B3356AD15EB8E555E4ACE55AAE5E4|
|6DABB29CCCE693F3AEE1780D358F7FA1859B4679C92C66B255A354C85B5EC52E79A|
|DC7AB57AA8B8B99200CA279DB2E65664DC3C1BC916032E7986631CEF6A2E97ACB96|
|9308E639A36C39D59251B1EC7262C6B1163259C3BD55C8195EC574D73AB18601FC8|
|69AF147031E7E084D3AC0451D4230CC3042F05B3BE91B06680C072B5188109C8126|
|8628C1598811B4C219827D4DCD023E4E7C1CD08EBA0825BD26A04D0B227438AC49A|
|6C300BA84D56AC3F02114B89C822D866D82313C59C3F1467EB8011ED2CA69F82A24|
|C86A235C6D84AB8D72B50798A151ADAA11DE509A0B204450D538EED4A4EAD204773|
|579E607049D30435B9E83154D82A105D13D90A6A57E3C5C4CDD29061310AC0C321C|
|E2725C71117196A819AE0A09D78514FE06C1049697D08E85100916620406A9B3633|
|0CA30467084FE2D4A93440B6C86827A07E12DC130BC63784F90C013B4A9E5B57179|
|EDB02B24EC09A9C877021F3D3A9420BD03D629A807EE119C870D86FB0C52D8493C5|
|C97DAE52E3E5C0A0E0806E090E188C10F496141B6052BEF56EF6437DDC96EB4F72A|
|DA857B614B93DA7D64F8449081CF0C5F34794336658F314D9F7A43FA384D92D3246|
|19B41A649719A14A759C762FB55A9FA59AA344B9566A92659AA49966A03A387D422|
|8602DD83065E12D2F707C114FC64F8C5B04F9046C547D534A3F058C8CBF384601C9|
|E323C63782EA3E105410B4A32A1A4C12B9EA24BFE07AD19A5A538D9A19847318029|
|35668AFF183D3AA8C3AF7DB5FE5DD38327ABC8767FB68E635EFFFFA3B41339F9E6B|
|1FF5E1DFB6E1DFBB73A76FFE478398E0F9C5286FF175102FC03|

If you skip swap ammo on dual pistols you lose the option to turn off knockback in your attacks by toggling on an ammo type. I can see that not being much of a problem with bullet rain and the OF but if you start running st attack chain you'll be kb'ing stuff out of OG.

• Like 1

I got you fam! Thought about that when I made the conscious decision not to pick up swap ammo.

Pistols only does -def, no kb

Executioner's shot is only single target and have a 70% chance to kb.

HOB knocks down. I thought about that one while building and checked the mag - only 0.4.

Piercing does -res, which is a benefit to a build not using special ammo. 

So really only executioner's shot which I find acceptable.

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

Yup 🙂 It is only executioners shot, 70% is still high. And you said yourself you will be squishy standing mid-mob, it only takes 1 kb'd target to wup you from distance. I was curious why you skipped it in favour of the rez but i'm guessing its for that 1 time when you do kb the target that kills you 😁 And then there's the minor loss of damage. I can see the point of a theorised build like this the same way i'd be viewing the hideless stalker builds.

Just me arguing a point for the sake of arguing.....just got kicked from a tf for saying using insps+amplifiers is cheating/means theres a problem with a build, i sometimes think i should just keep my mouth shut.

Edited by Meknomancer

I only took soul transfer because it also carries a stun. I'd use exec shot as the name implies, as a finisher. I'm also setting realistic expectations on the build, it's not going to solo +4/8 where mobs have more HP and exec shot can't get it done. This build is probably more comfortable at even con to maybe +2.

Also there's nothing stopping you from doing the ol' "hop and fire at the peak of your jump" to turn KB into ghetto KD. I do that with power thrust all the time on my blaster. It's a "pro" move😀

Edited by Nemu
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

31 minutes ago, Meknomancer said:

saying using insps+amplifiers is cheating/means theres a problem with a build.

As much as I've complained on this thread, this right here. I used to see a particular player on a particular server always have all the buffs, all the time. I challenged them to drop the buffs and they refused. I also challenged them to do the same and hit the arena and of course they refused. It annoyed me because everyone called this person a 'great player' when it was obvious they were just always buffed to the gills. 😂

This theorycrafting isn't gonna turn into a main, but right now I'm in a "stuns are fun" phase. Maybe if I can make it enjoyable, I'll then look at a sturdier build 2. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

As much as I've complained on this thread, this right here. I used to see a particular player on a particular server always have all the buffs, all the time. I challenged them to drop the buffs and they refused. I also challenged them to do the same and hit the arena and of course they refused. It annoyed me because everyone called this person a 'great player' when it was obvious they were just always buffed to the gills. 😂

This theorycrafting isn't gonna turn into a main, but right now I'm in a "stuns are fun" phase. Maybe if I can make it enjoyable, I'll then look at a sturdier build 2. 

I know insps/amplifiers/incarnate abilities are part of the game now and we should take advantage of everything we can to help, its just gotten to the point where if you run them all permanently theres next to no point in making what you'd consider a halfway decent build as the game gets stupidly easy. If you see the blaster solo everything on a high rep from positron upwards with no need for help from anyone else in the team is it really a team mmo or just a solo experience with the other 7 players just stumbling along after them watching. There isn't another game like this where you don't need tank/dps/support to make teams work but every new buff thats been introduced seems to take away from the teaming experience. I got kicked and told 'they are an inherent part of the game and your an idiot for thinking otherwise if you don't use them' . Sometimes its nice to just have a chat with other players on the teams your on or a discussion about the game, but you often come across players that have a fixed opinion and its 'play their way or the highway'. Arguments can be good for seeing different viewpoints and i like looking at the forums for the alternative builds+playstyles but its still sad to see the community degenerating occasionally to the 'kick the player' because they have a different opinion. 

I have a feeling i know which player your referring too as well- the player that kicked me lol.

Edited by Meknomancer
add comment
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nemu said:

I only took soul transfer because it also carries a stun. I'd use exec shot as the name implies, as a finisher. I'm also setting realistic expectations on the build, it's not going to solo +4/8 where mobs have more HP and exec shot can't get it done. This build is probably more comfortable at even con to maybe +2.

Also there's nothing stopping you from doing the ol' "hop and fire at the peak of your jump" to turn KB into ghetto KD. I do that with power thrust all the time on my blaster. It's a "pro" move😀

What's more pro move than that? Hover blasting with your jump pack!