Freakshow not Fighting PPD in " Get the PPD files in Independence Port!" mission in Leonard Arc

rolandgrey

So, the mission is " Get the PPD files in Independence Port!" in the "Good Villains Never Die" arc, from the contact Leonard.  It's the follow-up arc to the "Me, Myself and My Other Selves" arc from Dean MacArthur.

A friend of mine and I have done this arc repeatedly and it's not a fluke, the Freakshow that are supposed to fight the PPD simply DON'T.  It makes the mission more challenging, sure, but it also breaks the immersion, as the Freakshow are supposed to have made a deal with your character to help bust out one of their leaders in exchange for helping soften up the PPD in the area. 

Here's an image of the Freakshow not properly freaking as proof...  So, if we could get these guys properly fighting each other again as soon as possible, that'd be great.1666313926_FreakshownotFreaking.thumb.jpg.40ffb6de90bfcd4c254e65a92998adf1.jpg

Edited by rolandgrey

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

• Developer

I'm looking into it.

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

• Developer

I've isolated the problem and as usual, it's a dumb one.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

• 2 weeks later
7 minutes ago, carroto said:

This is the kind of stuff it would be fun to have details on.

Yeah...

there are, apparently, things like that throughout the game. I seem to recall a discussion where there's a line of something with a note "Don't disable this, or it'll break things, we don't know why" or something similar.

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• Developer
On 3/22/2023 at 5:46 PM, carroto said:

This is the kind of stuff it would be fun to have details on.

The map is set up to have PPD and Freaks spawn in CLOSE proximity to each other, forcing them to fight on sight. 

Freakshow will almost always win that fight.

I can only theorize: Someone back in days of yore may have decided that was rather bland, and instead made it blander by neutering the Freakshow to give the PPD something to do. And the players as well, by extension.

While I've reinstated the nature of their conflicts, I will be revisiting this scenario with other tech some time in the future.

Thus, the wish has been granted, and there may be a diminished presence of PPD in that mission for the interim, by circumstance 😄 Be careful what you wish for!

hc_sig copy.jpg

3 hours ago, The Caretaker said:

Someone back in days of yore

I don't know what history you have access to, but presumably at least HC has some kind of source control, so you'd know if that was changed going back a few years.  Are you saying that it's been that way all along on HC?  Because that's not how I remember it.

I played that mission a bunch and usually helped the Freaks fight the PPD.  I wish I could remember when they stopped fighting but I'm really bad at placing things like that temporally.  Anyway, I'd swear that it's been working on HC for most of my time here and it's relatively recent that they stopped fighting.  After seeing this post I was kind of scratching my head and wondering why I didn't report it when I first noticed it instead of just shrugging my shoulders and carrying on.