Completely Ridiculous

Ok so before i make this request please be aware that i realize that it is Completely Ridiculous. I have no idea how hard or easy it would be to implement and the payoff would be aesthetic at best.

Can each phantom in phantom army appear as a different costume selected randomly from my costume slots?

This would be visually awesome maybe?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

I wouldn't call it completely ridiculous. Maybe not feasible with game engine, but only a dev would know that for sure. Would definitely be interesting though. Have Mirror (Standard) and Mirror (Random) options? Sure, sounds fun.

4 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

This would be visually awesome maybe?

Yes it would be awesome.

5 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Can each phantom in phantom army appear as a different costume selected randomly from my costume slots?

"Can" is a tough word, here - yes, given enough developer time and resources.  I know one of the other servers has the ability to select MM pet appearance using your costume slots.  That being said, the implementation is clunky and hasn't been implemented here, except for the "mirror image" version of PA, which uses your currently equipped costume...

On 3/15/2023 at 7:02 PM, Rudra said:

I wouldn't call it completely ridiculous. Maybe not feasible with game engine, but only a dev would know that for sure. Would definitely be interesting though. Have Mirror (Standard) and Mirror (Random) options? Sure, sounds fun.

We have the source code, so nothing is infeasible. It just depends whether it's worth the time and talent to implement.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Just because we have the source code doesn't mean the game engine itself can handle a requested change.

But you could always rewrite the game engine.... or apply a pinch of black magic to make it work despite the limitations. Like I said, just a matter of time and talent.

23 minutes ago, Solvernia said:

But you could always rewrite the game engine.... or apply a pinch of black magic to make it work despite the limitations. Like I said, just a matter of time and talent.

What? No, you can't. If the underlying game engine cannot support something, you need to use a better game engine. Which requires the entire game to be recoded to work with the new engine.

(Edit: That is why you see older games still using outdated graphics and old mechanics. They would need to be completely rewritten to make use of a new game engine to bring them up to date. That is also why some games are delayed in their development. They started with an older game engine, then swapped over to a newer game engine and had to recode all their previous work to utilize the newer engine.)

Edit again: Think of games as an app designed to work on a specific system, like an iphone. Then you try to utilize a different system on which to code the app, like trying to change over to an android. The coding architecture is different, so the app has to be rewritten to make use of how the supporting architecture works.

Edited by Rudra