Idea for new Nul the Gull feature: track progress of the Dreamwalker badge

Voltor

Was running a Nightmare farm and someone on it had 14 badge ticks but hadn't tracked the ones they had faced.   I usually jot mine down in my character bio until the badge is done but that's jsut me.   Then I remembered that since Nul can help us track progress on Dimensional Warrior badge and reveal the missing Praetorians needed for it.   couldn't it be modified to do the same for Dreamwalker badge from the Minds of Mayhem trial?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 alts with all the badges!

Okay, sure. One question though. The Dimensional Warrior badge has its target spread across multiple arcs and all the nightmares are in the same trial. Does it really matter if you know which nightmares you already have? After all, as long as you keep doing the trial, you will eventually get all the nightmares and the badge being awarded posts a large message in the middle of the screen to say you have them all.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care if this is added to Null the Gull. I just don't understand what it would achieve since all the targets needed for the badge are in the same mission, just randomly picked from the pool.

9 hours ago, Rudra said:

Does it really matter if you know which nightmares you already have? After all, as long as you keep doing the trial, you will eventually get all the nightmares and the badge being awarded posts a large message in the middle of the screen to say you have them all.

It can help, particularly with Nightmare farming (which shouldn't have to be the most efficient way to get the badge, but is...alternate suggestion: make earning Dreamwalker not stupid), because if the third GM is one your group already has, you can quit without having to fight it, and save on time.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'd be nice if there was an optional setting to have the Boss forms of the monsters that spawn in the final portion of the trial show up as GMs that count towards the badge.  It'd be much more difficult at the end since there's 3 at a time (I think), but if your league is stout it shouldn't be a problem, plus more chances to get the biggies you need.  Bonus points for +merits for each one defeated.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

On 3/21/2023 at 12:42 AM, Rudra said:

Don't get me wrong. I don't care if this is added to Null the Gull. I just don't understand what it would achieve

Since the nightmares are chosen randomly, there's nothing you can do to focus your character to go after the ones they're missing, so having a tracker doesn't give you anything to use, except perhaps for a reminder of the ones you've defeated, so you can tell if the ones you get during a run are ones you're missing.

My understanding is that this information is accessible to a GM.  But knowing what nightmare you are missing doesnt help much.  My guess is that most people at 15/16 are missing Kronos.  At least in my experience thats the one people are always needing.  We ran a farm and a bunch of people were at 14/16 and 15/16.  I brought a 0/16 and we farmed it for over 3 hours.  I completed 16 with that kronos after 3 hours but it was the one everyone else needed too.  I find it unlikely that so many people at 14 and 15 were all missing kronos if they have equal chance of spawning.