Improved Perception

In ye olden times when stealth stacked in pvp one needed to stack perception to counter said stacked stealths.

Now, stealths no longer stack, at least not in the traditional way. This makes large amounts of perception fairly obsolete.

I hereby propose an improvement to perception. Let perception mark glowies/hostages on the map when u are close enough to them. The more perception you have the further away you can be from said objective to make it appear on the map.

This neatly plugs the "enhanced senses / radar / appare vestgium" ability that is missing from the game.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

4 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

I hereby propose an improvement to perception. Let perception mark glowies/hostages on the map when u are close enough to them. The more perception you have the further away you can be from said objective to make it appear on the map.

I'm not against your suggestion, but you'd have to fundamentally change how mission objectives work, first, then you can start to take things like perception into account...

29 minutes ago, biostem said:

I'm not against your suggestion, but you'd have to fundamentally change how mission objectives work, first, then you can start to take things like perception into account...

mission objectives already appear on the map when there is 1 left so that part is already coded.

no idea how to tie it to perception tho. could be easy, could be hard but what does it hurt to ask?

• Thumbs Up 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

8 hours ago, biostem said:

Okay, sometimes you can fly up into a wall or the ceiling and the map disappears and you only see the Mobs and the mission objectives. It'd be interesting if there as a way to do that intentionally.

Curious on what sort change to perception values are you suggesting?  Perception buffs tend to be overkill particularly on top of player base perception.  For example a small yellow plus base perception is 625ft (500+125).  Focused Senses or similar powers would add another 300ft.  That's part of the reason perception debuffs tend to be quite large in value.  They have to be if the Widow expects to inflict the Blinded Condition on player characters.