Are there Hollows Missions?

d4verman

3 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Are you thinking about Karsis and the Cavern of Transcendence trial?

No; it's a mission that takes you down into the Tunnels to the chamber roughly in the north center, where there's a door that takes you to Atta's 'throne room', where you have to defeat him.

22 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

No; it's a mission that takes you down into the Tunnels to the chamber roughly in the north center, where there's a door that takes you to Atta's 'throne room', where you have to defeat him.

Like Psyonico I have run the mission to defeat Atta several times on HC.  So far none have ever sent me into the actual Tunnels of the Trolls just to a door in the Hollows themselves.  The mission map itself is always the same layout.  Will have to investigate this further as the Hollows is among my favorite zones and a significant number of my heroes run at least through Frostfire.

7 hours ago, srmalloy said:

You get sent down into the Tunnels to defeat Atta by Talshak the Mystic as part of his arc

really? I guess I haven't done that one often enough.

most people outlevel Flux by the end of his arc (the Frostfire mission) and don't get referred to Talshak.

Yeah. Too much of that going on. A lot of people are using x2 XP through out leveling (regardless of what route they are taking). Even without the x2 XP if you bump up the difficult of missions - that is often enough to out level contacts before their arcs can be completed (even if they allow you to continue their arc).

That's why when I try to do missions in a zone, I have started going to the wiki, check out the contact list, and XP lock as necessary to avoid outleveling the content.

Other than that, the Tunnels are the best place to hunt Troll bosses for the badge,

I wasn't looking for badges for troll bosses.

I was commenting on where I thought all of the Minions of Igneous were located.

I agree that under Grendel's Gulch is different than in Grendel's Gulch.

7 hours ago, Psyonico said:

I run the hollows a lot, I've never been sent to the tunnels for Atta... It's always just a door mission inside the hollows itself.

aha! The plot thickens .... and I have  yet to do my exploratory foray in to find the underground lair of the Minions of Igneous

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

@Psyonico@srmalloy@Xiddo @d4verman

Ah!

416px-Splash_Tunnels.jpg

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Tunnels_of_the_Trolls

258px-Map_TunnelsoftheTrolls.jpg

"Overview

Tunnels of the Trolls is a Hazard zone in City of Heroes. Prior to Issue 16, a hero needed to be at least Security Level 12 to enter.

Transfer Points

The entrance to the Cavern of Transcendence is at the center of the zone.

There are seven exits to the The Hollows."

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Only some Council missions feature the Center, so technically all other missions have no centre and are thus hollows.

/em getcoat

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47y8amvv492vwafewvpk

• Haha 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.