Silent Quills

I didn't see where anyone had already made this, so posting now. The pulsing sound from the Spines-Quills toggle is constant and annoyed me enough to learn to mod right away.

I don't know how to attach this to the Mod installer, but I did get it in the correct format.

You can manually put the mod in:

\assets\mods

Or you can just download the sound and create the folder to put it in:

\data\sound\ogg\Powers

SilentQuills.pigg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

There is also a modder program that makes it easier to make such changes.

I created the mod using the new Mod Installer program by Michiyo (below).

Unfortunately, the COH Modder website is gone. I learned a lot by watching the video though.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 4:40 PM, Baldur9 said:

I didn't see where anyone had already made this, so posting now. The pulsing sound from the Spines-Quills toggle is constant and annoyed me enough to learn to mod right away.

I don't know how to attach this to the Mod installer, but I did get it in the correct format.

You can manually put the mod in:

\assets\mods

Or you can just download the sound and create the folder to put it in:

\data\sound\ogg\Powers

SilentQuills.pigg 3.15 kB · 3 downloads

Quills 'burst' was probably the forth sfx I modified, right after the Lt Demon roars, Bots tromping, and glowies. If all one wants to change/silence is a few sfx files, adding the appropriate data\sounds is simple enough and detailed down in the Guides section. @Michiyo's modder is definitely the way to go when swapping out the sfx of entire powersets with some of the offerings of out amazing communities improvements. :)

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.