Looking for idea for my next controller

Sykar

39 minutes ago, Sykar said:

5 out of its 9 powers had their Recharge doubled and duration halved.

This was a global change to the AoE holds, stuns and sleeps of all control sets, not just Mind. This was also when they eliminated stacking of pets and created Containment. As there was no Containment prior to I5, the pre-nerf TK couldn't have been used to set it up. Even pre-nerf, TK was not a widely used power in PVE.

I agree that the controller version of Mind Control needs a reliable way to set up AoE containment, however, the dominator version is largely fine.

1 hour ago, Sykar said:

TK is routinely skipped

i still take it for the pulse effect and emergencies. it is set defining, and is a one slot great power even still.

but yes, it should be 16. who gives a crap (1), and MC pays HARD with no pet == mass confuse and best fear cone (2), especially in compare to more modern control sets (elec, plant in particular imo).

Edited by honoroit

On 4/25/2023 at 1:35 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

Plant Control/Trick Arrow. Thank me later.

I can tell you this is an outstanding combination.

I'd also suggest that Earth/Thermal is excellent especially in teams light on support - and a Dark/Poison can be truly devastating!

• Thanks 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

I mean, it sounds like you've already done "different".

Most Controller sets have basically the same setup: ST immob, ST hold, AoE immob, AoE hold, Pet, and three random filler powers.

You've already played Illu (which trades its immob for a blast, its aoe immob for stealth, the aoe hold is pbaoe and PA is the only power like it in the game), Grav (wormhole is a rather unique power, and it has an extra blast attack) and Mind (has no immobs, trades a pet for an AoE confuse which USED to be unique, TK, and has a full attack chain).

So, yeah, gotta echo Symph (pun intended) and Plant... even though the later ascribes to the "formula" above, its AoE immob deals almost twice as much damage as other similair powers, and Seed of Confusion is what dethrones Mass Confusion in the "AoE Confuse" department.

Edited by EmperorSteele
  • Thanks 1