W.I.S.D.O.M.

I did a search in this forum for the W.I.S.D.O.M. super group and saw nothing. So, either there's content under a search term I didn't use, or...

A suggestion:  Have at least one Page of future content focused around the Korean supergroup W.I.S.D.O.M..  This hopefully would bring the final two characters, Rose Star and Spark Blade into the game, and give all four content together.

Bonus points if someone manages to pull off a good task force involving all 4 characters.

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1

I don't know if there's in-game assets for the last two right offhand (or how much work it'd take to bring them in,) but yeah. It'd be nice to have them as more than trainers.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, Greycat said:

I don't know if there's in-game assets for the last two right offhand (or how much work it'd take to bring them in,) but yeah. It'd be nice to have them as more than trainers.

Mirror Spirit isn't just a trainer. She shows up in a couple of missions. Most notably the Mr. G arc where you turn the Praetorian Penelope Yin into Penelope Mayhem. And another mission I can't remember off the top of my head where you fight her alone. Pretty sure the same thing applies to Foreshadow in that he is an enemy in one or more missions.

oh yeah, back in the day I made up my own architect mission with them.  COH lore is always fun to play with and when in doubt, make something up. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Mirror Spirit isn't just a trainer. She shows up in a couple of missions. Most notably the Mr. G arc where you turn the Praetorian Penelope Yin into Penelope Mayhem. And another mission I can't remember off the top of my head where you fight her alone. Pretty sure the same thing applies to Foreshadow in that he is an enemy in one or more missions.

Which made me wonder if the OG devs had the other two in the code somewhere, or possibly could be recreated from what's available.  Worst case scenario, if one could not be recreated, perhaps make that one the mission/task force assigner.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Go to the wiki if you want in-game information such as about the different factions and groups. W.I.S.D.O.M. is here:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/W.I.S.D.O.M.

and here:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/W.I.S.D.O.M.

Thanks but I'm not after information.  The suggestion was for "Page" as in an update or expansion.  Like "Issue 27, Page 6".

18 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Which made me wonder if the OG devs had the other two in the code somewhere, or possibly could be recreated from what's available.  Worst case scenario, if one could not be recreated, perhaps make that one the mission/task force assigner.

I'm sure the Live devs had plans to bring the other two in. Likely even to eventually expand the group. Just as I'm sure there is nothing currently available in the code for either Rose Star or Spark Blade. The current devs most likely would have to create them from scratch.

Why not kill 2 birds with one stone, and use the existing members of WISDOM and add-in their Praetorian counterparts, along with related storylines/arcs...

From the trailer viewable here, we have a good idea of what kind of powers Spark Blade has, but Rose Star's are a lot less clear, (maybe some kind of invuln, but not sure about what Mirror Spirit did to her).  Spark blade could basically use katana powers, (only with an electrical effect and energy damage added), then some single pistol attacks.  Enabling him to use both at the same time would be more difficult.

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, biostem said:

Why not kill 2 birds with one stone, and use the existing members of WISDOM and add-in their Praetorian counterparts, along with related storylines/arcs...

From the trailer viewable here, we have a good idea of what kind of powers Spark Blade has, but Rose Star's are a lot less clear, (maybe some kind of invuln, but not sure about what Mirror Spirit did to her).  Spark blade could basically use katana powers, (only with an electrical effect and energy damage added), then some single pistol attacks.  Enabling him to use both at the same time would be more difficult.

Per the wiki, Rose Star is a Super Strength/Invulnerability character. Likely a Tanker. And Spark Blade is a Super Reflexes character with both sword and pistol. No defined powers beyond that. I forgot all about that video though. Was looking forward to WISDOM making a bigger appearance, then shut down happened.

Edit: As for what Mirror Spirit did to Rose Star, it looked like a purification spell via willing conduit.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2

Super Reflex with a sword and a pistol sounds like Dual Pistol / Super Reflex Sentinel, with Ninja Tool Mastery. Though I guess maybe Spark Blade only has one pistol? I've never seen the trailer in question.

Edited by A.I.D.A.

14 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

Super Reflex with a sword and a pistol sounds like Dual Pistol / Super Reflex Sentinel, with Ninja Tool Mastery. Though I guess maybe Spark Blade only has one pistol? I've never seen the trailer in question.

I linked to it, so check it out.  He wields 1 sword and 1 pistol simultaneously, and both seems to be electrified by his power.  That "simultaneously" characteristic is the tricky part, as no such thing exists, currently...