Troubled Times

MsAligned

Not a bug, if you're interested by story, don't read the spoiler

Spoiler

Run the arc 4 times.  On the last mission, select each option.  Let him go, Kill Him, etc.  Order doesn't matter.  Run it one last time, something changes...you'll figure it out from there.

• Like 1

It's not obvious from a first time through the arc (I wondered the same thing), but it's very timey-wimey.  Once you get into that, it's kind of a cool story idea.  (See this thread, or I've summarized what I recall from my badge run below.)

Spoiler

You'll have to run it at least 5 times to get the badge.

The first 4 times, the only thing that matters is that you choose a different thing to do with Marcus Stribbling in the last mission (let him go, kill him, etc.).  Each time, you'll get a new Souvenir in your collection.  By the last run, I did whatever I could to shorten the arc.  (For example, stealth through the lab and just get the clues in the first mission.)  It helps to have all your prestige travel powers (SG teleport, Long-Range TP, Ouro, Mission TP, TT, etc.) to make things easier/quicker.

• Mission 1:  Lab -- Find 4 clues.  You can fight stuff if you want, but it's way quicker and less repetitive if you stealth it (or just run through).
  • Mission 2:  Defeat 10 Freakshow in Brickstown.  (I tried Talos, since it didn't specify, but those Freaks didn't count.)
  • Mission 3:  Talk to the Hacker.  Stealth to the Hacker, who's held hostage with a Freak Tank.
  • Mission 4:  Defeat and talk to Miss Thystle.  You'll encounter Longbow early in the instance, and it's quicker and less repetitive to talk your way through.
  • Mission 5:  Talking mission (non-instanced) in Striga Isle.  Every run is the same up to this point, with none of those choices mattering.  Only the mission with Marcus matters.
  • Mission 6:  Talk to Frostfire.  Enter the ship and talk to Marcus (mission in Port Oakes).  If you end up fighting Marcus (you will 3 out of the 4 runs) and you didn't fight Frostfire outside, he'll come in after you.  Make sure to track what you do with Marcus, since you have to run the arc with each of the choices.
  • 3 phone calls.

Once you have 4 runs with 4 different fates for Marcus, the 5th run you'll encounter a Mender instead of Frostfire in Mission 6.  The rest of the arc will change noticeably from the previous 4 runs.  You should get the badge at the end of this run.

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Well since this thread exists, I'm gonna hijack it.

Looks like we missed this bit during beta testing. 

image.thumb.png.d506be5b56ea0415232d1e48be49be71.png

WAI: Nemesis Automaton

• Haha 4

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

Is there a time limit on completing the 4/5 missions?  With a new character, I just started at the top of the list, worked my way down, after the 3rd mission I interrupted my progress and did a Hamidon Raid.  After the raid, did the 4th run.  On the 5th and 6th run, no mender, finally on run 7 got the mender and completed the mission and got the Loop Hero badge.

Thanks for the info.

21 hours ago, MsAligned said:

Is there a time limit on completing the 4/5 missions?  With a new character, I just started at the top of the list, worked my way down, after the 3rd mission I interrupted my progress and did a Hamidon Raid.  After the raid, did the 4th run.  On the 5th and 6th run, no mender, finally on run 7 got the mender and completed the mission and got the Loop Hero badge.

Thanks for the info.

No time limit, it's just based on having the four different souvenirs.  I screwed up on at least one of my runs and clicked on the wrong option and let Marcus go in a different fashion, so maybe that may have been the case for you?

On 4/27/2023 at 9:30 AM, twozerofoxtrot said:

Well since this thread exists, I'm gonna hijack it.

Looks like we missed this bit during beta testing. 

image.thumb.png.d506be5b56ea0415232d1e48be49be71.png

Reveal hidden contents

This one too, in the final phase.

image.png.6a1da046ba9fcfac70aa72f77fc8811f.png

Few of them, found em for some of the other folks too.