Loop Hero

ember7401

It's called "Loop Hero." I believe the intent is to hit every alignment choice and end on Hero. thus "Looping" through all the alignments and ending on Hero.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Spoiler

Run the arc 4 times.  On the last mission, select each option.  Let him go, Kill Him, etc.  Order doesn't matter.  Run it one last time, something changes...you'll figure it out from there.

It's not hard.  Good story, so I recommend you read the dialog and clues.

• Thanks 1

@War Mage

Badge Tracking - https://cityofbadgers.com

Ive been working on trying to earn this badge.  Either I am totally missing something or it's bugged.  I've run it 7 times, trying to select different choices each time but still not earning the badge.  For those who have gotten the badge, could you provide more hints as I'm obviously missing something.  Thanks.

36 minutes ago, Kaasha said:

Ive been working on trying to earn this badge.  Either I am totally missing something or it's bugged.  I've run it 7 times, trying to select different choices each time but still not earning the badge.  For those who have gotten the badge, could you provide more hints as I'm obviously missing something.  Thanks.

As @Jane Reaction mentioned, check your Souvenirs tab.  At the bottom you should see 4 Stasis Pod Shards, one for each of the things you did to Marcus.  (Release him, arrest him, return him, or kill him, once you've talked to him and fought him.  If you don't have 4, you've missed a choice.)  Once you have all 4, run the arc again and you'll find someone different in place of Frostfire and it'll be pretty obvious.

I posted my summary in the Troubled Times bug thread:

Spoiler

You'll have to run it at least 5 times to get the badge.

The first 4 times, the only thing that matters is that you choose a different thing to do with Marcus Stribbling in the last mission (let him go, kill him, etc.).  Each time, you'll get a new Souvenir in your collection.  By the last run, I did whatever I could to shorten the arc.  (For example, stealth through the lab and just get the clues in the first mission.)  It helps to have all your prestige travel powers (SG teleport, Long-Range TP, Ouro, Mission TP, TT, etc.) to make things easier/quicker.

• Mission 1:  Lab -- Find 4 clues.  You can fight stuff if you want, but it's way quicker and less repetitive if you stealth it (or just run through).
  • Mission 2:  Defeat 10 Freakshow in Brickstown.  (I tried Talos, since it didn't specify, but those Freaks didn't count.)
  • Mission 3:  Talk to the Hacker.  Stealth to the Hacker, who's held hostage with a Freak Tank.
  • Mission 4:  Defeat and talk to Miss Thystle.  You'll encounter Longbow early in the instance, and it's quicker and less repetitive to talk your way through.
  • Mission 5:  Talking mission (non-instanced) in Striga Isle.  Every run is the same up to this point, with none of those choices mattering.  Only the mission with Marcus matters.
  • Mission 6:  Talk to Frostfire.  Enter the ship and talk to Marcus (mission in Port Oakes).  If you end up fighting Marcus (you will 3 out of the 4 runs) and you didn't fight Frostfire outside, he'll come in after you.  Make sure to track what you do with Marcus, since you have to run the arc with each of the choices.
  • 3 phone calls.

Once you have 4 runs with 4 different fates for Marcus, the 5th run you'll encounter a Mender instead of Frostfire in Mission 6.  The rest of the arc will change noticeably from the previous 4 runs.  You should get the badge at the end of this run.

Edited by FrauleinMental
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

As @Jane Reaction mentioned, check your Souvenirs tab.  At the bottom you should see 4 Stasis Pod Shards, one for each of the things you did to Marcus.  (Release him, arrest him, return him, or kill him, once you've talked to him and fought him.  If you don't have 4, you've missed a choice.)  Once you have all 4, run the arc again and you'll find someone different in place of Frostfire and it'll be pretty obvious.

Hide contents

The first 4 times, the only thing that matters is that you choose a different thing to do with Marcus Stribbling in the last mission (let him go, kill him, etc.).  Each time, you'll get a new Souvenir in your collection.  By the last run, I did whatever I could to shorten the arc.  (For example, stealth through the lab and just get the clues in the first mission.)  It helps to have all your prestige travel powers (SG teleport, Long-Range TP, Ouro, Mission TP, TT, etc.) to make things easier/quicker.

• Mission 1:  Lab -- Find 4 clues.  You can fight stuff if you want, but it's way quicker and less repetitive if you stealth it (or just run through).
  • Mission 2:  Defeat 10 Freakshow in Brickstown.  (I tried Talos, since it didn't specify, but those Freaks didn't count.)
  • Mission 3:  Talk to the Hacker.  Stealth to the Hacker, who's held hostage with a Freak Tank.
  • Mission 4:  Defeat and talk to Miss Thystle.  You'll encounter Longbow early in the instance, and it's quicker and less repetitive to talk your way through.
  • Mission 5:  Talking mission (non-instanced) in Striga Isle.  Every run is the same up to this point, with none of those choices mattering.  Only the mission with Marcus matters.
  • Mission 6:  Talk to Frostfire.  Enter the ship and talk to Marcus (mission in Port Oakes).  If you end up fighting Marcus (you will 3 out of the 4 runs) and you didn't fight Frostfire outside, he'll come in after you.  Make sure to track what you do with Marcus, since you have to run the arc with each of the choices.
  • 3 phone calls.

Once you have 4 runs with 4 different fates for Marcus, the 5th run you'll encounter a Mender instead of Frostfire in Mission 6.  The rest of the arc will change noticeably from the previous 4 runs.  You should get the badge at the end of this run.

Nice write up, much clearer than my little summary.

• Thanks 1

@War Mage

Badge Tracking - https://cityofbadgers.com

3 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Reveal hidden contents

• 3 phone calls.

Thanks for the hints.  I had missed one of the choices.  Ran it again and got the different contact at the end.  Took what I thought were heroic choices in the dialog.  Arc ends.  Still no badge :(  

• Lead Game Master

You have to

Spoiler

convince Marcus to team up and help you go after his dad. It's not the most "heroic" thing to do, especially since the arc assumes you want to kick the crap out of Stribbling (it IS a Vigilante arc, after all!), but that's where you'll get the badge...

• Thanks 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

I was just thinking about that.  You have to reach and complete the final mission, which requires particular choices.  I don't recall the exact dialogue, but you have to go against Ouroboros' wishes, both in the Mender conversation and with Marcus.  Mostly, it's being committed to saving Marcus, and the Mender thinks he's beyond help--that's the heroic part, but going against the Ouro gets you a Vigilante point.

IIRC, any dialogue choice that includes something like "(End mission)" steers you the wrong way.

• Like 1

Couple places to streamline the repeats; I do encourage you to do the various choices, but this will speed up repeats to 15 minutes or so.

Spoiler

Run repeats via Ouro:  (I forget which time you talk to Stribbling and you can say

Mission 1:  Use Ouro for mission entrance; Run thru, click blinkies, do computer last.  If you're teaming, leave one person at beginning and have them port the clicker to the entrance.

Talk to Stribbling: Mention "By the way, just mention for no reason, but I can get places really fast!" which gives you the clue "10,000 Leagues of Nope" which lets you skip the Striga talk

Mission 2: Click on crystal, port to contact which puts you in Brickstown and beat up the ten Freakshow

Mission 3: Stealth to Hacker, beat up mobs, get handsy and rifle thru pockets

Mission 4: As Fraulein says, talk past Longbow, then go straight to Miss Thystle, you don't have to deal with the Super Stunner boss. (this might be a bug)

Mission 5: Skipped!

Mission 6: And here we are at Port Oakes

And then the phone calls and on the fifth mission, it's different

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 6:19 PM, ember7401 said:

Issue 27 page 6 is live.. I  need some help with the CHOICES for the LOOP Hero badge.... I ran the arc ONCE on all hero and NO badge... IM goin to be testing but Im also lookin for help with Info on that.. thanks 😄

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

• 10 months later