i want to tell you that I'm very famous in CoH, you should know that about me. people ask me about my costumes, i can tell theyre clicking on me.

there's so many storm about these days, all packing an unslotted O² boost, if that at all, making pretend at being a blaster, sacrificing a support prim/secondary for water spout (tornado), and a lightning cloud that looks cool 🌩 if you color it purpleish. and a bad repel.

whats the answer? how can i save Paragon city?

electric control / electric affinity.

it is awesome. yes, its a critical failing that empowering circuit doesnt stack, but insulating is decent, the confuse is up like plant, the sleep patch is great, jolting chain is every third ability use, and even defribulate is pretty special.

so, single handedly, I'm healing us through lowbie tfs, saving the day.

honoroit, the selfless, youre probably thankful - say my name when you pray.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

😐

I do have to advocate for the combo, as I have an elec/elec/mu. It's one of the rare combo's that you don't have to build for heavy recharge, even skipping Hasten. Most of the abilities you need have short cooldowns and are fine slotted locally with recharge. But if you do go with higher recharge and Hasten you have pretty much every ability at your fingertips at all times. 

Conductive Aura goes a long way towards helping Controller end problems and the 20ft range goes well with a Hover ranged defense build. Jolting Chain doesn't get much benefit for procs in the chain, but it can take 3 procs. The initial hit will still proc fairly well with an 8 sec recharge so it can be viewed as a single target attack that happens to chain knockdown. 

It's very fun and very busy.

• Like 1

Unslotted O2 boost is generally correct. It is only a 17% heal (compare heal other & clones: 25%). It has situational uses to counter stuns and drains, e.g. against super stunners or on people who just ate a wakie, but the healz part is a tool of last resort and only there so you can save a slot by putting the prevmed proc in it.

Empowering needs to not stack. Stacking emp circuit would lead to it being stronger on solo fenders than on a team because you can bounce it off your own sentinel and stack it on yourself.

At least this one doesn't sing the praises of elec troller draining. Forumites always talk about how effectively the aura drains; I have played it, and witnessed it (sometimes played by those selfsame forumites), and never seen it deplete blue bars significantly faster than I can deplete red ones. I conclude that my standards for both dps and drain rate are too high. Now, Thunderous blast; that's a real draining power.

Edited by Zect
  • Like 1

if only /elec affinity jumped to team from using it on mobs , like the set idea but dislike the gameplay

On 5/7/2023 at 4:59 AM, honoroit said:

there's so many storm about these days, all packing an unslotted O² boost, if that at all, making pretend at being a blaster, sacrificing a support prim/secondary for water spout (tornado), and a lightning cloud that looks cool 🌩 if you color it purpleish. and a bad repel.

loled ,  at least O2 is a little heal , miles ahead than gale spamers scattering all the mobs 

Edited by warlyx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, biostem said:

Demons/Pain is an option, though...

i really wanna make another mm, but since switching to a 75% keyboard and having no numpad, just dont wanna have to modify a whole half dozen bind files, remap everything, and so on.  pure lazy, and im missing out!

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, honoroit said:

i really wanna make another mm, but since switching to a 75% keyboard and having no numpad, just dont wanna have to modify a whole half dozen bind files, remap everything, and so on.  pure lazy, and im missing out!

2 macros and 1 bind address like 99% of your issues:

/macro Atk "petcomall attack aggressive"

/macro Flw "petcomall follow defensive"

/bind lalt+lbutton "petcomall goto passive"

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, honoroit said:

buy a mouse with tons of buttons 😄

we all agre that Elec control needs some love  , elec blast got it long time ago ....

Edited by warlyx

these work great!

i went crazy, rolled a character called 'rot bringer', and spend 400m on 100 prismy things so i could look like the lich!  i did a necro/ff because it seems like itd be super annoying in pvp.

itd be great if we could fight openly in atlas park and other pvp zones, like if friday nights were fight time, or if all pocket d was open flag pvp, maybe at the chalet / slopes... but people report my forum posts when i talk about the pvp. 

anyways, thanks for the macro info, I can play MM again!

i saw a robot one too, he had group fly, and the robots all had jump boosts from their feet. he took off with his crew, to taunt me, but looked cool doing so in steel canyon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been using these exact same on my most recent MM (finally found one I love) and they're great.

With one slight difference:

I used /petcomall attack defensive on my sickem button. Prevents them from careening off onto secondary targets after the first is down and dramatically reduced the amount of stray agro I would pick up as a result.

Also, being a Demons MM the goto bind is crucial for keeping my sanity. "Go over there and howl in the corner!"

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I've been using these exact same on my most recent MM (finally found one I love) and they're great.

With one slight difference:

I used /petcomall attack defensive on my sickem button. Prevents them from careening off onto secondary targets after the first is down and dramatically reduced the amount of stray agro I would pick up as a result.

Also, being a Demons MM the goto bind is crucial for keeping my sanity. "Go over there and howl in the corner!"

i made a /macro die releasepets 

im not gonna be that guy who aggros all the things.

20 minutes ago, honoroit said:

i made a /macro die releasepets 

Also super handy! Sometimes you're on ATT duty.

But that's not the button you want to have to press mid fight just because minion #3 got too big for their britches.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, honoroit said:

That's why I make liberal use of the "goto passive" bind I listed earlier - make all your pets ignore everything and go where you clicked - send them away if they have aggro you can't manage.  If nothing else, it could buy you and your team some time...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
On 5/7/2023 at 11:26 AM, Wimbochismo said:

😐

I do have to advocate for the combo, as I have an elec/elec/mu. It's one of the rare combo's that you don't have to build for heavy recharge, even skipping Hasten. Most of the abilities you need have short cooldowns and are fine slotted locally with recharge. But if you do go with higher recharge and Hasten you have pretty much every ability at your fingertips at all times. 

Conductive Aura goes a long way towards helping Controller end problems and the 20ft range goes well with a Hover ranged defense build. Jolting Chain doesn't get much benefit for procs in the chain, but it can take 3 procs. The initial hit will still proc fairly well with an 8 sec recharge so it can be viewed as a single target attack that happens to chain knockdown. 

It's very fun and very busy.

I could have sworn that jolting chain used to proc well on the additional targets in the chain? It REALLY should elec control kinda needs it to. at the very least if it won't they should make the chain also do the -recovery/-end that the initial target gets, that's just dumb. But it really should accept the procs down the chain better.

2 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

I could have sworn that jolting chain used to proc well on the additional targets in the chain? It REALLY should elec control kinda needs it to. at the very least if it won't they should make the chain also do the -recovery/-end that the initial target gets, that's just dumb. But it really should accept the procs down the chain better.

i guess its because it hit a single, then jumps, if you look how its written out on city of data. so the proc has happened, and a subsequent proc 0.1s later is HIGHLY unlikely.

it would be nice to get more pew.

Luck-Voltia-950x1024.thumb.jpg.cb2be646de9bd005502d9d896d32e5e2.jpg

-- honoroit, the selfless

36 minutes ago, honoroit said:

i guess its because it hit a single, then jumps, if you look how its written out on city of data. so the proc has happened, and a subsequent proc 0.1s later is HIGHLY unlikely.

it would be nice to get more pew.

Luck-Voltia-950x1024.thumb.jpg.cb2be646de9bd005502d9d896d32e5e2.jpg

-- honoroit, the selfless

Yeah i figured that's why not, but still could have sworn it used to actually proc well before at some point on the chains. Either way it should code somehow so procs work on the chains, really makes me angry since i just drew up a whole build idea for rad/psy defender going to use the devastation hold proc in scramble thoughts to stack with choking cloud but i'm betting that won't do crap now :/. And regardless completely, they should have the end drain and -recovery hit the additional targets in the chain as well.

• Like 2