Community Choice Winner

Dacy

• Community Rep

We, your Community Representatives and the judging panel, would like to thank this community very much for helping us bring this community choice vote to its conclusion.

We didn’t really plan to put in the week of extra work it’s taken to do this right, but we’re base builders: when do we ever take the easy way? When doing things right is important, you do what you have to do. And there were problems with the first round of voting. We wanted to make sure that, whomever won, there was no question about it. And we are very satisfied with the process this time.

In fact, we saw more bases visited by more people. We saw people who might not have voted on the forums, who heard about the contest for the first time and were able to vote. They could vote while in the game they were already playing, with the much higher likelihood of actually looking at the bases involved. We got to hear more from the community about the bases, we got to build more awareness within the community about what bases can offer. And we can prove the integrity of the vote. There were many positives, in fact, and should we ever do another community vote, in person would be really the only way to consider doing it (although figuring out that there was a way to be afk and still verify that someone had been in to vote definitely is a factor in that equation).

Thank you to the amazing finalists who allowed their bases to be open to the public like this. We heard more than one person comment on how eye opening it had been, how impossible of a choice, and how they were looking forward to adding the bases to the roster of ones they visited frequently.

So thank you, again. We know it’s been a difficult process at times. We didn’t like that part, either. But now, we would like to announce your choice as the base that will win the award for being the Community's Choice for 2023.

Spoiler
Community Choice Base 2023

Vault Luxe

Vault Luxe

VAULTLUXE-17647

Builders: @BBBadger & @Easter Bunny

Owner: @Dusk

Congratulations!!

Final Vote Tallies

Spoiler
Vault Luxe  74
Dryad  52
Rampage  32
Hidden Isle (Pirate)  29
Lake (Exploreonfoot)  11

Edited by Dacy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 7

Thank you to the CRs and Judging Panel. A huge THANK YOU to all of the other base builders. To our CoX community, thank you so much for all of the positivity and support.

Finally, to our base building team: We did it! \o/

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks to everyone who made effort to show up at the voting booths to recast their votes!  It was a lot of work but it feels good to have done the Community Choice thoroughly and in-person.  Your time was not wasted!

Congrats to all five bases!  I'm happy so many people showed up to check them out!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

I thought most of the bases in the competition were pretty awesome. It was hard choosing just one. When I toured the bases, I was on an 8' tall demon with wings. I started all bases with 100 points. I knocked points off for everywhere I got "stuck" and either couldn't get out or took a lot of moving around to break loose. I also knocked points off for confusing ports with little direction on why I was sent there as well as a confusing layout and getting lost a lot. I know a lot of builders do put hidden "easter eggs" and some are awesome, but some of the bases were harder to tour than others for the feeling of running over the same areas again and again. I added points for overall appeal to my personal tastes. Bases that got those were Dryad, Crash Castle, the Pirate base, the Coven base, and of course, Vault Luxe. The Dryad base was beautiful, however, I got stuck. A lot. I did go back on a tiny character and had a much easier time. Sadly, I got hung up in the Pirate base in a few spots as well. Crash Castle had a more... personal quirk for me (seeing toilets from standing outside the bathroom aka lack of privacy in the privvy, lol). All of them had some great features and you could clearly tell everyone who built them put in a lot of work. In the end, I am just very glad I wasn't a judge, because picking between 70-something of them must have been intense! 

Congratz to everyone in the base community and a special thanks to all those builders who create then open their spaces up for RPers to experience things that we wouldn't otherwise see in the game. You all have a lot of talent and vision to take the items provided in the editor and turn them into such amazing creations! Every one of the builders should be proud.

• Like 4

Congrats to the winner, Vault Luxe, and all of their competitors! Well done.

A special shout-out to Rampage City for bringing a fresh, novel concept to life. It was a real pleasure touring this base because it inspired people to pause and play. I was amazed to watch other base visitors stomping on cars, batting at buildings, and zombie-walking through neighborhoods in spontaneous acts of play. This base sparked so much joy!

Thanks to all for allowing the community to appreciate your creative works.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Congratz to Vault-Luxe the Community Choice Base winner 2023.

What an amazing base that is. I enjoyed all the bases and the choices were outstanding. As I mentioned elsewhere The CR's and Judges did a fantastic job working on this contest Congrats to them for all their hard work putting this together and seeing it through from start to finish. Finially I'd like to thank all our fellow builders who took the step to join the contest and display their work we all should be proud of the bases we built and seen. Looking foward the next contest.

AV

Edited by American Valor
Spl
  • Like 4

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

On 5/7/2023 at 1:36 PM, DawL said:

Crash Castle had a more... personal quirk for me (seeing toilets from standing outside the bathroom aka lack of privacy in the privvy, lol).

It's hard to fit anything semi-usable into one of those cargo containers without completely sealing them off (or breaking the game camera 😄). I'd do an 'S' curve if I thought I could fit. I'll try using the new spacing tool and see if I can't come up with a reasonable visual barrier.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yay! My pick! Congratulations! Congratulations also to the participating base designs! Great design to all! Great Creativity and Imagination to all the base designers and it showed in their works! Again, congratulations to all winners! @X'terra

• Like 3

Gratz to Vault Luxe!  Truly a base worthy of a visit and  the Community Choice championship trophy!

And also another shout out to Dacy, Easter Bunny and all the judges for their time and efforts into the contest overall!

This contest and the bases toured have inspired and reinvigorated us to upgrade our base after a 3-year hiatus with the new content and editing tools.

PEACE!

• Like 7