Elemental Blast, or Elementalist set

So here is a half baked idea, I would love a set that is a combination of elements. So My toon could throw fire blasts as well as ice blasts or whatnot. So what if the devs created a "new" blast set, that was simply all the elemental blasts combined. The thing is though, picking a blast of one element would lock you out of the equivalent blast of another set. IE if you choose "Flares" then "Ice Bolt", "Charged Bolts", "Aqua bolt" and whatever the earth blast power is would be locked out. So you could have a mixture of elemental based powers, but you could not have multiple snipes or nukes. 

Alternatively, there could be a generic blast set, and you could have a "change element" button like Dual Pistols lets you change ammo types.

Personally, I would prefer elementalist sets for all the various elemental based powers, but I figured the blasts/manipulation would be easiest to tackle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

For the first idea, that sounds like it wound require multiple different ability choices on each tier, making the total set around 30+ powers. The devs have stated that the mutually exclusive thing they did with Sentinel SR was a one-time thing so that's not happening at all. 

As for a change element toggle, that is possible in terms of coding but I don't like that it would step on the toes of DP (assuming similar elements like ice and fire). If there was to be another stance-change blast set I'd rather it have totally different damage types that DP doesn't have (en, neg, psi). Not very elemental though...

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

3 minutes ago, Communistpenguin said:

So what if the devs created a "new" blast set, that was simply all the elemental blasts combined. The thing is though, picking a blast of one element would lock you out of the equivalent blast of another set. IE if you choose "Flares" then "Ice Bolt", "Charged Bolts", "Aqua bolt" and whatever the earth blast power is would be locked out. So you could have a mixture of elemental based powers, but you could not have multiple snipes or nukes. 

That would require an entire power set built like the Sentinel's Master Brawler/Practiced Brawler, except far more complicated for having more than just two choices per tier. And the devs have said they will never do that again.

3 minutes ago, Communistpenguin said:

Alternatively, there could be a generic blast set, and you could have a "change element" button like Dual Pistols lets you change ammo types.

This would be more feasible. Do you have an idea of what the set would look like for powers and how the... we'll call it Change Element... would work?

4 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

Personally, I would prefer elementalist sets for all the various elemental based powers, but I figured the blasts/manipulation would be easiest to tackle. 

The new storm blast set is pretty close, dealing smashing, cold, and energy damage.  That being said, how would you differentiate such a set from a simple mashup of existing fire, ice/water, seismic, and/or storm/elec blasts?  

18 minutes ago, Communistpenguin said:

I wouldn't? A simple mashup where you get to choose which powers have which element is the goal.

I kind of feel like a simple mashup would work better as a mastermind primary - you'd get an animated stone, jack frost, a gremlin, a fire imp, a water spout, and a dust devil, then maybe a fireball, lightning strike, and a stone blast for your personal attacks.