What's the best powerset for damage?

Low Dose

• 2 weeks later

Fire is pretty universally regarded as the best overall DPS.  As a Corr, you have to figure in how it synergizes with your inherent (Scourge) and from that look at DOT versus Rains vs psuedopet damage output and all sorts of slotting mechanics.  I just go by "common tongue" on the boards and stick with Fire as my vote.

I love it paired with Kinetics because you can self-augment your native unslotted damage and then go a bit nuts with IO sets or procs.  

I also think it works really well with any secondary that has lots of -RES in it.  Cold, Storm, Rad and a few others come to mind.  -RES is also a damage multiplier.

So I'd say if you go Fire, you have many options to make a high damage Corruptor.

But Ice, Water, Seismic, BR etc ain't bad either btw....

*EDIT*

@Voltak has a really solid Fire/Kin/Soul build posted on the forums, along with a thread to support it.  I can vouch for it, it's incredibly powerful.  I might prefer going with Dark instead because being able to hit Fulcrum Shift followed by Soul Drain is amazing in large spawns, and Soul Drain does some damage as well.  Even if you just alternate them, it's still a really potent combination of powers.

The other way to go is @Darkir's approach of Fire/Kin "tanking" builds.  Several different builds posted in this lengthy (and classic!) thread.

Edited by Crysis
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later

Totally agree with fire/kin. Out of the 100s of alts I’ve made three stand out in my mind for really memorable “wow” damage  - elec/shield stalker, thugs/time MM, and fire/kin corruptor. Of those the MM and the corruptor hit so quickly and consistently hard that it made me feel like I was playing a different game.  Of course a lot of the alts were built for purposes other than damage but those three were eye wateringly good for me.  Honorable mention to mace scrapper, you could really feel the thump with that fella. Oh, and ice blaster too.  Crikey, kind of diluting my original point the more I ramble on here. Fire/kin is great for damage.  I’ll stop now.