Stupid Collapsed Chat Window! >:F

I've fallen prey to that annoying "whoopsie!" when you accidently collapse your chat window and only have the Global, the top half, showing. 

My search-fu is pretty ADHD so I didn't find an answer on the wiki, so can someone please explain to me in single syllables how to fix this?  I promise I will cut and paste it into my growing Google doc of "COH Info" and will never bother anyone about this again, thank you!

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Sounds like you have a split window in a single Chat window?

I know by default "C" opens/closes Chat (main).

There's a up/down arrow on the top right corner of the Chat window if you mouse over it to reduce/increase its size.

Other than that, hopefully you didn't delete the split option and need to context menu in the tabs again?

I've always immediately customized my chat window layout to have 4 separate Chat windows with no split in any, so that may explain if I'm no help.

Having logged out at the time, now that I log back in, it's fixed; I did nothing.  I don't think? I saw that up/down arrow was still there?  But that might have done it, yeah.  I don't save windows configs though, but that was a good thought too.  Thanks for them both!.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I set my UI up using the following:

/Optionsave

/Bindsave

/Wdwsave

/Chatsave

When I create a new character I do

/Optionload

/Bindload

/Wdwload

/Chatload

That way, I always have consistency in my game play and appearance - I don't need to worry about controls, binds etc.

If anything ever goes worng with my UI (which happens more frequently than I'd like to admit) a quick /wdwload fixes it right away

If I decide that I want to change things up - for example I want to put a new channel in a particular chat window I do it then make the save and then load on new characters whenever I need to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

8 hours ago, Player2 said:

Just grab the Chat tab and drag it upward.  The split should reappear.

I did try that and it didn't seem to do anything, but it is good advice!

Go have fun!