Light Sets?

For the sake of argument, you could easily do, (just copied from Luminous Blast) :

Gleaming Bolt 1 Ranged, Minor DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF
Glinting Eye 1 Ranged, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF
Gleaming Blast 2 Ranged, High DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF, Knockback
Proton Scatter 6 Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF
Inner Light 8 Self +DMG, +To Hit
Luminous Detonation 12 Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF, Knockback
Pulsar 18 PBAoE, Foe Disorient
Solar Flare 22 PBAoE, High DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF, Knockback
Dawn Strike 26 PBAoE, Extreme DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF, Knockback
Edited by biostem

30 minutes ago, biostem said:

For the sake of argument, you could easily do, (just copied from Luminous Blast) :

Gleaming Bolt 1 Ranged, Minor DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF
Glinting Eye 1 Ranged, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF
Gleaming Blast 2 Ranged, High DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF, Knockback
Proton Scatter 6 Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF
Inner Light 8 Self +DMG, +To Hit
Luminous Detonation 12 Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF, Knockback
Pulsar 18 PBAoE, Foe Disorient
Solar Flare 22 PBAoE, High DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF, Knockback
Dawn Strike 26 PBAoE, Extreme DMG(Energy), Foe -DEF, Knockback

PBs are just one AT though.  Dark sets are everywhere.  Also, an epic light pool set would be nice.  Plenty already lean dark side.

Edited by Spankea

11 minutes ago, Spankea said:

PBs are just one AT though.  Dark sets are everywhere.  Also, an epic light pool set would be nice.  Plenty already lean dark side.

What I posted would be a hypothetical "light blast" set.  I've already addressed your other concerns about there being so many dark sets, so I'm not going to retread them.

11 hours ago, Spankea said:

The whole problem with color customization is that you have to use a set like poison to have a light set.  I use poison trap like it's a bleach trap, think Mr. Clean.  It would be nice to have a more positive set than using poison or rad sets.  The dark sets already get powers named Soul Consumption to make it feel dark and negative.

I can't quote across pages, but you said "Dark melee, dark armor, dark affinity, and dark miasma, are a lot of sets to redo into a light or holy sets I know."

What do you mean by "redo into a light or holy sets"?

My assumption was that  you want the same power SFX with different visuals.

Easiest way to do that is with color customization.

I have characters that use the dark blast as a "light or holy set", and I do it through power customization by color customization.

I will agree that "soul conception" has dark/demonic implications.

What would you call a light/holy based power that sucks hit points out of an enemy and give them to you?

For character conception reasons, a player could simply not pick that power for their light/holy character. There are plenty other powers to choose from.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I can't quote across pages, but you said "Dark melee, dark armor, dark affinity, and dark miasma, are a lot of sets to redo into a light or holy sets I know."

What do you mean by "redo into a light or holy sets"?

My assumption was that  you want the same power SFX with different visuals.

Easiest way to do that is with color customization.

I have characters that use the dark blast as a "light or holy set", and I do it through power customization by color customization.

I will agree that "soul conception" has dark/demonic implications.

What would you call a light/holy based power that sucks hit points out of an enemy and give them to you?

For character conception reasons, a player could simply not pick that power for their light/holy character. There are plenty other powers to choose from.

I'd say you're getting warmer.  Create light sets with power names and no negative energy damage.  Make it possible to mix and match the powersets in most of the ATs like dark can now.

11 hours ago, biostem said:

What I posted would be a hypothetical "light blast" set.  I've already addressed your other concerns about there being so many dark sets, so I'm not going to retread them.

No more hypotheticals, make the real light sets.

4 hours ago, Spankea said:

I'd say you're getting warmer.

I don't need to get warmer.

Tell us what you mean.

Specifically, what powers are you looking for with what SFX?

Make it possible to mix and match the powersets in most of the ATs like dark can now.

?!

No more hypotheticals, make the real light sets.

yeah. I'm done.

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

39 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I don't need to get warmer.

Tell us what you mean.

Specifically, what powers are you looking for with what SFX?

Light armor set with a T9 power called Valhalla...

• Haha 2

I would enjoy some of the peacebringer abilities being made into luminous blast,  luminous melee and luminous armor.  Ive tried recoloring other power sets but i just see energy blast but its white,  energy melee but its white,  invulnerability but its white.  A bunch of people can head canon a recolor into a different power but i cant.  Peacebringer abilities are the same effects from other power sets but they pewpew in a way that feels like light.

Last I heard, the game does not have a reflected damage mechanic and may not be able to support it. Also, why would being blinded by light cause inflicted damage to be reversed back on the attacker? Muscular positional awareness does not go away from being blinded.

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Last I heard, the game does not have a reflected damage mechanic and may not be able to support it. Also, why would being blinded by light cause inflicted damage to be reversed back on the attacker? Muscular positional awareness does not go away from being blinded.

Mirrored, think of it like albino wildlife and the legal protections that are imposed on someone who attacks them.

• Confused 2