"Families who sing together, stay together!"

Spankea

As the old saying goes...

I hear a lot of people in game and on the forums complaining about the in-game music that is stuck in their head.  But one thing I've noticed is when I'm on a pug that is doing this the teams last longer for more missions.  I also see this in AE farms where it's no longer possible to just be a sitter, you either have to be a hitter or talker to participate.  Music easily fills the hole for this.  I hear more comments about how much they had fun and the time goes by fast when you're having fun.  Has the symphony set made a positive experience to your teams yet?

So, if you want to change the world, start singing when you’re up to you're neck in mud.

Edited by InvaderStych
How did I not notice the your/you're error!

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Did we just find the person posting song titles in chat 🤔

I wish I could take credit but first came the wheel, then came rock'n roll.  It goes way back before the Iron Age.

Still trying to find some meaning in the first two sentences.  Was there a thought that was not typed?

"I hear a lot of people in game and on the forums complaining about the in-game music that is stuck in their head.  But one thing I've noticed is when I'm on a pug that is doing this the teams last longer for more missions."

The PUG is singing?  To each other in team chat?  With each other?  And the teams last longer then...  

29 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Still trying to find some meaning in the first two sentences.  Was there a thought that was not typed?

The PUG is singing?  To each other in team chat?  With each other?  And the teams last longer then...  

People just talk about music especially if they are symphony.

17 minutes ago, Spankea said:

People just talk about music especially if they are symphony.

i'm still missing something.  but, i am undead and miss a lot.

it does remind me of some quality players who were musically inclined.  their stuff ran better mostly because they were more focused and more patient.  all i can take from this is people who discuss music theory are just more geared to longer sessions.  

18 hours ago, Snarky said:

it does remind me of some quality players who were musically inclined.  their stuff ran better mostly because they were more focused and more patient.  all i can take from this is people who discuss music theory are just more geared to longer sessions.  

This is interesting. There's a lot of math in this game (as with most RPGs, but here we are privy to the internal workings more than in other games), and folks who grow up studying/playing music tend to be at least half-way decent at math. Or maybe that is apocryphal, and I just bought into it because I was a musician as a kid, and an adult who kinda regrets putting down instruments in his 20s and never picking them up again. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe something about the design of The Cities draws the musically inclined?

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 6/8/2023 at 8:27 AM, Spankea said:

I hear a lot of people in game and on the forums complaining about the in-game music that is stuck in their head. 

The music here?  That's nothing compared to Planet Coaster, my latest alternate game choice.  They manage to work their catchy tune into multiple music types and post it everywhere.  Everywhere!  I awake with this song buzzing in my head these days.  It's worse than Mark Twain's Punch Brothers Punch railroad jingle and that was designed to torture.

On 6/8/2023 at 5:27 AM, Spankea said:

As the old saying goes...

I hear a lot of people in game and on the forums complaining about the in-game music that is stuck in their head.  But one thing I've noticed is when I'm on a pug that is doing this the teams last longer for more missions.  I also see this in AE farms where it's no longer possible to just be a sitter, you either have to be a hitter or talker to participate.  Music easily fills the hole for this.  I hear more comments about how much they had fun and the time goes by fast when you're having fun.  Has the symphony set made a positive experience to your teams yet?

Sorry, I had to do this:

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

31 minutes ago, Techwright said:

The music here?  That's nothing compared to Planet Coaster, my latest alternate game choice.  They manage to work their catchy tune into multiple music types and post it everywhere.  Everywhere!  I awake with this song buzzing in my head these days.  It's worse than Mark Twain's Punch Brothers Punch railroad jingle and that was designed to torture.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh oh-oh oh-oh, ohhhhhh oh-oh oh-oh

Dee-dee-dee dee deeee dee

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

23 hours ago, Snarky said:

"I hear a lot of people in game and on the forums complaining about the in-game music that is stuck in their head.  But one thing I've noticed is when I'm on a pug that is doing this the teams last longer for more missions."

Well obviously! It's a singing party hero side @Snarky; come sing with us! 😁

• Sad 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...