Necro/Poison

Panache

Absolutely rips (at least at low to mid levels).  /Poison's 'flexibility' allows you to take all the Necro blasts without power choice worries, so my lowbie MM is running around with a full 'attack chain' of the 3 blasts and Envenom/Weaken.  Between all the -toHit, extra 'pets' making use of the -Res and the specters pulling aggro, it's just a non-stop button spamming bulldozer. Highly recommend.

Edited by Panache
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even with the Necro changes, essentially beefing up the henchmen considerably you are going to need a strong AOE heal. Poison unfortunately is on a single target heal. At higher levels it is going to be considerable.

Edited by C U R S E

What difficulty are you running? As low difficulty I'm guessing you'll be fine, but upper difficulty I think @C U R S Ehas a good point regarding healing your henchmen especially when level shifts come into play.

I think Necro is amazing myself, and I personally pair it with Dark Miasma. To the point a I have 2 of them I'll dual box together for a zombie horde with plans to build a third one in the future when I'm more actively playing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m at level 31 now and have been running at +1/x6, eating BFs when necessary. I skipped Antidote in favor of Spirit Ward; partially to open up Sorcery for the mez protection later but also partially to see how I’d do without it. It’s not too bad. Probably will grab Antidote at 32 though, for the specific focus of keeping my Noxious anchor up. 

Still missing a lot of procs (no Shield Breakers in the pets yet, nothing in Poison Trap and don’t have the MM ATO that has Resist/Regen). Opening with Weaken + Envenom then Provoking dudes to me and toe bombing Poison Trap has been working pretty well as an alpha soak. After that it’s just spreading poisons and summoning specters. 

There is a bit of that binary feel where everyone is either completely fine or I’m hosping. Some of that is just me being dumb and staying in melee for too long because I keep forgetting that I am not the source of the Noxious Gas.

Edited by Panache

• 2 weeks later

I hated it on live. Buffs not strong enough, debuffs not strong enough. The real issue later on is having to spam that single target heal like crazy. I've not tried it on Homecoming, rerolled as Necro/Dark and having a much better time.

• 1 month later
  • 5 months later
On 7/14/2023 at 5:18 AM, C U R S E said:

Even with the Necro changes, essentially beefing up the henchmen considerably you are going to need a strong AOE heal. Poison unfortunately is on a single target heal. At higher levels it is going to be considerable.

But all Necro henchmen can life drain. They all heal themselves and have a fairly high resistance with -acc debuff to enemies. No heal required at all.

I run them with traps, works wonders

• 2 weeks later

Poison is not good on MMs. The AT modifiers are soo low. The debuff radius is soo small too. Nothing worse than having your pet with your T9 debuff aura get Fear Spam from caltrops or burn patches or ignite patches or basically anything that causes SCATTER  and watch them run away and clear the debuffs from the mobs your fighting. They all then just run you down. It works with Defenders because of the modifiers and it works on controllers because they can CC the mob first before laying down all those nasty debuffs. MMs just have to eat the alpha each and every time.