The Best TF /Kin

00Troy00

I've had a couple of people tell me that Ice/Kins or Elec?Kins are better for TFs (especially hard-mode content) because regular mobs die fast enough anyway, and the debuff from the aforementioned sets makes the difference against GM's or AV's. What's the prevailing thought on this?

not sure I'd agree. at snapshot:

pure kin? fire/kin corruptor.

or...

-- grav / kin. some cc, an exclude, a mob tp, and space to devote the ~54% of uptime required to fully run /kin on cooldowns.

-- necro / kin.  a bit ludicrous - busy. be good at pet control.

you want to blast? (always corruptor)

-- fire - damage

-- ice - if they'll stay put... but fire. slows... sure...

-- elec - shock is nice. end drain is not very effective on AV, at all.

-- psi - some recharge debuff.  av gonna resist all that stuff.

I think the important part is playing the Kin. As someone who had a Kin/elec main on Live and a Elec/kin controller on here, I don't find end drain all that worthy. It is more work then it cam be worth if it is worth anything at all. Some AVs simply will not be drained of their end and will attack even with a sliver of end. I would outright question anyone saying end drain can be effective against AVs.

If mobs die too fast and it is about the AVs, Kin/sonic or Kin/beam are the first I would look at due to -Res. After that you are looking at ones with solid ST damage or pets. Ill/kin is on a pathway to pretty easy to perma PA.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 2 weeks later
On 7/16/2023 at 1:09 PM, honoroit said:

not sure I'd agree. at snapshot:

pure kin? fire/kin corruptor.

or...

-- grav / kin. some cc, an exclude, a mob tp, and space to devote the ~54% of uptime required to fully run /kin on cooldowns.

-- necro / kin.  a bit ludicrous - busy. be good at pet control.

you want to blast? (always corruptor)

-- fire - damage

-- ice - if they'll stay put... but fire. slows... sure...

-- elec - shock is nice. end drain is not very effective on AV, at all.

-- psi - some recharge debuff.  av gonna resist all that stuff.

What about Sonic?

1 hour ago, 00Troy00 said:

What about Sonic?

on defender, yes! overlooked it entirely....

however, you are going to be BUSY trying to fulltime kin and keep up res debuffs.

byt yessir, it should be high on the list.

one could argue, just go fire. but one always might.

• 2 weeks later
6 hours ago, Endal said:

What about NRG / Kin? I heard someone say Energy is supposed to be the strongest of the blaster attacks

Strongest how? En doesn't have DoT which is what is going to be an advantage for a Corr versus a Blaster. En gets better DPS wise once you added in KB to KD IOs oddly enough, and you will want to do that as Kin absolutely doesn't want things being KBed away. I like En, but I prefer it much more on a Blaster.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 2 weeks later