Friend made an account and immediately was banned... what happened?

39 minutes ago, AveragelyConfusedWalrus said:

I finally got my fiance and her brother to try this game out but the moment her brother made the forum account it said he was banned even though hes never played before. any idea oir reasons this may have happened?

You're not going to find out by asking here - have them PM a moderator to find out what happened. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Left 1

1 hour ago, AveragelyConfusedWalrus said:

I finally got my fiance and her brother to try this game out but the moment her brother made the forum account it said he was banned even though hes never played before. any idea oir reasons this may have happened?

Click the support option under the drop down in the top right corner of the page and submit a ticket. A GM will respond as soon as they are able to assist you. 

Edit: Or click "More" if you are on desktop view. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Just a guess: maybe his chosen name is the same as someone who was banned in the past?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 7/16/2023 at 1:07 PM, AveragelyConfusedWalrus said:

shouldn't have picked the user name DeezNutz

• Haha 4

On 7/16/2023 at 4:07 PM, AveragelyConfusedWalrus said:

The course of action that I would take would be to contact support, provide their email address, and request that they let him know by email what standard they broke so they can avoid doing it again. After contact, the GMs might unban the account if the situation can be remedied. Otherwise, try creating another account with another email address and make sure to avoid anything that would break the Code of Conduct.

Did their forum names infringe on any copyrights or utilize a name that would break the Code of Conduct?

Did they make any characters?

If so, how many and how many of them were infringing on copyrights or utilizing names that would be restricted from use by the Code of Conduct?

I remember when my brother was visiting years ago. He made a character who's name wasn't quite obviously CoC breaking, but then he wrote up a bio that I'm sure a good portion of the community would feel was offensive. I think he only was in game for less than 1/2 hour. I don't think I would have been immediately banned, but I think the DEVs would have wiped the bio at the very least and probably would have changed the name as well.

I was incredibly embarrassed by his crassness. I deleted the character after he left.

That being said, I've run into at least one player that seems to base all their characters on escriment, and no one seems to have been offended enough to complain about it.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.