So how is Mind/Psi ??

smnolimits43

I realize there is no Pet.  If this was a controller you could sort of turn Allies into psuedo pets.  Like Cold Domination can transform a full team into 7 Jack Frost's.  However, its time to play another Dominator. I have a few, i also have a name.  So like the title says, how is Mind/Psi Dominator??

Mind control is great on Doms mind you it's massive amounts of fast fluid control and a little light on damage which is where you depend more on your assault and Epic Pools to fill that in.  Psi is a good assault on Doms but I'm not sure it has the right oomph when paired with Mind Control.  If I were to play Mind I'd rather pair it with Fire or Energy and Psi I feel is better paired with something like Plant or Fire.  

I'd suggest identifying the Epic Pool you'll most want to use as well.  Something like Soul Mastery has oodles of great aoe assaults paired best with a more ST oriented assault like Energy whereas Psi assault already has some good aoe attacks so you'd likely want to use a different Epic to fill in any gaps from your assault.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1

mins psi is decent...but...!

mind/thorny assault is op (see my long winded tier-splain to find out why!)

/earth assault good too, melee smash, as is energy and.....

...savage!

dark is ok, but the above listed (and thorny) are the best(est)

you have to promise to be very careful if you play mind dom. its very powerful, people will look at you and think youre cool!

so, youve been warned.

TLDR; thorns has a great mix of slot diversity. earth is smashy. savage is recharge and flashy.

Edited by honoroit

With the right skills it can be very powerful. There's a player on Torch that's soloed just about every TF in the game on Mind/Psi and has vet level 6,000+.

I've got one that's OK, but I've never been quite happy with it and prefer my other doms. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

The thing to me is that Mind/psi feels a bit boring. That is not to say it cant work well. As someone mentioned due to the kind of glitch in AVs having that perma confuse is a great tool and well, Psi damage. But lets face it both sets have some of the most boring animations to watch. And i know for some that doesnt matter, but to me is does. I cant stand the boring assault rifle animations or the archery ones. 

My biggest complaint on Mind is its lack of a AOE medium control. Yes it has a sleep that spawns up quickly, but most sets have more of a disorient power that spawns up quickly for use. Even after perma, i find having to wait for that AOE hold to get recharged. And with a set like Psi that has the PBAOE shreeky power, if you use it, you are basically just walking up all the targets you just slept. 

If you are really looking for an AV killer, i kind of suggest either energy or earth. More siding with energy. It has higher single target damage with the melee attacks without having to have a pbaoe or something that wakes up your crowds from the sleep. 

• 3 weeks later

Mind/psy is great but not for the casual player. It has a huge bag of tricks for any situation having fast fingers and faster reflexes helps.

It took me years to figure out how to play it properly. I am not exaggerating......years

So aside from a steep learning curve this is a top tier powerset pairing.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?