Best way to slot Drain Psyche

Snokle

Hey all,

After another rework on my Ice/Psi dom, I have drain psyche set with 5 slots, as it was a bit tight and could not find another power to remove the slot from to make it a six slot power. I have it a bit frankenslotted a bit, but nothing too fancy which I think could do a bit of improvement. I was wondering how people usually slot drain psyche for them. I suspect ACC/RECH are main focus then HEAL/END afterwards.

To note it is currently setup like this:

Touch Nictus: ACC/HEAL. ACC/END/HEAL, HEAL/RECH - Efficiency Adapt - ACC/RECH, END/ACC

Edited by Dr_Snokle

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

I can tell you how I slot it, I have enough global acc/tohit to ensure it hits +4s (+3 is usually good enough)

5 pcs +5 pvp heal (no proc) 

1 pcs +5 endmod/rech

Pvp IO set bonuses still exemplar down even at +5, so it may be something to consider.

I have it 3 slotted for excellent return, but this relies on D-syncs.

Level 53 D-Sync Siphon Acc/Heal, 2 level 53 Reconstruction Heal/Rech.

With the global acc in the rest of my build, this gives me max hit chance against +3's (effectively +4's with Alpha shift).

Heal is 97%, Recharge 77% (5 seconds shy of perma with my global recharge).

I don't find it necessary to enhance the end component, as a baseline hit in an average crowd is plenty. Enhancing the heal makes a big difference in your survivability. I use Musculature Radial, which does juice the end a bit.

9 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

I can tell you how I slot it, I have enough global acc/tohit to ensure it hits +4s (+3 is usually good enough)

5 pcs +5 pvp heal (no proc) 

1 pcs +5 endmod/rech

Pvp IO set bonuses still exemplar down even at +5, so it may be something to consider.

I did have it like that before roughly 5 +5 pvp IOs, and an ACC IO, but with some recent changes, I took a chance in running it as five-slotted. I was just thought of Hami/D-sync today and was wondering if anyone just does some franking on it.

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

41 minutes ago, Dr_Snokle said:

I did have it like that before roughly 5 +5 pvp IOs, and an ACC IO, but with some recent changes, I took a chance in running it as five-slotted. I was just thought of Hami/D-sync today and was wondering if anyone just does some franking on it.

If you are looking to scavenge slots I think for most content you'd be fine with just 2 +3 heal/rech D-syncs. Just depends on global acc and recharge, and what you want to do with the character.

I do a lot of AV's with my earth/psi, so endurance is more of a concern for me, otherwise 2 targets is ample endurance.

With Ice/ as a primary End is always a challenge with Artic Air being a hog. I have played around doing a smattering of AVs (usually +1 or +2) stuff and of course high end content. I reworked the Epic's from Psi to Soul, and cleaned up some of the end hunger it had as I originally tried to push more Def, after coming back from the Def overhaul that happened.

The build of course is perma-dom with perm-haste, global acc and to-hit seems is solid from what I recall in my head. I was more pondering what the kind of average is. 

I feel like the Accuracy slotting is important for Drain Psyche, so I usually shoot for 3x Touch of the Nictus. After that, I tailor choices. The %+Endurance is used when:

• The character burns Endurance like crazy (Doms with high Recharge tend to fall into this category, despite Domination refills)
  • The power is likely to be used in every spawn, against multiple enemies

This is how I have it slotted on one of my Dominators (Fire/Psi):

(A) Theft of Essence - Chance for +Endurance
 (*) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage
 (*) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
 (*) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing
 (*) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb
 (*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime

On this build, this is where I could fit the Preventive Medicine %+Absorb) piece, and if I wasn't on the razor's edge with Endurance (across all level ranges) I think 5x Touch of the Nictus (and the %+Absorb piece) would be my second choice.

I don't typically try to enhance EndMod on click powers.