Roleplay?

HEROID

So, now that we have four servers, have any roleplay supergroups begun to form? If so, on which server(s) are you forming? I've thought that Everlasting sounded like a good place for rp'ers to call home. Anyone else care to share their ideas and opinions?

The 1st Fist of Light is on Indomitable, we are a RP supergroup that have been together since Everquest back in '99, moved around from game to game sticking together, and we spent the most time in one place here in CoX.  Still getting organized and calling all our old timers, but we are here, and looking for anyone who wants to join.

Hi there Heroid,

I believe there are some active roleplaying supergroups on Everlasting; I saw some advertising there when I went to poke around.

If there are any roleplaying SGs on Torchbearer, I'd love to hear about that as well. I'll be setting up camp there and would love to plug into an active RPing community.

I wonder if there are any plans to provide a "Roleplayers" category on the forums here. It was a great place to post your characters' stories. These type of posts will just get lost in the "General" category.

I'm also looking for roleplay :) Are there any discords for Rp groups?

Granted I'm super new, but from what I've seen thus far, there's RP channels for both general use and specific servers in the Homecoming Discord.  More meant for organizing RPers than actually conducting RP.

I've also seen a few of the supergroup recruitment messages containing links to group-specific Discords.  I couldn't point you to any one in particular as it all seems a bit in flux, but that could be worth checking out.

Hope that helps.

I really miss our old Unionverse set up.  It was made up of a number of different RP groups but all kind of accepting they were part of a shared universe.  Sure there was the occassional conflict but for the most part I felt it was a creatively rich and supportive community. 

As I return to the game (on Everlasting, albeit in a far more limited capacity than my hey day) I’d love to bring back some of the familiarity of the old Unionverse.  Obviously I dont think we could just carry on where we left off (people missing etc), but we could do a bit of a reboot.  This would allow people to return with old favourites, but tweak and ret-con them to suit a new reality, play style, or rl circumstances.

It'd be helpful if a server was designated as, at least, the unofficial RP server.  At this point it's not a big deal, I'd reroll on a different server if need be.  Just it would be helpful to know where to be.

It'd be helpful if a server was designated as, at least, the unofficial RP server.  At this point it's not a big deal, I'd reroll on a different server if need be.  Just it would be helpful to know where to be.

It was announced that the unofficial RP server is Everlasting. Of course now that has been announced doesn’t that make it the official RP server...I don’t know.

Anyways, the Entropy Legion is starting up with its first official RP Night event. It is villain RP (Venture Bros style RP/setting). Our site is a WIP but it is http://entropylegion.guildlaunch.com

Join us for some fun and semi-competent villainy. And no, you do not need to join our SG to RP with us. We do things in public (most of the time) and in Local chat!

Entropy Legion, Villain SG: https://entropylegion.guildlaunch.com 

Union Supreme, Heroic SG: https://unionsupreme.guildlaunch.com

The 1st Fist of Light is on Indomitable, we are a RP supergroup that have been together since Everquest back in '99, moved around from game to game sticking together, and we spent the most time in one place here in CoX.  Still getting organized and calling all our old timers, but we are here, and looking for anyone who wants to join.

I'm on Indomitable and would be interested, but after reading this I'm wondering if I should re-create my characters on Everlasting.

It bears noting that there are Global Channels of  "RP" and  "OOC"  set up in the game right now too.  Over 200 members, in fact!  Only a couple other Globals have such populations.

This. It's fantastic how quickly the RP community jumped right in and started working their craft. VERY impressive.

• Thanks 1
I'm out.

I'm rather surprised there isn't a dedicated roleplay section on the forums yet, actually.  I'm wondering if there's a specific reason for that, or if the GMs just haven't got around to it yet.

In any event, in he absence of a dedicated roleplay section, https://score.savecoh.com/index.php/topic,1522.0.html is available for some best practices.

The Ol Berk here. I shall be working to rebuild several Lore based RP SGs over the coming months on Everlasting. The first shall be The Midnighters Club or something to that effect to be tied into the midnighters squad of coh lore. It will be mainly for magic based characters however with the new pool sorcery really even just dabblers in magic can potentially join the ranks now.

Ill also be Making one with a red/blue side presence called Crey Global Enterprises. This is an ideal home for those of science, tech, natural and even mutation. For the blue side presence the idea is to RP genuine do gooders in the ranks of Crey who believe what Crey does is acceptable in a world of META gods like Statesman. The red side faction would be those who are proper criminals exploiting fear, paranoia, and greed to corrupt the company. The idea is to also RP the classic humanity vs inhumans type of approach, where Statesman is evil in their eyes just for being connected to a deity like Zeus. That to them Statesman is just like Emperor Cole.

The 3rd will be Linked to the Circle of Thorns on and also be on both red and blue side. The idea is based on lore in coh that demons are a very lawful and orderly group, that they yes do traffic in human flesh, blood, and soul but this is because its literally all humans have that can be of use to them. One could even argue that it was the Demons coming to the aid of the Orenabegans against the forces of Mu that was a good thing. And for those that are more human over gods type of classic comic view, there is something noble and heroic in the Circle of thorns, and the chaos and turn towards more overt acts that harm humanity is linked to the lord of demonkind Valmaz going MIA at the same time the hero Infernal entered our world. This is obviously mainly for magical beings, especially those wanting to be wizards or even socialite dabblers in the arcane, or full on demons of every shape and size.

Email Bentley Berkeley in game on Everlasting if any of these ideas tickle your fancy it will help push me to get them all going faster.