Elec/Elec Defender and inconsistent endurance

GastlyGibus

Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but I figured since it's a Defender, I'd ask here.

I recently rolled an elec/elec Defender, and so far, I'm having a blast. However, I've noticed something odd with endurance while playing solo. During some fights, sometimes even between fights on the same mission, my endurance bar struggles a bit, and I need to pop a blue or use Energizing Circuit on my little zap buddy to give me a quick boost, but during other fights, my endurance bar sits nice and comfortable around 90% endurance and never seems to go down, no matter how many attacks I'm throwing out.

I'm not sure what causes the inconsistency. My typical attack chain is to open up a fight with Zapp, then Shock to debuff, then just cycle between Charged Bolt, Lightning Bolt, and Ball Lightning as they become available, with the occasional Nemesis Staff against tougher enemies. I try to make sure both Galvanic and Voltaic Sentinel are both up for the extra oomph, but that's about the extent of my attacks. I have the Performance Shifter: Chance for +End slotted in Stamina, but that's the only proc I have slotted so far.

This happens a lot when I'm playing solo, so there's no buffs from teammates to worry about. It happens against pretty much every enemy group, even enemies that have no -end attacks (most recently I noticed it when fighting the Red Caps in Croatoa). I know electric blast has a chance to give +end on some attacks, but if that were the cause, I would expect it to be more evenly spread. Instead, like I described above, some fights have me low on endurance, and other fights I have no issues at all, even with no changes between mob types or attacks. 

Any idea what the reason could be?

Edited by GastlyGibus

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Do you case Empowering Circuit on your pets and have it jump to you?  All your ally buffs will often jump back to buff you, especially when you're solo and near your pets.  And, without seeing your build, I am wondering how you have all your powers slotted.  Here's a copy of my build for reference (assuming my version of Mids works).

[/img]
View This Build In MRB

PS: My initial build used Scorpion Shield, so I had to run the Black Scorpion arc to unlock the patron pool.  My Elec/Elec was one of the easiest builds to ever get through that arc.

Edited by wRECk69

3 hours ago, wRECk69 said:

Do you case Empowering Circuit on your pets and have it jump to you?  All your ally buffs will often jump back to buff you, especially when you're solo and near your pets.  And, without seeing your build, I am wondering how you have all your powers slotted.  Here's a copy of my build for reference (assuming my version of Mids works).

[/img]
View This Build In MRB

PS: My initial build used Scorpion Shield, so I had to run the Black Scorpion arc to unlock the patron pool.  My Elec/Elec was one of the easiest builds to ever get through that arc.

Yeah, I zap my little sentinel buddy for extra buffs. It's very handy in a pinch, but that's not quite what I'm asking about here.

I apologize if it's a bit confusing. I'm not complaining about endurance problems. Those are easy enough to solve with slotting and set bonuses. What I'm asking about here is this: for some reason I cannot decipher, I seem to get these random bursts of endurance out of nowhere. What I notice is that, usually, while I'm fighting, my endurance drains as normal (as I have Voltaic Sentinel and two leadership toggles running at the same time) but sometimes, with no pattern that I can see, I'll suddenly have boatloads of endurance and sit comfortably around 90% for an entire fight. 

I want to figure out if that's something I can make happen more reliably, as it would be a huge boon for my Defender, not having to worry about endurance issues quite as much. Just now, I was cleaning up some mobs in the RWZ, and I suddenly jumped from 50% endurance to 100%, and I have no earthly idea where it's coming from. I suspect it might have something to do with one of my sentinels (either Voltaic, Galvanized, or both) and being in close proximity to either the sentinels or the targets they're hitting, but neither of the sentinels mention any kind of endurance boosting effect in their power info. Playing around with it, I can't figure out how to make it happen more reliably. It just seems to happen whenever it feels like it.

Edited by GastlyGibus

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

• 1 month later

I have experienced this same thing playing a rad/elec defender that I am leveling up the other day. Sometimes in the middle of attacking a group I have seen my END bar go from %50 to full after using an ability. It does this all at once. I have read all the power descriptions and I am not able to recreate this effect at will as I don't know what to do. But I also, sear that this happens.

Do you have the Panacea and Performance Shifter procs slotted? Sometimes when they proc simultaneously or close to it, your bar jumps up a noticeable amount. This would also explain how it happens between fights.

On the other side, I’ve lost count of how many times I wondered why my End suddenly dipped/recovered slow and the answer was “Hasten crash, dummy”

Edited by Panache

Are you asking about the endurance gain while using electrical blasts? The power descriptions read that some of the drained endurance may even return to you.

Usually that amount is less than the base endurance cost of the attack, but when paired with charge up or something that boosts special, that amount can exceed the end cost of the power and you'll start getting net gains.

On 10/14/2023 at 10:20 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

Are you asking about the endurance gain while using electrical blasts? The power descriptions read that some of the drained endurance may even return to you.

Usually that amount is less than the base endurance cost of the attack, but when paired with charge up or something that boosts special, that amount can exceed the end cost of the power and you'll start getting net gains.

even more so if you can put the Performance Shifter: Chance for +END in the power.

Run a couple of the faster-recharging electrical blast powers with Performance shifter: Chance for +End and it is very noticable.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.