D.I.B. and Posi 2 Question.

Solarverse

In D.I.B (Drowning in Blood): Sometimes the meteors will appear as though they have already been interacted with, however, sadly they have not been, so you cannot get the badge for clicking all of them. You have to run D.I.B. a second time, sometimes a third time. Is there a workaround or fix to this?

Positron 2 issue: On the second to the last mission, after rescuing the NPC from the Vhaz, you get an ambush. However, sometimes you get a second ambush, however, for the life of me I cannot find a constant for a trigger for the second ambush. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not. What is the trigger for the second ambush?

Edited by Solarverse

Somebody didn't talk to the scientist first if you ask me.  I have never seen the meteors not clickable unless someone forgot to talk to the scientist (unless something has changed).  Honestly I always talk to science guy myself just in case.

I have no input regarding posi 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

Somebody didn't talk to the scientist first if you ask me.  I have never seen the meteors not clickable unless someone forgot to talk to the scientist (unless something has changed).  Honestly I always talk to science guy myself just in case.

I have no input regarding posi 2.

Oh wow, I never even thought about that. Good call. I'll make it a point from here on out to talk with the Scientist. Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did no message appear on your screen when a meteor is officially checked off?   That's how I'm sure since action and mutiple interested parties sometimes lead to confusion as to whether it was done or not.

I agree, the Scientist is step one.  I seem to recall there was an alternate second character at the start (a second scientist?) but I don't recall who that was.

Posi 2 the first ambush is when you defeat the spawn in the first room - below the stairs.  But that spawn is a patrol so if you don't rush forward they go up the stairs.  So I rush that first room and pull the spawn.  That way you  can defeat them and then the ambush before you go up the stairs.

I've never been able to figure out the second ambush - which  sometimes occurs when you  are downstairs and sometimes when you are upstairs.

I also can't figure out what causes that mission to end.  You have to get the elite boss spawn but you have to get something else too.

6 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Posi 2 the first ambush is when you defeat the spawn in the first room - below the stairs.  But that spawn is a patrol so if you don't rush forward they go up the stairs.  So I rush that first room and pull the spawn.  That way you  can defeat them and then the ambush before you go up the stairs.

I've never been able to figure out the second ambush - which  sometimes occurs when you  are downstairs and sometimes when you are upstairs.

I also can't figure out what causes that mission to end.  You have to get the elite boss spawn but you have to get something else too.

You and I are on the same page there, both of these are mysteries to be sure. I have tried to figure out the enigma with no luck. I know the Buzz-saw Boss has to die, but what specific mobs after that is a mystery.

7 hours ago, DougGraves said:

44 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

You and I are on the same page there, both of these are mysteries to be sure. I have tried to figure out the enigma with no luck. I know the Buzz-saw Boss has to die, but what specific mobs after that is a mystery.

The ambushes spawn from defeating the patrol and rescuing the hostage up top.  If you go too fast, you'll trigger both at same time.  Also, sometimes, the hostage will spawn up front near the mob in the upper room, so it can be difficult to not engage them all at once.  

As for Doc Buzzsaw, all you need is her entire spawn.  The problem can be when she spawns on the second or top level, then part of her spawn will also be split between the levels.  Sometimes, a zombie or two will hide behind the stairs and since they're vahz, they can be dumb and not aggro and you not know they're there.  So, just check around.  Also, Vahz like to wander, so be careful to not let any wander out the room as that can definitely be a pain in the butt to track down a lumbering zombie.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

The ambushes spawn from defeating the patrol and rescuing the hostage up top.  If you go too fast, you'll trigger both at same time.  Also, sometimes, the hostage will spawn up front near the mob in the upper room, so it can be difficult to not engage them all at once.  

As for Doc Buzzsaw, all you need is her entire spawn.  The problem can be when she spawns on the second or top level, then part of her spawn will also be split between the levels.  Sometimes, a zombie or two will hide behind the stairs and since they're vahz, they can be dumb and not aggro and you not know they're there.  So, just check around.  Also, Vahz like to wander, so be careful to not let any wander out the room as that can definitely be a pain in the butt to track down a lumbering zombie.  

Now it makes sense. So we have always gotten both ambushes, just sometimes we get both at the same time which gives the illusion of there only being one. Nice catch, thank you.