Tailors and ambushes

Greycat

So, here's a question: Does Carson in Founders Falls actually *spawn* an ambush like the other tailors?

Idle curiosity thing. I know the first two tailors spawn ambushes (Tsoo and Crey, specificially.) Hard to miss the first one since they spawn fairly close by and - for an ambush - fairly fast. The IP one can take a bit to arrive, especially since there aren't any Crey in IP so I suspect most folks are already on their way to Bricks or wherever to start punching in the name of science.

For Founders Falls - well, I don't think I've *ever* gotten a Nemesis ambush. Even on live. So I grabbed the FF costume mission (because... costumes,) went across the street and just ... waited. (I have nothing better to do, so including the time to write this up, I'm at around 15 minutes.) Just out of idle curiosity to see if there WAS one.  If there was an ambush - even slow and swimming - it should have reached me. So... doesn't appear to be one.

The other ambushes don't get targeted by anything, so I don't think it's "something else killed them on the way." And I'm literally the oly person IN Founders at the moment, so it's highly unlikely someONE else killed them (ambushes will also tend to be at your level, not the zone's or zone cap, and the character I'm on is 46.)

Is there something that just prevents an ambush from forming? Are they falling down below the map because of ancient spawn point weirdness? Do they just not GET one? Nemesis definitely *spawn* in FF - there are Comet tir... tiral... tiramisu snipers, after all. (Or are they the only thing allowed to spawn, perhaps? Which, yes, is part of why I was here - a mention that "snipers don't move," which I had to double check my own memory of - and no, they don't, even taunted. So yay.) Or do they just not spawn because Eden's chock full of them and one nearby zone transfer away?

Idle curiosity.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

... well. 15 minutes of waiting, posting this, deciding to head to Eden (because I need my costumes...)

Stop to punch some COT mages and one finally showed up.

First time I've actually seen an ambush for that mission.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Their delay was all part of a greater Nemesis Plot.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Left 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I've wondered the same thing. I'm absolutely positive I got an ambush the first couple of times - they came over the wall between the Icon and the building to its left/West. And on at least one occasion, I got ambushed as I arrived at the tram station after getting tired of waiting outside of Icon. But otherwise, nada (and I have 39 characters who are of a level to have gotten the mission).

I kinda wonder if they're spawning and then getting lost/stuck on their way to me. Kind of the way the panicking civilians in some missions tend to get trapped in certain rooms.

Edited by RikOz

On 9/8/2023 at 11:40 AM, Greycat said:

So, here's a question: Does Carson in Founders Falls actually *spawn* an ambush like the other tailors?

Upon my first reading of this line, I thought I had somehow missed a major plot point wherein it was revealed that the tailor in Steel Canyon was in league with the Tsoo and personally sending them after heroes who came to him looking for a new costume.

"Hello, Tub Ci? It's Serge. I've got another one for you. Asked for red boots to go with their green tights, can you believe that? I know! Some of them are beyond help. Anyway, yes, right outside my shop, any minute now. Thanks!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Every tailor mission has an ambush.  Well, they're supposed to.  I think there might be a bug involved that's keeping them from spawning 100% of the time...  Or maybe the spawn point is randomized and sometimes slaps the adds right next to a very hungry drone.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

Ok, I'm posting this from memories of early experience on live so...

a) don't shoot me for something I half remember 17 years ago

b) I could be completely missing the point

But I have it in mind that early days on live to get Enhancers, you'd have to go to either FF or Bricks and do a mission to be able to get your next level enhancements and I remember as a natural all Electric blaster (sure, totally logical) you visit Agent Six (Be seeing you!)* and then get sent on a mission that may spawn an ambush?

It would make sense to ensure that the other ambush didn't happen in FF or Bricks because that could potentially leave the  ambushers floating to catch PCs who were there doing other stuff.

I'm struggling to remember when this all got junked and I feel sorry for these NPCs that offered missions (there was a kid - one of few in the game - and I recall inappropriate photos in the day) did the same thing and mad scientist. There was therefore a potential that several ambushes could spawn in one zone and in those days they just hung around, so players could get ganked by other peoples' spawns. It was bad enough when we visited Serge, but you could still be on low travel - hover being the most likely for non-tanks IIRC.

Again, memory hazy and I'm possibly not explaining this well but if you'd got lots of toons spawning ambushes from Enhancement givers, then adding a costume ambush in the same zone might be considered problematic.

Worth trying again, go do it and see if the ambush spawns when you zone

*reference of the damned

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

• City Council
On 9/14/2023 at 2:16 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

Ok, I'm posting this from memories of early experience on live so...

a) don't shoot me for something I half remember 17 years ago

b) I could be completely missing the point

But I have it in mind that early days on live to get Enhancers, you'd have to go to either FF or Bricks and do a mission to be able to get your next level enhancements and I remember as a natural all Electric blaster (sure, totally logical) you visit Agent Six (Be seeing you!)* and then get sent on a mission that may spawn an ambush?

It would make sense to ensure that the other ambush didn't happen in FF or Bricks because that could potentially leave the  ambushers floating to catch PCs who were there doing other stuff.

I'm struggling to remember when this all got junked and I feel sorry for these NPCs that offered missions (there was a kid - one of few in the game - and I recall inappropriate photos in the day) did the same thing and mad scientist. There was therefore a potential that several ambushes could spawn in one zone and in those days they just hung around, so players could get ganked by other peoples' spawns. It was bad enough when we visited Serge, but you could still be on low travel - hover being the most likely for non-tanks IIRC.

Again, memory hazy and I'm possibly not explaining this well but if you'd got lots of toons spawning ambushes from Enhancement givers, then adding a costume ambush in the same zone might be considered problematic.

Worth trying again, go do it and see if the ambush spawns when you zone

*reference of the damned

Those would have been these: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Stores_Inventory.  Penny Preston https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Penny_Preston was the "Kid" you're referring to.

• Thanks 1