Discrimination

On 9/12/2023 at 11:18 AM, A.I.D.A. said:

The only thing teleport needs is more animation options in the tailor, besides just that silly "put both my arms up" animation.

The Translocation animation from the Sorcery Pool is a neat alternative animation. 

Edit: Ah looks like you mention that and the other variations in a later post. Either way, I see you point. Flight has four poses, there are like 5 run animation variations too. And you can Jump/Leap at least two different ways depending on how a player hugs buildings or double jumps. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

15 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I'm not sure why that looks silly.

Nightcrawler-X-Men-Marvel-Comics-Wagner-

Cosmetics aren't bad.

It takes time for DEVs to do animations and that has be the thing they are into in order to do it.

What are your suggestions for "good" teleport power exec SFX?

Maelstrom has a unique tp animation. 

40 minutes ago, A Cat said:

Maelstrom has a unique tp animation. 

Okay. So that is one that you would like seeing as an alternate SFX for teleport.

Any thoughts on what other ones should look like?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Ninjitsu also has a few varieties of "press both hands together" if you wanted something more mystical, but not as hand-wavy as sorcery's.

*face palm*

I was begging for your proposed tech option.... Though it would need to have the proposed animation reduced to keep up.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, biostem said:

Ninjitsu also has a few varieties of "press both hands together" if you wanted something more mystical, but not as hand-wavy as sorcery's.

Steal the Smoke Flash animation from Ninjutsu for those with a Batman/Ninja preference.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I'm not sure why that looks silly.

Nightcrawler-X-Men-Marvel-Comics-Wagner-

Cosmetics aren't bad.

It takes time for DEVs to do animations and that has be the thing they are into in order to do it.

What are your suggestions for "good" teleport power exec SFX?

I mentioned a few animations in a post here already. The ones from existing teleport powers would make for a good start.

Also, unless I'm missing some file extension reference I don't have access to, being decidedly Not-A-Dev, 'SFX' usually means 'sound effects,' not really what we're talking about here.

Edited by A.I.D.A.

2 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

Also, unless I'm missing some file extension reference I don't have access to, being decidedly Not-A-Dev, 'SFX' usually means 'sound effects,' not really what we're talking about here.

I see.

At this point it is "SFX most commonly stands for sound effects in film and video, but it can also be used to describe special effects as a whole."

I guess it is a generational thing.

9 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

I mentioned a few animations in a post here already. The ones from existing teleport powers would make for a good start.

Thanks for letting me know.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.