DM/SR build on the cheap(ish)

Story Archer

After getting a little frustrated with my DM/SR, primarily due to END issues and an understandably lackluster performance given that he was in the mid-to-late 20's at the time, I returned to my 'safe-space' Kat/Will for a while, but now I'm ready to get back on track and push through these growing pains to the sweet, sweet untouchability of later levels.

Playing around with different builds, I've been pleasantly surprised to discover how effective you can make them without having to go all-in on purple IO sets, which is good because my alt-itis and somewhat limited time rarely allows me to do so. This build in particular has come along very nicely, and while it's not what I would call a minimal investment, it's fraction of what I could have spent. There are no purples IO sets or Winter sets in this build, with only the lesser versions of the two Scrapper sets. To be honest, even the Scrapper-only sets could be replaced with less expensive IO's without too much of a drop-off in power level, I mainly have them in there for the Global Recharge and Crit bonuses.

FWIW, this tends to be my 'solo' scrapper and it's built with that in mind, though I certainly team with him from time to time. I'd appreciate anyone with experience playing such characters to chime in with any thoughts they might have, particularly if they see some sub-optimal slotting (within the criteria mentioned, of course). Hopefully, other players with similar goals and/or limitations will find this useful.

(data chunk at the end of the post)

1711031286_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.85c07de92e3c609d79dc50830aa5c158.png

There's some pretty good stuff here:

• 50+% defense to all, along with 84.5% DDR and attacks that inherently reduce ToHit (a little overkill, but that's fine)
  • A self-heal that doubles as a solid attack and grants a chance for an Absorb shield every 4 seconds or so
  • 300+% Regen, not counting a couple of Power Transfer procs
  • A self-recovery that doubles as a solid AoE attack
  • 93.75% Global Recharge which gets you just 12-15 seconds from perma-Hasten
  • Stacking clicky mez protection that doesn't go away like toggles will
  • A very smooth and efficient attack chain featuring a much less-commonly resisted damage type

I didn't lean into a Patron pool that gave mezzes or ranged attacks because I don't tend to spend much time controlling when I'm in Scrapperlock and the attack chain didn't need any additions, nor did I need to use any of those options to mule IO sets. Against +3 content or less you don't really even need Focused Accuracy toggled on. This is just straight-up meat-and-potatoes, hit things hard and don't get hit in return. I like that my normal foot speed with Swift/Sprint/Quickness/Combat Jumping (and Athletic Run) is more than enough to get me around locally and the TP really lets me dart across the map when I need to (it also fits the character concept perfectly). 

Admittedly the damage resistances aren't anything to write home about, so on the rare occasion that you actually get hit you tend to feel it. This is usually lessened somewhat by the Absorb shield that Preventive Medicine gives you, which is why I like having it as part of my steady attack chain, giving you a triple benefit - it deals damage, it heals damage and it potentially sets you up to avoid damage as well.

Again, any comments or suggestions are welcome and I hope this helps people trying to muddle through the mid-levels of DM or who are considering SR as a Secondary.

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

Edited by Story Archer
  • Like 1

You aren't the only one who I have seen do this, but I don't get the -KB protection when using /sr. The 3-slot bonus isn't doing anything for you either. PB doesn't need a second Recharge either. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

9 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

You aren't the only one who I have seen do this, but I don't get the -KB protection when using /sr. The 3-slot bonus isn't doing anything for you either. PB doesn't need a second Recharge either. 

It's a little embarrassing to say this, but the +defense that the set provides evens out my Ranged/AoE Defense and that appeals to my OCD. If it helps, in the 50+ build I swap that out for a set of Warp which grants more tangible benefits. I've also decided to swap out the Guissian's to a set of Adjusted Targeting, since the bonus defense really is superfluous at that point.

I was under the impression that there was some benefit to be gained from stacking PB. If not then that's a slot that's easily used elsewhere. Thanks for your comments.

Edited by Story Archer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Story Archer said:

It's a little embarrassing to say this, but the +defense that the set provides evens out my Ranged/AoE Defense and that appeals to my OCD. If it helps, in the 50+ build I swap that out for a set of Warp which grants more tangible benefits. I've also decided to swap out the Guissian's to a set of Adjusted Targeting, since the bonus defense really is superfluous at that point.

I was under the impression that there was some benefit to be gained from stacking PB. If not then that's a slot that's easily used elsewhere. Thanks for your comments.

On my Claws/sr I have 158.8% +Recharge and a single Recharge IO in PB. Recharge is 66.41 seconds with a duration of 120 seconds. That's more than enough. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

12 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

On my Claws/sr I have 158.8% +Recharge and a single Recharge IO in PB. Recharge is 66.41 seconds with a duration of 120 seconds. That's more than enough. 

Yeah, with Hasten the Recharge for it on my L50 build is just under 61s with only one IO, so I'm sure you're right.

Edited by Story Archer

I know you have FA, but does Siphon Life hit that often with no Acc slotting? There certainly mobs which will challenge that type of slotting.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Shadow Maul is bad. Touch of Fear is good. You can proc bomb ToF and have a high recharge AOE that also does some CC.

Siphon Life is for damage. Slot it that way.

Practiced Brawler will be refreshed before it expires even with zero slotting.

I'm curious what your global ACC is with FA OFF. FA eats a LOT of EPS. Curious if it's really worth it.

49 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

I'm curious what your global ACC is with FA OFF. FA eats a LOT of EPS. Curious if it's really worth it.

The image shows 29.9% and it is off. Dark Consumption can be a way to counter the cost of running it. I run a similar if not more so end heavy setup on some builds which have a end recovery ability, and it works out even with FA running. 

To clarify, PB needs some recharge from somewhere in order to have zero downtime. Recharge is 200 seconds with a 120 second duration.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

23 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I know you have FA, but does Siphon Life hit that often with no Acc slotting? There certainly mobs which will challenge that type of slotting.

2 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

As the build above is shown (except swap a set of Adjusted Targeting in FA instead of Guissian's), with FA off AND no Soul Drain (something very unlikely to ever be the case), Accuracy is at 43% and ToHit at 6%. That puts Siphon Life at 77% Accuracy against +3's and 65% Accuracy against +4's. Again, this is without any purple sets whatsoever and without Focused Accuracy OR Soul Drain. Turn on either one of those and it jumps up to 86-87% vs. +4's and the Accuracy cap (95%) vs. +3's or lower. 

Honestly, once I upgrade the Scrapper sets and Soul Drain gets close to perma, there really isn't any reason to turn FA on except when debuffed or up against particularly hard targets. Still, it's good to have when you need it.

2 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Shadow Maul is bad. Touch of Fear is good. You can proc bomb ToF and have a high recharge AOE that also does some CC.

Siphon Life is for damage. Slot it that way.

That's a great suggestion for ToF, I never considered that. Back when I played DM many years ago, ToF was the power you never even considered. How would you recommend slotting it? I shouldn't need accuracy for it any more than I do for Siphon Life, so are you just thinking the six damage procs (4 damage, Glimpse the Abyss and Cloud Senses)?

I'm pretty happy with Siphon Life the way it is - the full set of Preventive Medicine really gives me some nice stuff I don't think I'd see from any other non-Purple option. The attack chain already deals pretty solid single-target damage and with my Resistances so low, when I do get hit, it tends to hurt. Having an ablative Absorb shield and being able to Heal up for a lot in response really tends to mitigate that one weakness. I'm open to slotting it for damage, I just tend to shore up defenses before worrying about MOAR offense, especially if I'm planning to run solo.

16 hours ago, Story Archer said:

I shouldn't need accuracy for it any more than I do for Siphon Life, so are you just thinking the six damage procs (4 damage, Glimpse the Abyss and Cloud Senses)?

ToF has two components - a fear/tohit debuff that only affects the primary target and damage that is AoE. Procs in Fear, Tohit Debuff and Accurate Tohit Debuff sets will only hit the primary target, while procs in Melee AoE Damage sets will hit any foes in the AoE. (If you have it on a tank or brute, Threat sets will also work.)

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 10/23/2023 at 7:46 PM, Story Archer said:

After getting a little frustrated with my DM/SR, primarily due to END issues and an understandably lackluster performance given that he was in the mid-to-late 20's at the time, I returned to my 'safe-space' Kat/Will for a while, but now I'm ready to get back on track and push through these growing pains to the sweet, sweet untouchability of later levels.

Playing around with different builds, I've been pleasantly surprised to discover how effective you can make them without having to go all-in on purple IO sets, which is good because my alt-itis and somewhat limited time rarely allows me to do so. This build in particular has come along very nicely, and while it's not what I would call a minimal investment, it's fraction of what I could have spent. There are no purples IO sets or Winter sets in this build, with only the lesser versions of the two Scrapper sets. To be honest, even the Scrapper-only sets could be replaced with less expensive IO's without too much of a drop-off in power level, I mainly have them in there for the Global Recharge and Crit bonuses.

FWIW, this tends to be my 'solo' scrapper and it's built with that in mind, though I certainly team with him from time to time. I'd appreciate anyone with experience playing such characters to chime in with any thoughts they might have, particularly if they see some sub-optimal slotting (within the criteria mentioned, of course). Hopefully, other players with similar goals and/or limitations will find this useful.

(data chunk at the end of the post)

1711031286_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.85c07de92e3c609d79dc50830aa5c158.png

There's some pretty good stuff here:

• 50+% defense to all, along with 84.5% DDR and attacks that inherently reduce ToHit (a little overkill, but that's fine)
  • A self-heal that doubles as a solid attack and grants a chance for an Absorb shield every 4 seconds or so
  • 300+% Regen, not counting a couple of Power Transfer procs
  • A self-recovery that doubles as a solid AoE attack
  • 93.75% Global Recharge which gets you just 12-15 seconds from perma-Hasten
  • Stacking clicky mez protection that doesn't go away like toggles will
  • A very smooth and efficient attack chain featuring a much less-commonly resisted damage type

I didn't lean into a Patron pool that gave mezzes or ranged attacks because I don't tend to spend much time controlling when I'm in Scrapperlock and the attack chain didn't need any additions, nor did I need to use any of those options to mule IO sets. Against +3 content or less you don't really even need Focused Accuracy toggled on. This is just straight-up meat-and-potatoes, hit things hard and don't get hit in return. I like that my normal foot speed with Swift/Sprint/Quickness/Combat Jumping (and Athletic Run) is more than enough to get me around locally and the TP really lets me dart across the map when I need to (it also fits the character concept perfectly). 

Admittedly the damage resistances aren't anything to write home about, so on the rare occasion that you actually get hit you tend to feel it. This is usually lessened somewhat by the Absorb shield that Preventive Medicine gives you, which is why I like having it as part of my steady attack chain, giving you a triple benefit - it deals damage, it heals damage and it potentially sets you up to avoid damage as well.

Again, any comments or suggestions are welcome and I hope this helps people trying to muddle through the mid-levels of DM or who are considering SR as a Secondary.

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

image.thumb.png.466898a10ef7532b5692aa2db25700ff.png

image.thumb.png.0b12bcd8cdd862227e9ab5163655b9aa.png

image.png.e9d6d5ccd63c1d2e04a8f5517d268cea.png

image.png.866a9a61355bed66c097eed2bd5b5953.png

Maybe you'll get some ideas.

With this much recharge you will NOT need both SP and Smite.

DM and SR are both pretty End friendly. This WILL do some AOE. Take note how Dark Consumption and Soul Drain are slotted. You can get even more AOE if you take the Mu Mastery Epic Pool.

I very much disagree with Siphon Life being slotted for heals, but hey, you do you.

No clue which Destiny you plan on taking, but if you do Ageless: Recovery you won't have End issues 45+ ever again. Obviously, take Muscle Alpha.

ToF has a Accuracy modifier of 1.0. It needs ACC in it to hit.

Don't get it twisted. Regen is priority last in terms of survivability.

Def>Res>HP>-----Regen

If you have 110HP with 1hp/s and get hit for 101 you live. If you have 100HP with 10hp/s and get hit for 101 you're dead. You regen nothing when dead.

10 minutes ago, Story Archer said:

It's at about 86% - how do you raise DDR?

It should be in the toggles and passives.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

I went heavy on slotting both for my Claws/sr. That's just how things worked out, but I also built mine differently than anything in this thread partly because I went Sorcery pool to get Rune of Protection. Rotate that with Hybrid Melee and you get a rather sturdy Scrapper. RoP puts S/L resists at 68.8%. I'm about 95% of the way to converting it over to Dark/sr, but the quirks of each set offers some issues.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

• 2 weeks later

I have a Dark melee/Ninjitsu scrapper who is absurdly tough and dishes the pain lol. So my suggestion for siphon life is to 2 slot hetacomb Acc/rech/dam and damage IO +5 and this will cap your damage. Then throw in 3 procs with a +5 heal IO and now you have a heavy hitting attack with a decent heal. Slotting a preventative medicine set for the set bonuses is a major mistake. You can have best of both with the above slotting. Also you are losing out on a significant amount of Dps.

Edited by C U R S E
  • Like 1

Little late to reply but there are edge cases where the ability to stack PB can be useful.  The first and most common is vs the large mag stun of Rommy's rez.  Likewise there's instances where having kb protection in a build can be useful if like me these days you don't auto PB (for example you have Hasten on auto) or even necessarily run it 24-7 (or get scrapper locked and just forget to click) since as it can be used when mezzed.  The kb protection keeps you where you were if your mezzed and knocked at the same time.   Being SR means an awful lot of mez just doesn't hit in the first place.  Not having it up and running tends to happen both by 'oops I forgot to click moving between spawns' or these days because I'll be attacking non stop in hordes of foes or vs an AV/GM and don't wish to take a ~2 sec break/loss of damage involved in using PB when the mez is rare to happen (and I'll just take the time to click when it does happen).  

PS i would also raise an eyebrow in slotting for set bonuses via a heal set while not fully enhanced damage in Siphon Life first

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 11/8/2023 at 11:13 PM, C U R S E said:

I have a Dark melee/Ninjitsu scrapper who is absurdly tough and dishes the pain lol. So my suggestion for siphon life is to 2 slot hetacomb Acc/rech/dam and damage IO +5 and this will cap your damage. Then throw in 3 procs with a +5 heal IO and now you have a heavy hitting attack with a decent heal. Slotting a preventative medicine set for the set bonuses is a major mistake. You can have best of both with the above slotting. Also you are losing out on a significant amount of Dps.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I just rolled a dm/nin after trying db/nin.  DB is yummy damage but is boring to me.  You wouldn't happen to be willing to share your build CURSE?

As DM/SR Scrappers go, I like my build better. Teleport would not be my travel choice but since OP used it, I slapped it here instead of SJ.

- Hasten is perma with 5 seconds cushion just in case (PB is the auto power for me so Hasten goes manually)

- PB has a 67 seconds recharge so it doubles protection for almost 50% of the time which is more than enough (particularly with the annoying animation) so I've slotted it for endrdx

- Didn't honestly know what to slot in Shadow Maul so I went with some procs. Same with ToF since I usually put there a whole set but many ppl in the thread pointed it is good for procs

- The 1862.74 HP are including Freedom Phalanx Reserve, Portal Jockey and TF Commander accolades.

- Went Mu Mastery for Ball Lightning so all in all the scrapper can do some AoE but not sure Zapp would be an overkill. Could get rid of Fold Space and go Fire Mastery instead for Ball of    Fire, that'd free 5 slots that could be allocated... somewhere I guess

- I don't know what to write here but I am bored

- Ah I almost forgot, resistance to Def Debuff is 95%

image.thumb.png.0838fd95cb261e6563e584fff210bed2.png 

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