Suggestion: A Special Room For Quantum Gunners

LikeRacerX

Hello, so one of my characters is a Peacebringer, and he's pretty fun to play. When you play a Peacebringer, since your character is super good, there are special enemy types that spawn just to give you a hard time, these are called Quantum Gunners. I have no problem with it most of the time.

But sometimes, for some missions, their inclusion doesn't make sense especially since they want to attack you on sight. So if you're doing a mission where, for example, you're in disguise and sneaking around a gang hideout, the fact that some enemies are attacking you and not others can really interfere with the mission flow.

So, here's my idea: What if during select missions like these where Gunners would mess things up, an extra area was created, that players can't access? Sort of like a penalty box for hockey. And any Quantum Gunners that spawn are sent to this out of the way area?

Are there that many missions where you are supposed to be undercover that would warrant this type of implementation?  Further, the special anti-Kheldian enemies have been scaled-back quite a bit since the HEATs were introduced, (AFAIK, Void Hunters and Cysts don't spawn in regular content and the quantum damage was changed from a special damage type to negative energy).

Edited by biostem

Off the top of my head, I can only think of a few missions where a PC would be in disguise and sneaking around as a PB. The first mission is basically a tutorial mission where you are disguised as a Hellion on a tiny map. The second mission you are doing the same thing as a Skull on a small map. Neither of these missions should actually have any enemies (except for a lone Death Head Gunner on the Skulls map). The other missions that are hero side, despite being in disguise, the enemies very much can detect you are disguised and attack you. (Like the Freakshow mission where you wear the chameleon suit that I still have no idea how anyone could be fooled by it.) If there are Quantums spawning on the 2 missions where you shouldn't be fighting, except for the lone Death Head, then the Quantums need to be disabled for those missions. Because with how enemies are spawned on missions, I don't see any way for the Quantums to be made to spawn in an isolated room out of the way. And given the author's "that players can't access" comment, would require every map that could be used for these missions to be remade to have such a room in the first place.

(There are red side missions that are similar in the very low levels, but PB's can't do those. Except maybe through Ouroboros.)

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

There are red side missions that are similar in the very low levels, but PB's can't do those.

I mean, a level 1 Kheldian could run to PD, talk to Null, then go through the villain stuff as if they were created there from jump street...

44 minutes ago, biostem said:

I mean, a level 1 Kheldian could run to PD, talk to Null, then go through the villain stuff as if they were created there from jump street...

Point. Doesn't change my point that the OP isn't really feasible given how the game works and that it would be simpler (and better in my opinion) if Quantums were simply prevented from spawning on those missions. (Or at least forced to abide by the same 'friend until detects as enemy' mechanic the other mobs have to abide by.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "simply" to "simpler".
  • Thumbs Up 1

... sort of side discussion aside...

The main issue I could see with the OP's idea is if the mission happens to be a kill all. Putting enemies in an unreachable room would kind of put a damper on that.

Granted, it would also make others much easier ("Do not defeat patrol!" ... patrol spawns with a Quantum whatever, who's ported away, making said patrol impossible to defeat.) But I could see it causing more issues to weed out over quite some time than not.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

I just imagine that the quantum’s can “sense” my PB, which is why even in human form I get attacked.

Given the Voids definitely can, per comments in the Kheld arcs, it's not wildly out of spec to think there's some indicator on the weapon tuned to Kheldian energy. Not mentioned lore-wise (in fact, non-Council Quantum guns are supposed to be somewhat unreliable,) but not unreasonable.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.