Fire controllers Questions

Akinesia

It will helps tons if you mention secondary power set. With that being said, it sounds like you’re talking about Frad (Fire/Rad)?

As for Fire Control, take Ring of Fire for leveling, you can drop Ring of Fire once you got the pets. Skip Bonfire. You can skip Hot Feet until you get Choking Cloud. Hot Feet drains a lot of your endurance, especially when you have debuffs toggle on. You can hold on Mutation til lv49 if you’re planning to solo often.

The power pools is entirely up to you. Frads usually take Fighting pool instead of Leadership, because they’re going in melee often due to Hot Feet/Choking Cloud and Cinders. I’m not going to mention Fallout. That’s a entirely different topic. ;p

Hard disagree on skipping bonfire.  With the immobilize changes, bonfire is a great power

+1. Even before, if you used a proc, it became a great power. Now you don't even need a proc. It does high damage AND high control at the same time, what's not to love? I would still put a KB to KD proc in it, so that you can open around a corner with it and avoid an alpha strike.

Ring of Fire is good for soloing, if you're not going to solo then a slot DoT is useless. If you are going to solo, then Controller damage is low enough that you shouldn't pass up sources to do more damage.

Mutation is, IMO, worthless. Everyone depends on wakies to wake up, not on rez powers.

I would also skip Choking Cloud... it's a good power especially for someone who is going to be in the middle of mobs, but you'll be running Hot Feet, Enervating Infection, and Radiation Infection plus any defense toggles like Maneuvers. Adding another toggle with a high End Drain, which mitigates almost no damage if you have the mobs Stunned, is not something that you can maintain.

Fallout is not worth it, IMO, except if you know you're going to be in a mid-size team at higher difficulty rating. It has too many limitations, though its damage and debuffs are great. The problem is on a large team that is going through spawns pretty well, by the time that you have a body on the floor, and are done with your controls and debuffs, most or all of hte minions are dead. So there aren't really enough live bodies left to make it a great power. It's not worth the power and slotting investment to take a power that isn't going to see regular use, and when it does, the spawn is down to Lts and Bosses, when you need all the slots for better powers.

Hard disagree on skipping bonfire.  With the immobilize changes, bonfire is a great power

[snipped]

I suppose you can replace Choking Cloud with Bonfire to help Hot Feet by "trapping" them instead of running away from Hot Feet.

Ring of Fire is a MAG FOUR immobilize. It is your tool for establishing containment on bosses.

That said I slot it for damage! It's 4 second recharge 28 second duration just pretend it's a blast that triggers containment.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

On Live ROF was my Single Target Damage spell. Slotted more for damage and recharge then anything else. Once isnt always in a team and it is nice to be able to stack Char/ROF and burn mobs that are annoying you --- works great for nailing AVs to the floor too. AVs tend to have low immob resistance.

I had Bonfire with a single slot on live and lowed it even though it could be situational.

Indoor or any map with tight spacing if you caught (or pushed) a group into a small room or corner and Bonfire would perma lock them down as they keep bouncing off the wall and back into Bonfire.

Outdoors put it on your own feet and keep most mobs from being alto to run up and smack you dead. Even make an island of safety for squishies.

It was also the only power I know that got better if the mobs were resistant to it --- anything with KB resistance would instead of flying away from the center they would just fall down over and over.

With a bit of recharge I could see having 3-4+ out at once.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

With a bit of recharge I could see having 3-4+ out at once.

I have my Bonfire down to 15 sec recharge.  I have it 4 slotted with procs: Sudden Acc (KB to KD), Force Feedback (Rech), Annialation (-Res) and Sup Frozen Blast (Immob).  My Global +Rech is so high and Frozen Blast offers a +Rech to the power.  Bonfire is my best friend, and I'll essentially setup a giant flaming field of them. I'd slot it with Overwhelming Force (KB to KD) instead of the Sudden Acc, but I have that 1 of in my Imps to create more chaos.

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

Let me just say.....

You have not lived until your laughing so hard your going to **** yourself watching some Warhulks bouncing back and forth between two bonfires trying to stand up.

OK..... I'm easily amused get over it.

Cant do that with the KB to KD IO.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

Always surprised people skipped bonfire its like Burn patch it was a fire controllers you cant touch me so nyah power especially when dropped near you and you had hotfoot and choking cloud on.

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

The next big question what IOsets should i use. And how many slots should i put in the powers. Looking to get as mush recharge as possible. For perma Hasten and AM

Char current Gladiators net 6 slotted

Fire cages Rooting grasp 3 slotted

Flashfire staggar 5 slotted

Ring of Fire 3 slotted regular io

Hot feet regular io 1 slot

Bonfire regular io 1 slot

Bonfire regular io 1 slot

No matter what, I am of the opinion that you must now slot a Sudden Acceleration Knockback to Knockdown IO in Bonfire.

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.

I 6 slot hot feet. It is a significant source of damage and protection.

Acc, slow, damage are all good. There is a set that has a proc for -resist too if I recall correctly.

I 6 slot hot feet. It is a significant source of damage and protection.

Acc, slow, damage are all good. There is a set that has a proc for -resist too if I recall correctly.

Annihilation, I put it in Bonfire... Bonfire is my Proc machine,  Force Feedback Proc, Annihilation Proc, Sudden Acc KD to KB and 1 other Annihilation Damage Rech I think.  It is AWESOME.